June Chat

Options

Replies

• Claud1313
    Claud1313 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi Marian,

Glad your Mom is able to get out and about with you. How is her vision with all that swelling? It must be sad to see her like that, the good news is that the bruising will heal and the worst is over.

It's good fate that your MIL got the unit she wanted. Once the packing is done, you will hopefully get to enjoy the Summer.

We do have many members in this group now. It's epidemic. There's something to be said for us Young-Oldies. Cheers!

Enjoy you Friday evening.

Claudine
  • alexandriabenson
    alexandriabenson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone: I've been such a couch potato today and I need to get out and at least do a bit of gardening. I've been watching the 70th. anniversary of D-Day on the telly and the International one was longer than expected which resulted in the Canadian one being 2 hours late & I didn't want to go out in case I missed it. It was quite emotional. My uncle was in one of the Canadian regiments & was on Juno Beach, Normandy on D-Day. Fortunately he did not loose his life but sadly it seems he lost his way. :cry: I am the self appointed family historian and I am keenly interested in genealogy including family members who fought in the wars. Well I must go & try to accomplish something today because I am feeling guilty.:frown: Enjoy the weekend. :flowerforyou: Alex
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I found the D Day coverage here in the UK very moving..... and so great to hear the stories of the old Veterans .....so many still with us well nto their nineties and still with great memories and very articulate.......there is hope for us kids after all! :bigsmile:

Today and tomorrow is a 40's Weekend here in my town....last year it was wonderful...the weather was glorious...this morning I am sat in my conservatory with rain bouncing off the roof! The forecast is bad and I am so upset for all those involved with organising the weekend.....this afternoon there is/was supposed to be a fly past by a Hurricane Bomber while our Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band play the Bambusters music.....they are very famous over here....but at the moment I can't see that happening!

Fingers crossed for the rain to stop! :ohwell:

I will still be walking down to town...in the rain if necessary....for coffee and chat in my cafe.........oh well - it will do the garden good and I won't have to water the new plants....

Have a great day

Jean
  • bethann316
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I know the weigh in on this group is traditionally a Wednesday but since I re joined (again) I was curious to see what, if anything, I had lost. I weighed myself this morning and I'm DOWN 4.4 pounds. ???? I originally weighed at night, so I'm not sure how exact the weight loss is. But I will way again on Wednesday and go from that point forward. I guess exercise, watching your food intake and drinking water does work. Happy Saturday.
  • Claud1313
    Options
    Bethann,

Good for you. Nice job. You did everything right and it worked.

Jean, Hope the weather has cleared enough to partake in the festivities and share in the memories of those who battled for freedom.

Claudine
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    Happy Weekend everyone -
    I logged WAY too many hours of sitting yesterday - but at least I did the circuit training method: sitting in my car, at my desk, at meetings, at an audition, at lunch, and back in my car through the longest most annoying construction zones on the planet. In Montreal, there are two seasons -- winter and construction season. Driving is not for the impatient...

So today, I will make this sitting session brief! My daughter is off to a summer of full-time military work, so we are spending every minute together we can this weekend. She is part-time in the Canadian army communications regiment, but works full time all summers and for various periods during the year. She is hoping for a full-time crypto assignment for the next 3 years, but won't know about that until fall. In any case, we also found the D-Day programs and ceremonies moving and strangely beautiful, in spite of the horrors of the time.

New workout program begins Monday! I bought a new kettlebell, some superbands, and have my sandbag ready so that I can avoid the gym and do everything at home for the summer. I love hanging up the TRX outside on a tree and working outside, and I'll be solely responsible for the horse work this summer too. I know it looks like we're just up there sitting and letting the horse do all the work, but an hour of training on the beast is a great workout.

It is another beautiful day. Out !!

thanks to you all for being there :love:
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I am sooo excited! :love:
    We did get rain! YEA PTL We received 1.25"!

The other reason I am excited - I walked 1.5 miles just now. That is the furthest I have walked in a very long time! THANK YOU friends for giving me the encouragement to do this!! :bigsmile:

Onward and downward we go!!
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I am sooo excited! :love:
    We did get rain! YEA PTL We received 1.25"!

The other reason I am excited - I walked 1.5 miles just now. That is the furthest I have walked in a very long time! THANK YOU friends for giving me the encouragement to do this!! :bigsmile:

Onward and downward we go!!

Ifireworks3.gif

Way to Go Rebamae! I'm sure this is just the first of many, many more exercise records you will shatter.
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Well done Reba...... that is great! :flowerforyou:

It rained most of the day but didn't spoil our day too much......... I walked alot....15,000 steps but also ate too much ..... not too much damage I think. Our town was full of people dressed in 40's clothes, military uniforms, military vehicles, including a Spitfire plane, lots of music.......Brass Bands, jitterbugging/jiving, all the old songs, even air raid sirens........ the Hurricane bomber could not fly at the time the Band were playing which was a shame but it did a fly past later on which was wonderful! More of the same tomorrow with, hopefully, better weather.....the evening, by the way, was gloriously sunny!

