Today I Will ______________

Options

Replies

• bhox3
    bhox3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Today I will do yoga and try to get 10,000 steps cleaning house. Will start a new program via Runkeeper tomorrow that is supposed to help me run longer/faster. It's an 8 week program. For some reason I stick to exercising better when someone (or something) tells me what I am supposed to be doing on what days:tongue: Whatever works I guess to get my butt out of bed and moving!

Have a great Saturday!
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I have been for a 5km run already this morning. it was supposed to be a nice easy run, but ended up being one of my fastest runs ever! The wind was at my back on the way home & I had to pass some fast walkers, but I didn't want them to pass me back LOL.

I am also going to clean up my house from top to bottom today & will finish tomorrow. I plan to run 10km tomorrow so the more I get done today the better because I don't have much energy left after running 10km.

Brenda: I write on my calendar, what I want to do for the week. Somehow that helped me last month, on the weeks that I wrote it, I did it. Then I give myself a star, on the days that I do it. Just like reward charts, I used to do for potty training for my kids. I just love seeing a whole month of stars :)
  • bhox3
    Options
    Good morning! Today I start my 8 week Runkeeper training. Was going to run this morning, but hubby and son were up early making pancakes and bacon - it was yummmmy! So will run this afternoon. Will meal plan for the week today as well.

Lisa, great job on the run! I like the idea of the calendar. Will get that put together today so I know what I'm doing each day without having to look at the ipod. My son's going to be jealous of all my stars on the calendar!!

Have a great day!
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    Hi all! I went for my 10k run & we went apple picking today. By the end of the day I will have over 20 000 steps. The most in a long time! I am tired though, and my hips hurt in a place that has never hurt before. LOL Always something new!

I am cooking a big turkey for supper today. That is basically what we will eat the entire week. I can make turkey so many different ways & then I finish up the week with turkey soup from the bones.. Cheap & one of my favourites. It is the Canadian Thanksgiving next week so we will have turkey again at my mom's house, but we never get as many leftovers that way. We are also going to an amusement park next Sunday. That will be a challenge for my diet, but I will be sure to do my long run on Saturday to make up for it & so that I do not miss out on those 10 kms that I need to make it to 80kms this month!

Hope you all had a great Sunday!
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Getting back into the groove after being away all last week. We had a really good week touring the Cabot Trail. We did 5 different hikes in 2 days, so I know I got my exercise in those days anyway. The first hike went up 1200 feet, great views when we got to the top. Eating went ok too, ate a lot of fish with rice....stirfry one night. But, the good thing was, we always ate a bit late so there really was no snacking.

I need to go back and read some posts to see what is going on with all of you! I have to work this afternoon, and then will pick up some much needed groceries.
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Hello friends ~ sounds like everyone had a busy and good weekend.

Lisa, love the idea of goals on the calendar for the week; may try that as well. Then my son can see it and a) know if I failed b) help push me. Also, I love your new profile pic - you look so happy :)

Brenda, how is that app working? I find that toys help me play along as well. I also need that push. That is one of the things about the tv show Biggest Loser that impresses me the most --- I barely push as hard as they day; I'm amazed at their strength. If I could get myself to have 1/2 of it!!!

Maureen, welcome back from vacation, hope it was extremely relaxing! Hikes sound beautiful :)

I've been keeping myself outside for my walk/jogs and it's been nice extending my outside time. Definitely getting cooler out there, but I'm going to stay outside through October and hopefully push November as well. Made some chicken stuffed peppers yesterday (yum!) that will carry me for the next few days and then I'll make something else up for the rest of the week. Did not buy myself chicken to lean on for the week -- need different so I'm forced this way.

I'm hoping to push myself workout wise and food this week as next week I'm in Nashville for 3 days and I know I won't have the opportunity for exercise and food will be much harder.

Have a great Monday!!!!
  • bhox3
    Options
    Good morning! Did JM Beginner Shred this morning. Cindy, so far the app is working great - keeping me on track!

Lisa, love the new profile pic. Got my calendar for the month of October all set up and got my first star yesterday! Yep, son was a little jealous and wanted a start to, so he "worked out" on the elliptical for 10 minutes. Guess every little bit helps no matter how old you are!

Maureli, welcome back! Sounds like you had a great vacation!

Have a great Monday!
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    Good morning all! Thanks for the comments on my profile picture. My daughter is the "Queen of selfies" My family told me that I should not use my fake picture smile, but it was a good moment, and I WAS happy. The glass of wine I had probably helped too!

I am dragging my butt today, after weight lifting. I felt strong & deadlifted 145lbs. Now I would like to lock the door to my store & have a nap. I woke up too early, but I am just BEAT! I am counting inventory today. Hopefully that will keep me awake.

Brenda: I love that your son wanted a star too! I believe that all of these things we do will eventually be things our kids do. So making an effort every day to get some activity & rewarding it, with stars, not food, are awesome habits to develop.

Maureen: that sounds like a really active vacation. We will be taking a vacation at the end of the month & hope to bike (weather permitting), but it will be biking between wineries & breweries. :drinker:

Cindy: I think you will be surprised how long you can actually walk/run outside. I know that I bundle up, balaclava, gloves multiple layers & I can manage it until the temp is about -5C or 23F (come to think of it I might go as low as -10C, as 0C or 32F feels warm). As long as it is not too windy, it is not bad.

