Accountability

Options

Replies

• Elaicea73
    Elaicea73 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I know! You're so close! >.< And that's the thing... I never understood that there could be leeway.. I mean, I always knew calories in/calories out, how carbs react, protein's part... having a continually dieting mother, you get to learn things... but my mom was one of those steadfast people... NEVER cheated, always did a butt ton of workouts, no exceptions... She lost the weight in leaps and bounds but gained it back that way too :( So, even though I knew the way calories worked and the biological part, in my mind, one tiny slip up was unacceptable and moderate exercise that was adequate for weight loss for a person of my size and fairly sedentary lifestyle was unacceptable... you had to literally feel like you were going to die or it was insufficient... It's actually dawning on me more and more why I thought it was an impossible venture... I was raised to think "all or nothing"... My mom has some hellified willpower.. I... do not... Don't get me wrong... I love my mother and have made respect for her... If she could only learn to give herself some wiggle room, I know she'd do great :sad:

Oh, speaking of wiggle room... I had a slice of pizza tonight lol... My son's gf brought it home from work and I partook in the yumminess... I ate a slice and I logged for 2.. One slice of pizza hut pepperoni pizza has to be more than 250 calories, right?

Either way, Wiggle room! and I'm still under my calorie limit :bigsmile:

I want to make it into the over 50lbs lost group! :drinker:
  • shannonin
    shannonin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You will totally get there! You are doing all the right things and we have a great little group here for encouragement! I love keeping in touch with you ladies!
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh, I have not stopped in here for a while. but WOW ---look how great you all are doing!!!!
    I had a great deal of work related stress and did not have any time to get on here----
    And the stress---whoo! I had insomnia from it, lack of exercise motivation...bleh!

Today, and this week is going much better!
    I did go for a low carb week, and that has beein going fine.

My loss this week was nothing :-( I actually gained a pound.......but it might be due to monthly. Either way, not discouraged at all.

Upcoming challenges:
    Going to babysit my grandaughter on Saturday---its a 3 hour drive each way, and I am sure I will be eating out.
    Action plan---take snacks and make healthy choices----remember I am setting an example!
    My POOL is closing for a month for resurfacing! sad sad sad.
    Action plan----work with hubs to balance our schedules allowing me to go to classes at another (but more distant) Y. Maybe try getting up an hour earlier to swim a mile at 5 AM?

Goals this week, and next:
    Exercise 5 days out of 7
    track like a crazy person---haha, track everything
    try to not eat back calories from exercise
    Come back to these postings every few days

I love this group! Your postings are REAL and encouraging and supporting.

Hugs!! Alana
  • Elaicea73
    Elaicea73 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh no! Don't take the pool! >.< I was living vicariously through you, imagining splashing in the water and doing laps :sad:

Second... yay! getting to babysit your granddaughter! :bigsmile: I actually have a granddaughter on the way... not the best circumstances... unplanned, and the mother no longer wants to be with my son, and dislikes me, so... I'm pretty sure my opportunities for seeing the baby will be few and far between :cry: But... life usually works itself out so we will see :heart: Just chase her around all day, she'll help you work off the extra calories from eating out! lol

I like how you said, "work with hubs" as part of your action plan for the pool... It must be so nice having a supporting husband who will work with you :happy: he gets an electronic high-5!

Well, it looks like you're pretty much covered, missy! I foresee smooooth sailing :bigsmile: Also, I love your new picture! Your puppy is adorable and your face looks like it's slimming! *two thumbs up for flattering selfies* :drinker:
  • carrieann8
    carrieann8 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm a couple days late posting. My weigh in day is Wednesday and this time was HUGE. I went to the endocrinologist on June 16 and she said the ugly word "pre-diabetes". I was 350.1 that day. I did a HUGE change. I went Paleo. (Ask questions if you want) and started working outdoors on my yard. A month later on July 16, I went back to the endocrinologist. I have lost 13 pounds since my last visit a month ago!!!!! AND I have ALMOST lost the pre-diabetic label. My Glycohemoglobin was 5.7% and the range for pre-diabetic is 5.7-6.4. One more *$&% percentage point and I would have lost the pre-diabetic label in less than a month!
  • SugarFemme24
    SugarFemme24 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'd love to join in!
  • shannonin
    Options
    Welcome Sugarfemme!
  • vcdfw
    vcdfw Posts: 49
    Options
    Welcome Sugarfemme!