Jean
  • bethann316
    Options
    Reba, good job on the walk.. You are doing so awesome and soon you will be walking 5 miles a day. I walk every day too but so far I haven't made it past 20-25 min which is a little over a mike. My goal is to go for 30 minutes air one time.
    Have a good weekend.
  • missyfit13
    missyfit13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. You are all doing so well, walking, horseback riding, everything. I have been doing heavy yard work. I must get back to my walking but it is hot and if I work in the yard early, it is too hot to walk later. If I walk early, I can't seem to make myself get into the yard when it is hot. I need to try to walk in the evening.

I wish I could kickstart this bod of mine. My scale is stuck! Have a good week.

Pat
  • bethann316
    Options
    Good morning friends,
    It is a rainy day here in Indianapolis, Indiana and I woke with a sinus headache. ???????? and not much motivation at the moment. But I will try to get my walk in sometime between the rain drops.
    Missyfit13: at least you are doing some kind of exercise....don't give up! You can do it!!!
    Have a good day everyone!
    Beth
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    We are headed for a 3 digit day. My exercise will be indoors today. Happy Sunday!!!!
  • Rebamae
    Options
    Good day to each of you!!

I want to share a NSV
    I have on a pair of 20W denim capris that I ordered last year (and were tight on me)
    Today I can pull them down without unbuttoning or unzipping. I guess I ought to do my measurements to see how many inches I have lost!!

Thank you for keeping me going onward and downward!
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    That's a great NSV Reba.....sometimes we just don't need the scales!:flowerforyou:

Jean
  • alexandriabenson
    alexandriabenson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Two thumbs up for you, Reba. That's the best measurement of all. Keep up the good work!!! Proud of you.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Reba: I love the story about the capris. It helps me so much to see how great you are doing. Give me motivation and hope. You've had some great walks and some big successes this week!

Beth: Weather was the same here in Columbus. I got a walk in early, not far from your daughter's at Highbanks Park.

Was a rainy day. My daughter and I picked up my granddaughters and took them to the mall to play on the indoor play area and then to lunch at Unos. (My son and dil had the realtor in to take photos so they can list their house.) I had a great Goat Cheese and Glazed Walnut Salad with low-fat Blueberry Pomegranite Vinigrette. After, we took the littlest home so she could nap and then took the 4 year old shopping. Bought her some badly needed PJs and two t-shirts and a pair of shorts. Finished with a milk shake which she never really even started except for the whipped cream. She is not a sweets lover at all. It sounds good to her, but in reality, she doesn't want it. I do the same thing. Every time I hit the grocery store, I think I'll look for something sweet and looking at it satisfies me. That is why I'm so surprised I like those Skinny Cow chocolates. I'm trying not to eat them. Don't want to start a new bad habit. Had just enough time to finish out my walks to log 3 miles and do my bike ride before gym closed.

I FINALLY broke the plateau. I not only got back to 187 after my gain last week, I saw 186 this a.m. Still not 185. That has been my next goal and I should have hit it by now. 185 knocks me below 35 BMI and excludes me from bariatric surgery. Also, 185 is reward time! 215 was a new haircut. 200 was a bathing suit. 185 I think will be a couple days in Ohio wine country.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I've shared this trick that I do on my newsfeed post a few months back, but I have many new friends from this group since and it might be helpful.

I eat out almost every meal. Although this idea will work whether you eat out or eat in. Afterall, we tend to eat the same things, over and over anyway, right?

After I log a meal, I go to the Quick Tools and save the meal. I name it first with the number of calories, then the name of the restaurant, then a brief description. So, the name might be "348 Bob Evans, Potato Crusted Flounder, Salad with ranch, Green beans." (I know that I always order salads with no croutons and no cheese and always the dressing on the side which I only eat half maximum). After a while I have list under meals that shows me what I can choose from depending on how many calories I want for the meal.

I go further, by copying them all and pasting into an excel spreadsheet that I then "cleanup" and sort so that the calories are in order from smallest to largest. I make this into a pdf and send it to myself so I can store on my smart phone (I update and send a new one periodically as I have more meals).

Now, I always have this handy when I'm out. If I have 450 calories left over to have for dinner, I can look at the list and see how many meals fall below 450. I then choose the meal that sounds good and go to that restaurant.

It will also work for meals that your make yourself. It really helps with planning. It takes a little effort, but in the end, it makes it easier because all I have to do is look for the meal under "My Meals" and log it.
  • Claud1313
    Options
    Wow, Charlie. That is a great idea.

Reba, Congratulations, that is a better reward than the scale could show.
  • Rebamae
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the warm congrats!!

Wow Charlie, that is a great idea. I certainly am going to do this - thanks for sharing.