Have a great day!
  • maureli
    Options
    Good Morning! Things are looking a wee bit different in the groups section! :) Hope you are all doing good today!

Last night I went to my exercise class, I had missed all last week so I am feeling it in my legs this morning. I am going to get out there for a run though, before the rain starts. Its starting to look a bit gloomy out there.
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Hello Maureen … very different pages, be fun to learn the new stuff!

Yesterday was an eh day for me. Ate fine, but got less than no exercise in. At desk all day, 1.5 hr hair appt at night, and that was about it. Today is team lunch, I can eat good, but it takes away chances to exercise. Hoping to get out there early enough tonight to have an hour of walking/running time before the dark.

Have a great day all!
  • bhox3
    Options
    Good morning! Yes, pages are really different, not sure if I like it, but will get used it!

Was supposed to run yesterday, but went to work early and got home late. Today is actually supposed to be my rest day, but looks like it was yesterday instead! In to work early again this morning, but son has "Sunday school" tonight so will run then.

Have a great Wednesday!
  • maureli
    Options
    Cindy - I figure that if you didn't get time to exercise yesterday, but did ok eating....then it was still a successful day. I think it will balance out, and maybe you will get time tonight to fit the exercise in.
    -
    Brenda - hope you get your run in tonight while your son is at sunday school :) I am about to take off on mine. It seems to be warmer out than I thought!
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    I had written a long post yesterday morning, just before they shut down the forums. I guess it didn't make it! I am sure we will get used to the new format, but I am not loving it right now!

I took a rest day yesterday. My shoulder hurt & I don't remember my other excuses lol :smiley:

I weight lifted today, and my supplier friend is coming to visit so it will be a wining & dining night. I will do my best to behave so that I can run tomorrow.

Have a great evening!
  • summerluno2
    summerluno2 Posts: 313
    edited October 2014
    Options
    hi hi … yes Maureen it was so warm today - I loved it! I got a run in tonight so feel great. Just realized I didn't log, but I think I remember everything I ate so will plus it in before bed.

Brenda - I made the honey glazed chicken tonight. Easy and yum! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Lisa; boo on the long post, but looks like everything is back up and running. Definitely some new things to learn. My job consists of website testing, usability review, etc. So I'm fortunate enough to always have to adjust to change and am use to it. Overall it looks easy enough and before you know it; you'll forget what the old version looked like ;0

Next week I'm going to start changing up my workouts by doing 2-3 days of walk/run and the other 2-3 days will some JM DVDs. I may invest in the buns/thighs as that is definitely my area of need.

Nite all :)
  • bhox3
    Options
    Happy Thursday (actually Friday for me as I'm off work tomorrow - woohoo!!)!

Got my run in last night - it was a great run - 12 minute mile! Working my way back to my 10 minute mile. So jealous of you all that run outside! Today I will do a JM dvd.

Cindy, glad you like the chicken! I'm definitely making that part of my meal planning rotation.

Back to work I guess - have a great day!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    I'd love to do a 12 minute run -- within the year! I've been averaging 13:40 but I walk/jog so I guess it's not too bad.

This week the majority of my foods were different than normal and I have to say I was a lot happier food wise. Going to try to keep that trend .

Going to see Gone Girl tomorrow night with my friend; excited to see that.

Oh Oh … bought a new pair of jeans today - was so nice going down a size and still breathing in them! :)
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    Yesterday I had a really bad headache. Who knows why! So no run. That is 2 missed runs this week. I have to figure this out. I am having a hard time going out when it is dark & cold. I did it last fall & the year before too!

I dead lifted 150lbs for the 1st time today. It was ok, except I must have forgotten to breath & kinda got dizzy. Next week I will do 2 sets at 150lb before moving on to 155. 2 sets was NOT possible today. I just put my info in a strength calculator thing & I am not even to novice yet, as far as strength standards go. I guess I better stop babying myself.

Awesome about the jeans Cindy. That makes it all worth it!

Have a great Friday!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Wow on that dead lifts Lisa -- amazing!!!! Sometimes a run just isn't us, don't worry about it and just make up for it tomorrow; you are doing great with everything. If you feel a trend in that, switch it up with a cardio dvd, zumba or something.

I didn't get to run today as I saw Gone Girl -- great movie! I read the book and the movie was pretty spot on, but did change the ending …. I liked the movie ending better.

Cleared the basement out so on the rainy or too cold days the basement will be ready for me - no excuses.

Enjoy the weekend all :)
  • bhox3
    Options
    Good morning! I'm having issues with the morning thing as well. Lately I've been exercising after I get home from work. Not really sure I like that, definitely like exercising in the morning better, but can't seem to get moving that early!

Awesome job with the weights Lisa!

Have a great weekend!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Happy Saturday. Rainy and miserable here. Guess it's good I told you all I cleaned my basement out. Ha Ha. Woke up for 10 and still had the cleaning bug in me so just went through the house and cleaned. So happy I did … it looks great and feels great.

Eating brunch now and then will shower. Will do a basement workout this afternoon unless it clears up.

Talk soon!