Daily check in

Options

Replies

• ashleydawndill
    ashleydawndill Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Kiwi-- I'm stressing over the same thing regarding other people's cooking right now.. Going to dinner later and I never know how to accurately log their food. I can't exactly pull out a scale and measuring cup and start measuring their food... :P

A bit frustrated today. My body seems determined to fight me lately. I WAS down to 138 (ten short of my goal!), but lately I've been inching back up to 141-142. UGH. I eat really well during the week (weekends are another matter... going to work on that), and I work out 5 days a week. Raised my calories, so I'll see how that goes. Just feeling cranky about it today, haha.
  • Bettyboag
    Bettyboag Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It feels funny reading 'good morning' when I'm in bed getting ready to sleep!
    Gen and Asley stay strong you can do it!!! Have a great day ladies :happy:
  • KiwipowaRoo
    KiwipowaRoo Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Where is everyone based? Just came back from the gym, did pump and a but of a run.

@ashley How long ago were you at 138? are you measuring EVERYTHING? Are you going massively over in the weekends?

@coady you're making me want to join your running! (although I only run on the treadmill #easymode)

@Gen Yum cookies!!!!!!!!! At least you have kids and a hubby who eats them... Normally they eat two and I get stuck with 10-30 all to myself... :(

@Bettyboag I do pump like 3 times a week atm :D Love it. Love combat too, but its not at baby friendly times :(
  • CoadyMarie
    CoadyMarie Posts: 165
    Options
    Sounds like everyone's doing pretty well!

I'm in Ontario, Canada
    Been feeling stressed though, as my husband made dinner and never measures properly. Im totally stressing that it's way higher cals than Im logging....

That is tough. I know how you feel - I moved back in with my parents about 6 months ago and my dad drives me crazy because he really underestimates amounts and always puts loads of oil etc. in. He's working in the city now so I get to do my own cooking 5 days a week (I actually love to cook) and suddenly meeting goal is a lot easier...

Exercise: lifting
    Logged everything: yes
    Met goal: slightly under

Hopefully the rain passes by morning, looking forward to (hopefully) repeat my running success :)
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Options
    Exercise: Les mills pump, treadmill run,
    Logged everything: yes
    Met goal: I feel like I nibbled but tried to guess, so I'm a bit.. eh about it...
  • DanaW13
    DanaW13 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Great news Gen, glad the water weight is finally leaving! Hope it keeps coming down quickly :)

Ashley-I know estimating is hard! But it is still a lot better than just not thinking about it. Speaking of guessing calories I have been nibbling lately (same as you a Kiwi) and guessing the damage.

Yesterday I was over, but is sort of expected that with no exercise. It is a tough week cuz my babysitter is on vacation, so I won't be able to do a long run.

I am in Westchester county, NY, about 1.5 hours north of NYC.
  • ashleydawndill
    Options
    Kiwi-- my weekends are admittedly a little bad.. Pizza and poutine become the meals of the day, and exercise is.. limited.. heh. I suppose this could be a cause for some weight gain as well, despite the diet/exercise during the week, eh?

(Also, based in Canada. In case the "eh" didn't give it away!)

Did pretty well yesterday in terms of diet and exercise, did some strength training at the gym then went for dinner. Had a lot of pork and chicken, so protein was good, and ate some squash for veggies.. aaaand also a huge slice of chocolate/tofu(?) pie with a cookie crust...
  • Bettyboag
    Options
    I'm in Australia! It's definitely harder to estimate calories when you haven't prepared the meal.
    Kiwi shame about the combat classes being at the wrong time. I wonder if you can get les mills DVDs....
    Today under goal. Shoulder is hurting from work out. No pain no gain right? Eh? :laugh:
    It's great being part of a group that even though we are in different time zones we still commit to support each other :flowerforyou:
  • Gen2703
    Gen2703 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    @Coady oh we're neighbors!!!

I'm in Gatineau, Québec (Canada.. :) )

@Ashley. oh. POUTINE. you're defniitively in Québec too?? :bigsmile: It's probably exactly why you are stalling a bit. the weekends take over and since you're taking in more sodium that leads to water weight as well. I find that if my weekends are 80% good I do much better.

Lots of Canadians on here!! I'm sure I say "eh" all the time too hahaha

Australia and New Zealand, I am so jealous.