Carrieann that is most wonderful news! Don't let them label you girl! :-) I really like this group post, love reading all your responses, I agree with everything!

Hope everyone has an awesome night
    Virginia
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I hate that, when you decide to indulge in a treat and it's crappy. It feels like you just wasted all of the calories for nothing. It makes twenty times more disappointing when you are counting all of those calories and you didn't even enjoy it.
    Meadow, you are totally right, two pounds is two pounds and that is so wonderful that you met your goal! Congrats! I had Chinese last weekend and I was so looking forward to it, I loves me some Lo Mein and have been eating so light on the carbs that I was almost salivating thinking about it.

When my family and I got to the restaurant and ordered we each had one of the lunch specials and they come with an egg roll, soup and a fried chicken wing in addition the entrée. I got the Hot N Sour soup and it was good! Then my entrée came and the Lo Mein was over cooked and didn't have a lot of flavor. I could have eaten it but instead I said to myself, if I am not really enjoying this I shouldn't put it in my mouth... this is a cheat day for crying out loud and I don't want to waste the calories. So instead I ordered another cup of the soup and ate the egg roll with that. To my surprise, it wasn't that many calories at all (2 cups of soup was 350 calories and the egg roll was 200) and I was full and really enjoyed it!

I didn't send the food back or anything, family owned restaurant and they do lots of other things really well, but I'm really hoping that I get to find other gems like this where I can eat out, enjoy myself, enjoy the food and it be totally within my calorie range for a meal.

If any of you have any of you have any nuggets like that at other places you've eaten out at please share, I'd love to have a list :)
  • meadow_sage
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. Some people only talk about their accomplishments and even lie about what's going on with their struggles. That doesn't help anyone. If everyone makes it look so perfect and easy and you can't be so perfect and "good" all of the time, it makes you feel flawed and a failure. You only fail if you quit. In the past month, I have lost, gained, lost and gained but in the end I have kept off over six pounds in a month. That is an accomplishment. It's not the 13 that I lost in the beginning but it's six pounds that is not coming back.

I used to be that person that gave up, when things got tough or I had a relapse. Now, I brush it off and keep moving. I experience struggles and challenges with this all day, every freaking day, but I give in to temptation, I've even had mini binges...but in the end I keep moving forward. I refused to have a victim mentality anymore. I can do this and so can all of you.
    Meadow - I actually really enjoy seeing you flounder.. lol... ok, that sounds bad but let me explain! the reason I like seeing your trials and how you get through them is because you've lost 55lbs and, to me, it seems like an impossible feat! :flowerforyou: ... Besides the birth of my children, I've probably never lost more than a couple pounds here and there... I've only ever dieted once before and that was low carb and at the time I was married and he was absolutely not supportive of my goals so yeah... that went stellarly... :sad: So, seeing your day to day trials gives me hope... because you're still doing it... still losing... really doing the "lifestyle" thing... I'm sorry, but if I'm going to go eat out, I cannot foresee in my wildest dreams me ever abstaining and eating like a salad with no dressing or something like that... I need to see someone who's actually eating and successfully maneuvering through real life :drinker:

I have mad respect for all you guys :flowerforyou: ... I only knew about the difficulties of weightloss secondhand, for so long... Watching my mom lose the same 75 or so lbs (it felt like) 30 times... it was such a sad rollercoaster ride... The struggles, the sadness when the scale didn't move, the elation when she got closer to her goal, the despair and guilt and self loathing as she gained it back pound by pound... I promised myself I'd never do it... And it was an easy promise to keep to myself, lemme tell ya... lol... but I'm ready now... and seeing you guys succeeding without starving and without the strictest "no slip up" policies and doing it... Inspiration ladies! I want to see 50lbs lost on my ticker one day... that will be my first OMG goal, I think >.< A couple of you guys have already passed it and a couple are full speed ahead! :happy: I'm bringing up the rear, but I'm ok with that! I'll meet ya'll at the maintenance finish line! :bigsmile:

