June workout check in: June-o you want to deadlift

Options

Replies

• cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    @jstout - LMAO! I'm pretty sure that's what I told my DH on Sunday.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    With all the hangover and going to the gym talk this made me crack up....

image.png

and if anyone is offended by the meme, please let me know and I'll gladly remove it.
    LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Haha, it really seems like it was hangover weekend. I feel outta the loop now!

3rd day of working out in a row. Deload my @$$ >_< It just happened this way though. Ran 13x 1 min fast 1 min slow intervals this AM, then went on about my business, called the car window place and they could fit me in at 1 so I had a protein shake and a toast, then spent the 2 hours of wait time at the gym, hitting this lil badboy:

4 rounds of 5 of each
    - deadlift
    - power clean
    - front squat
    - ohp
    - back squat
    - good morning

the first 2 I did at 65 lbs but had to push press my way out of it. My legs were also refusing to really give me much on the squats. I dropped to 55lbs for the last 2 rounds

Then did 3x5 of ~70lbs assisted pull-ups

3 sets of submax recline rows superset with 30s side planks on either side

3 sets of submax hand release push-ups superset with 15 hollow rocks.

Finished with 5:30 of low intensity recumbent bike to get some more bloodflow in my legs and some foam rolling because ow.

Didn't sound that bad on paper, but my hamstrings were super sore even before my run this AM. Tomorrow is going to be a complete rest day, barring maybe 20 minutes of yoga/mobility O_o

And I kinda wanna go walk around the lake later since the weather is so nice. But it's a 45 minutes walk. About 3km. *blinks*

I deserve my 3.50$ store bought individual pizza! (~ 900 calories total methinks)
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    My hangover-workout was last Friday, does it count? :laugh: I only had ONE beer but I was on an empty stomach, it was a very strong craft beer and my beer intake has dropped since January so... boom! :laugh: (the workout was actually pretty good because beer = munchies = powerful carbs backloading)

OMG yes! I had a Russian stout on Friday night, just 22oz! And I was freaking toasted! I was like, nice, I'm a cheap date now. :p
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Has a sad because it's not a gif lol

I just sat here for a minute waiting for it to load... And it isn't even my first time in this thread, my brain is toast today apparently.

I did a 5k this afternoon and it started to rain around 2k in and then it hailed. The good news is I pr'ed it in just under 34 minutes.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    With all the hangover and going to the gym talk this made me crack up....

image.png

and if anyone is offended by the meme, please let me know and I'll gladly remove it.
    LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Love it...*saved it for later use*
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    My hangover-workout was last Friday, does it count? :laugh: I only had ONE beer but I was on an empty stomach, it was a very strong craft beer and my beer intake has dropped since January so... boom! :laugh: (the workout was actually pretty good because beer = munchies = powerful carbs backloading)

OMG yes! I had a Russian stout on Friday night, just 22oz! And I was freaking toasted! I was like, nice, I'm a cheap date now. :p

Those russian imperial stouts are like 1972918732176% abv. I just look at my bf's and I get drunk.

Today was squat day. "5" day of 531
    45x5, 95x5, 135x5. 165x5. 190x5, 220x5, 250x7

Front squat
    135 3x10

Hip thrusts
    65 3x8 Had to use one of the preloaded barbells for this and it was a pain. Ugh.

Back extensions
    25# plate 3x10

Ab wheel
    3x8
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Workout A for me

Squats: warm up, 5x5@90
    BP: 5x5@50
    BR: 3x5@55 (didn't feel quite right today)

.....backs out of hangover talk because I don't drink lol
  • Katterin227
    Katterin227 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    First workout of June! Workout B for me.

Squats: warmup 1x5 with the bar, 5x5 @ 65 pounds.
    OHP: warmup 1x5 with the bar, 5x5 @ 55 pounds. Completed this weight after a fail last time. My fractional plates arrived today, so I'll be stepping up by 2.5 pounds each time instead of 5 after this.
    Deadlift: warmup 1x5 @ 95 pounds, 1x5 @ 125 pounds. As with last time, an exhausting lift!
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Happy June! Today's workout: squat: 70# 5x5, OHP: 35# 5x5, even this was a struggle. I could feel my back arching. Ill be at this weight for a while. DL 95# 1x5. Plus some abs and assisted chin ups and dips. One great thing I noticed was that the empty bar I thought was so heavy to squat with now is a piece of cake.
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    To all - Hangovers for the win! lol

@willrun4bagels - Congrats on the engagement!!!