Worked out today and already pre logged. Hopefully dinner will be ok though!! The boys didnt make any cookies yesterday. They'll probably make them tonight. Sigh!!!
  • CoadyMarie
    Options
    @Gen, up until six months ago I was in Ottawa! Sadly no longer thanks to uni loan repayment, but I'd love to move back someday :)

Tried to go for my run during a break in the rain this morning, but it started up again after about 5 minutes - the cold, soaking kind too, not the nice refreshing kind. It did motivate me to do some sprinting though (...towards home).
  • ashleydawndill
    Options
    Gen-- I live in Nova Scotia! But I'd go to Quebec just to eat some authentic poutine cuisine ;P Good point on the sodium though, I completely forgot how much is loaded into my poutines.. oops.

Coady-- Good job on running through that! I'm such a wimp in cold/wet weather.
  • Gen2703
    Gen2703 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    coady: when you move back let me know we can go for runs together!! I laughed at the sprinting back home :)
    ashley: i am SO happy to know that the rest of Canada has poutine too.. lol its so addictive. I haven't had one in forever though. I'm long overdue. There's a place next to my work that has the best one in town.. oh oh!!! Why did you talk about poutine ;) hee hee!!

Have a great weekend everyone, I am off tomorrow and then on the weekends I dont have much time to check in here but I'll be happy to read you on Monday am with my coffee :)
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Options
    Hahaha, the poutine gave it away :P I have a friend from Nova Scotia, and he made it for me years ago!

Did cardio this morning and some free weights. Had a niggly back, although I think it may be period related?! So decided not to do another pump or heavy squats/deadlifts. Going out for dinner tonight, uh oh...
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Options
    Having a treat day :P
  • CoadyMarie
    Options
    @Ashley, I hear Nova Scotia's beautiful - haven't managed to get out there yet but I'd love to!

@Gen, Definitely! I lived by the canal for nearly four years and I really regret not getting in to running while it was right there. Ah well. Also, poutine is the greatest!

@Kiwi, enjoy your treat day!

Good day again yesterday, even though I had to cut my run to about 5 minutes - ended up just at goal. Day off from work today so I'm making pie again... mmmmm.
  • DanaW13
    DanaW13 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what this poutine is. It's amazing that we are such an international group :)

Weekends can be tough, I agree Ahsley. I find it really helps if I take time to come up with realistic estimates when I am eating out or indulging and keep tracking. Even though you are guessing, it is so much better than not tracking, and you end up eating less than you would have.

Coady--sorry you got poured on, but I guess a little sprint is good :). I got caught too during a run the other day. My feet were squishing in my sneakers--not fun! Enjoy your pie!

Kiwi--hope you picked good treats and made it worthwhile :)

I was pretty much at goal yesterday I think, but I did some nibbling and guessing. I have to cut that before it gets out of control...
  • Bettyboag
    Options
    Did someone mention treat?i too have no idea what pouting is....
    Today rest day as I went to the Drs and now need to rest up. Still calories in check.
    Great work CoadyMarie and Dana :smile:
  • ashleydawndill
    Options
    Betty & Gen-- Poutine is amazing. It's fries, covered in gravy and cheese. Essentially it's a heart attack in a bowl... :P But I'll die happy.

Coady-- Nova Scotia is gorgeous. Lots of green hills and water.. Called "New Scotland" for a reason! :) Our economy is kind of having a rough time though, so a lot of people are moving west for jobs that can actually allow people to live.. :(

Yesterday was good in terms of diet, though I had a couple of cinnamon rolls for a treat. Still under calories though! I was feeling a bit burnt out from spending every day at the gym, so I took last night off. Back to the gym today though! Going to get a detailed weighing done today.. weight, body fat, muscle, the whole shebang. I'll let you know how that goes. I'm kind of nervous.. lol.

I've decreased my sodium intake, and so far I'm starting to notice I'm a little less bloaty! Yay!
    I may or may not be checking in over the weekend, since I'll be out and about. I'll do my best, though! Wish me luck on avoiding poutine... heh.

That was a long ramble. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Options
    I really want to do my body fat %! Really need to find a trainer to do it properly for me.

Up in weight, but I hear that's normal for a few weeks after you up your cals, so going to stick with it :(
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Options
    This is going to be one of "those" weekends... Expect weight gain....