So.... :bigsmile:

My goals for last week were:

- Ride bike twice daily at least 20 min
    - Track everyday, everything
    - Stay positive about everything

No exercise yesterday besides hospital pacing but other than that, Accomplished! :D

This week's goals:

- Ride bike twice daily at least 30min
    - Track everyday, everything
    - Stay positive :flowerforyou:

Positive yardage, girls! Coaches are happy for even a half yard gain on the football field, and so am I!
    Here's to a great week :drinker:
  • meadow_sage
    Options
    I love the fact that one of your goals is to check into this forum!!! You are doing great. Trust me, none of will check in on time, all the time. Life happens. You know if you don't, I will be messaging you, after a while.
    oh my gosh, I have not stopped in here for a while. but WOW ---look how great you all are doing!!!!
    I had a great deal of work related stress and did not have any time to get on here----
    And the stress---whoo! I had insomnia from it, lack of exercise motivation...bleh!

Today, and this week is going much better!
    I did go for a low carb week, and that has beein going fine.

My loss this week was nothing :-( I actually gained a pound.......but it might be due to monthly. Either way, not discouraged at all.

Upcoming challenges:
    Going to babysit my grandaughter on Saturday---its a 3 hour drive each way, and I am sure I will be eating out.
    Action plan---take snacks and make healthy choices----remember I am setting an example!
    My POOL is closing for a month for resurfacing! sad sad sad.
    Action plan----work with hubs to balance our schedules allowing me to go to classes at another (but more distant) Y. Maybe try getting up an hour earlier to swim a mile at 5 AM?

Goals this week, and next:
    Exercise 5 days out of 7
    track like a crazy person---haha, track everything
    try to not eat back calories from exercise
    Come back to these postings every few days

I love this group! Your postings are REAL and encouraging and supporting.

Hugs!! Alana
  • meadow_sage
    Options
    I am checking in early because I know I will not be checking in again for a few days. I didn't have so much of a great week, not really bad but not stellar, either. I went to the doctors today and I got my first blood pressure reading in a very long time that was actually normal!!!! So, that was great. My blood sugar is also under control, now. So double yeah.

My struggles this week, have included eating fast food. High sodium days.....not meeting my goals. My daughter confessed to me that she binge eats, when no one is around. She is not overweight so, I thought maybe she exaggerated. Then this Saturday night, I witnessed her eat more than I could possibly eat.

My new goals....

1. Go to my first OA meeting on Thursday. Take my daughter to a meeting on Saturday.
    2. Go to sleep by 10:30 pm every night. ~ considering how early I get up, you would think this goal would be easier than what it is.
    3. Take all my meds and testing as I have been prescribed to.
    4. Log everything.

Good luck, girls!
  • bekitts
    bekitts Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Is it too late for me to join in here? As a new MFP user with a loooooooot to lose I am in awe reading everyone's progress in this thread. My first two weeks on MFP I've really just been focused on tracking without making many changes, so I'd like to pick some challenges for myself. And I'm always eager for sources of inspiration!
  • meadow_sage
    Options
    It's never too late. I think it's a great idea to track a bit without making changes for two reasons....you know what you should work on and many times when we have "bad" days....if look back...our bad days are better than our good days before we started and that is an accomplishment.
    WELCOME to the group!!! :flowerforyou:
    Hi everyone! Is it too late for me to join in here? As a new MFP user with a loooooooot to lose I am in awe reading everyone's progress in this thread. My first two weeks on MFP I've really just been focused on tracking without making many changes, so I'd like to pick some challenges for myself. And I'm always eager for sources of inspiration!
  • meadow_sage
    Options
    I went to bed at 10:30 and woke up at 5 and felt much better than usual.
    I am checking in early because I know I will not be checking in again for a few days. I didn't have so much of a great week, not really bad but not stellar, either. I went to the doctors today and I got my first blood pressure reading in a very long time that was actually normal!!!! So, that was great. My blood sugar is also under control, now. So double yeah.