@jstout - Man I miss Harvey! What was he on... Celebrity Fit Club?

I apparently have multi-day hangovers because it seemed to spill over into yesterday so I just walked instead of doing anything taxing. I left my Fitbit on the charger for too long yesterday morning so I missed out on a couple thousand steps and a couple hundred calories burnt in my totals. Oh well. Still had more burned than consumed so I'm good. June is "Focus on Fat" month, so I'm probably going to be lifting lighter than usual. Just for the month and just to see what the effect will be.

This afternoon/evening's planned workout:
    Barbell Complex - 10 Rounds @ 55lbs
    5x Bi curls
    5x 1-leg straight DL’s
    5x Clean & OHP
    5x Squats
    5x Rows
    5x Alternating lunges
    5x Upright rows
    5x Overhead tricep extensions
    10x Wide pushups
    10x Side plank dips
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Katro - I think that pic was from Dexter. He would always walk up behind Dexter and yell something then say the MoFo bit....I'm not sure about celebrity fit club, never watched it.
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    @willrun congrats on the engagement!!

My workout was supposed to be squats last night, but instead I helped my roommate's sister and her husband move their 4 bedroom place into storage and a condo. It took 5 hours, and then they fed us copious amounts of ginger beef and chinese food afterwards. Yum yum!

On a good note, my nickname is now "muscles", courtesy of the husband, who was helping Tetris the furniture and boxes with me and couldn't believe how much I could lift on my own lol.
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Sunday was my first long bike ride 52 km in just over 2 hrs. Yesterday was with my trainer so just what he puts me through. I was able to flip a 250 pound tire more times then I thought possible. Today is supposed to be another bike ride but weather does not seem to be cooperating. Might just end up with an indoor bike ride and a yoga class.

Question, How do you know how heavy your bar is? I have been using 35 pds.
  • katro111
    Options
    Oops, I thought it was this guy:
    cfc_boot_camp_281x211.jpg

But you're right, now that I'm looking more closely at him, it is Doakes!
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Sunday was my first long bike ride 52 km in just over 2 hrs. Yesterday was with my trainer so just what he puts me through. I was able to flip a 250 pound tire more times then I thought possible. Today is supposed to be another bike ride but weather does not seem to be cooperating. Might just end up with an indoor bike ride and a yoga class.

Question, How do you know how heavy your bar is? I have been using 35 pds.

Great work on the tire flipping, and the bike ride, that's awesome!

There's a warning note in the squat rack at my women's only gym that says the bar is 45 pounds, that's how I knew! Apparently they've had issues before where the ladies assume it's lighter and then load too heavy of weights on it because they're used to the Body Pump bars, which are plastic and weigh next to nothing.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Hello hello!

@willrunforbagels, congratulations!

I don't drink either, so no hangovers here.

Sunday i went to the gym, squatted, then when I was warming up for bench I realized that I have strained my right pectorals!! o-O I have never done that before. So, I will need to rest them and get them healed up :explode: Hate injuries so much!
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    willrun- congrats on your engagement!!! Awesome!

Guess I was one of the few with no hangover this weekend. :drinker: <<< that's me with my coffee, lol! I just can't seem to fit booze into my calories now that I'm trying to lose the last couple pounds.

I'm on week 2 of my new Strong Curves program. It is rough doing so many exercises in one day after doing 5/3/1 which concentrates on one big lift per session! I am so hungry. :grumble: I'm still trying to figure out how much weight to lift per session with all the different lifts. I had to de-load quite a bit.

Glute Bridge: 3x20 115 lbs
    Barbell Row: 3x8 75 lbs
    Barbell Low Box Squat 3x5 115 lbs
    Incline Bench Press 3x8 80 lbs
    Deadlift 1x5 215 lbs (felt like a million!)
    Double Standing Hip Abduction 1x20
    Plank x60 sec.
    Side plank x60 sec.

If anyone has any genius methods for getting a loaded barbell onto your hips for the glute bridge or hip thrust, I'm all ears! It will be nice when I'm up to the big plates but for now it's extremely awkward.
  • katro111
    Options
    If anyone has any genius methods for getting a loaded barbell onto your hips for the glute bridge or hip thrust, I'm all ears! It will be nice when I'm up to the big plates but for now it's extremely awkward.

I wish I did have a better method - I'm sure I look ridiculous wriggling and sliding around to get the loaded bar on me!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

I "deadlift" the bar onto my lap, then slide down with a yoga mat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuEjyvfZuFk