JUNE 2014 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Excuse my French but for ****s sake, this cycling lark is a laugh, just had another bike written off. I was waiting for the cars coming round a roundabout and Mrs 4x4 didn't see me (her foolish words) and shunted me from behind. Battered, bruised, cut and an ankle twice its normal size and growing. Will start flicking through the bike reviews for a new tourer.

What is really pissing me off is no Crazy300k ride this Saturday

My hubby rides much more than I do, and I worry about him getting creamed, too. He's had a few brushes, but nothing serious, thankfully. It stinks that you are down and out, but at least nothing is broken!! Heal quickly!!

BTW, we have the blinking lights on the back of our saddles. Although I was almost hit from behind once, I imagine it would have been a done deal if not for the flashing lights :)
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    2.3 miles - too many things on the to-do list to do the usual.

All this bike crash talk reminds me of when my brother got hit on his. Some guy was making a turn and plowed right into him. His bike was in pieces, the flashing light was missing so the police ended up giving my brother a ticket as well. He told them to go look in the ditch for it. Hope all you bikers stay safe!

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,340 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

The GREEN section is starting to look a little light again and the BLUE is taking over.....we must not let that happen!! Lace up, suit up and GET UP and MOVE SOME MORE!! :drinker:

6/19 - 10.2 stationary bike, 2.0 lunch walk, MTD 102.9

Dave
    MFm4m5.png
  • GalactusEmpire
    GalactusEmpire Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hiked 7 miles yesterday.

Total: 60/75
  • 319Sara
    319Sara Posts: 302 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Getting ready for a party here this evening; lots of running up and down the hallway and in and out onto the deck.
    Only SOME exercise was measurable. 4.87 miles mostly on the bike.
    June total = 77.17.
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    new total 56.84 miles
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    2 mile run and 3 mi bike ride w kids = hopefully almost in green! Plan to walk more later too

exercise.png
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Walked into town today, which takes me to 55.
    exercise.png
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    5.46 miles walked today

90.44 miles walked to date
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options
    Exercise total for

Thursday 6/19

(Exercise bike 30.33 miles & walk 1.25 miles)

**total 31.58 miles for today

***606.74 miles done and 343.26 miles to go... :happy:
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    5 miles run/walk

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Added another 36 miles. Up to 202 miles out of 400. Still not in the green but I'm getting better.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

The GREEN section is starting to look a little light again and the BLUE is taking over.....we must not let that happen!! Lace up, suit up and GET UP and MOVE SOME MORE!! :drinker:

6/19 - 10.2 stationary bike, 2.0 lunch walk, MTD 102.9

Dave
    MFm4m5.png

You're such a slave driver. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Thanks for the friendly pushes from time to time. Thanks again for keeping up on the spread sheets as well. We don't say it enough, but thank you very much! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Taking a break and going camping Saturday. Will be back on the group next Thursday.
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    3 more walking. That's gotta be green now!

exercise.png
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    Finally got rid of my 'kiddie pedals' and put clip in pedals on my bike today. Got me some neat shoes too. Never used them before, so spent most of the time in my living room, clipping in and out. Gonna hit the streets tomorrow!

06/15 - 1.5 miles walking
    06/16 - 2.0 miles walking
    06/17 - 13.0 miles biking
    06/17 - 1.0 miles walking
    06/18 - 13.5 miles biking
    06/19 - 1.5 miles walking

Total: 155.0 miles

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Finally got rid of my 'kiddie pedals' and put clip in pedals on my bike today. Got me some neat shoes too. Never used them before, so spent most of the time in my living room, clipping in and out. Gonna hit the streets tomorrow!

06/15 - 1.5 miles walking
    06/16 - 2.0 miles walking
    06/17 - 13.0 miles biking
    06/17 - 1.0 miles walking
    06/18 - 13.5 miles biking
    06/19 - 1.5 miles walking

Total: 155.0 miles

exercise.png

Very nice. You're going to like them once you get used to them. :smile: :smile:
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    4 miles running and 1/2 mile walking in today.

June total miles - 33 out of 100

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,340 Member
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

DEAN - That's my job!!!! *insert realistic whip-cracking noise here* :bigsmile: I'm trying to set a good example and do my part too though...I biked 10.2 miles before work, walked 2 over lunch and did another 6.2 miles on the bike after dinner. :smile:

SCARFE9991 - Yup! You are firmly in the GREEN now! :drinker:

ANACONDA469 - I bet you're going to like them. I know I love mine. I've had cages/straps for many years so I'm used to that sort of thing, but I didn't realize just how much better clips are than cages! They're SO smooth! And unlike cages, there's no slack or play in them where you lose some of your power every time your foot transitions from pushing to pulling and back to pushing again. The snugness and firmness of the shoes make it such a fluid motion!! My only word of advice is this....consciously get in the habit of unclipping the foot you usually plant on the ground about 10-15 seconds *before* you come to a complete stop. Don't wait to do it as you're stopping...that will be too late. :smile: Also until you really get accustomed to them, adjust them so it doesn't take very much effort to twist out of them. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Dave
This discussion has been closed.