My struggles this week, have included eating fast food. High sodium days.....not meeting my goals. My daughter confessed to me that she binge eats, when no one is around. She is not overweight so, I thought maybe she exaggerated. Then this Saturday night, I witnessed her eat more than I could possibly eat.

My new goals....

1. Go to my first OA meeting on Thursday. Take my daughter to a meeting on Saturday.
    2. Go to sleep by 10:30 pm every night. ~ considering how early I get up, you would think this goal would be easier than what it is.
    3. Take all my meds and testing as I have been prescribed to.
    4. Log everything.

Good luck, girls!
  • shannonin
    Options
    Meadow_Sage great start this week. If I had to get up at 5 I'm pretty sure I wouldn't make it past about 8:30...but I don't have kids to keep me up. I had some sodium issues last week and went WAY over a few times but hoping to keep it in control this week.
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!
    This week was up and down---did OK tracking and staying on goal----a little splurgey on the weekend.
    For me, the daily schedule of my work week is great---I can plan ahead, I know what happens when, no surprises. When the weekend comes, it's like I have no control --or will power---or discipline. It is my constant struggle---but that is what i have to learn---how to handle any situation and not listen to the self talk"you deserve a treat" "you've been so good all week, a pizza wont hurt" "other people eat like this" ---you know what I mean?

I did not lose any weight. ugh.

Meadow Sage---good goals--fast food is the DEBBUL! When I feel a struggle with fast food, I do not drive ANYWHERE with money in the car---if I lock my purse in the trunk, that means I have to get out at McDonalds, get my money out of the trunk, then go through the drive through. that stopped me cold!
    Sleep---sigh. I get up at 5 am too. I am pretty good about getting the tv off at 10. Sleep does not always follow, though. Good for you!

Welcome to Bekits and SugarFemme

Shannon---this will be a great week!

Goals:
    Track and measure and weigh food, all of it.
    Stay active--swim and work out at home, do the weight lifting 3 times this week.
    Check into this thread 2 times.

That's all for now----you gurls have a great day!
    Alana
  • carrieann8
    Options
    Tomorrow is Wednesday and my weigh in day. So I made a challenge with my hubby. We made a bet over the next two weeks to who can lose the most weight. Loser cooks whatever the other wants for dinner! :) I love this idea of a challenge with him because it will keep both of us on track through my PD week when lots of people go out to lunch and I'm packing AND through our vacation. :) Now the next step is to decide what he will cook me!!
  • shannonin
    Options
    So I hit a new low weight this morning, 290.4, down about a pound from last week. I managed to go up 8 and then back down 9 within the last week so I'm still negative. I'm still not sure if preggers or not, I'm starting to think it may just be the worst case of PMS ever which would explain the 8lb gain in 2 days that disappeared 3 days later (and hopefully will take another pound or two with it). Gonna take a pregnancy test Saturday to figure it out.

My goal for this week:

Get back into exercising. I've been slacking since I've been feeling exhausted and nauseated, I want to get at least 3 days in by next Wednesday.

Stay under my calorie goal and keep and eye on sodium and sugar.

Eat more veggies! (I'm terrible at this one)
  • carrieann8
    Options
    I am proud and amazed to say I lost 6.6 pounds this week.
    Goals for the week:
    Lose more weight than my husband ! :)
    Pack lunch every day for my whole week of Professional Development (PD) while some friends go out to lunch
    Eat breakfast in the morning before I leave - difficult because I hate waking up early!
    NO cheating with the chocolate that is always available - can't eat just one.
    Work outside at least 2-3 days after PD!
    Save money for vacation!!!