Daily check in

Options

Replies

• Bettyboag
    Bettyboag Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Well done Dana and CoadyMarie :happy: or should I say fellow shorties :laugh:
  • Gen2703
    Gen2703 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm the tall-ish person around! 165cm which is not that tall, 5'5. :)

Kiwi: awesome that you reached goal!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!! *happy dance!!!*

Yesterday was good! I walked a lot at lunch with a friend, then at home I did some gardening (damn weeds in my flower beds!!!)

As for my back it's a new thing. I think it just needs rest. If it's still not ok in another couple of weeks then yes I will have it checked out!!

Have a great day :)
  • CoadyMarie
    CoadyMarie Posts: 165
    Options
    @Kiwi, I must have missed reading about your goal earlier - congratulations!!

Good day for me today... didn't really feel like doing heavy lifting after work but I did anyway, and as always after my first set got super into it. Also I'm enjoying being able to cook for myself once again - managed to sneak in a few cookies and a glass of wine (..or two) without going over. Not that I don't love my dad's cooking, but it's a lot more traditional meat-and-potatoes than what I make for myself, and takes up a lot more space in my diary.
  • KiwipowaRoo
    KiwipowaRoo Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies! still got a long way to go with fat loss, but Im pretty happy :)
    @Dana I eat 1850 atm, but Im Bfing a toddler. I almost never eat under 2k. 2000-2500 is normal for me!!! I guess breast feeding atm burns about 250cals or something. My BMR is 1450 so even without exercise my body wouldn't be getting enough nutrients to run at 1280 :( plus on BFing and I have to eat at least 1700 to keep my organs going and what not.

We're all so similar in weight/height!
    What's everyone's goals?

Today I went over, but my head is pounding, so $^Q$^^
  • DanaW13
    DanaW13 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone!

Kiwi, I think full time breastfeeding burns about 500 calories a day! When I was breastfeeding I ate 17-1800 I think, did not work out much and lost weight. How did you calculate your bmr, and is 1450 to maintain or lose?

Yesterday was a good day, stayed in goal and went for a jog with a jogging stroller :)
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Oh, and my goal is 115-120 pounds, which is 52-54.5 kg
  • Gen2703
    Options
    CoadyMarie: yay for heavy lifting!! Good job on going even though you didnt really want to.

My goal for now is 140 (147.2 this morning), though I think I will try to shoot for 135, then do a body recomp for a year or 2 (bulk/cut cycles). I got my work cut out for me!!! Keep lifting heavy and eating lots of good food. Yay!
  • CoadyMarie
    Options
    My goal was to get to 120 - lose the 10 lbs I put on in uni and then the 5 extra pounds I've always carried. I'm not so sure anymore - I still want to lose fat but also get sexy muscles, which I know probably means that I won't see the number on the scale drop so much.

In general though, my goals are to get control over my eating habits (actually doing very well with this - I have always gone overboard on sweets and alcohol but not so much anymore) and get in the habit of daily exercise (I was always the unfit kid who got picked last in gym class)

So I've finally gotten enough data from Fitbit to calculate my TDEE; it's around 2000, which would definitely explain why I was always hungry and falling off the wagon before - most online calculators were giving me somewhere between 1700-1800, so I was trying to eat 1450 per day :noway: Now I just have to decide whether to start experimenting with eating TDEE -% or just keep going with eating back exercise calories. On the one hand a single goal would be easier, but I also like the motivation of earning my food. Going to think on this one.
  • Bettyboag
    Options
    My goal is 55 kg,s. Last year I got to 52kg's but could not maintain. I feel 55 is achievable and sustainable.
    Good luck everyone on your goals!
    After eating too much dinner- delicious roast chicken I did my day 5 of jillian Michael's ripped in 30 and then danced my tosh (is that how you spell it? :laugh: ) for about 40 minutes. Loved the me time and the music- great way to burn calories!!!
    With the exercise I'm under but time will tell.
    Kiwi I hope your head is feeling better :flowerforyou:
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Options
    This is an easy tool to use, BMR is what your body needs to run itself at a basic level, and TDEE is what it actually burns: http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
    You want to be between them.

I don't log 500 because she's a toddler and eats food as well :D I logged 3-500 when she was younger. Yeah, not sure really what my final goal is going to be, it's so hard to say when you take muscle into account... I want my stomach to flatten, but I don't want to lose more off my torso, as it's skinny :'(
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Options
    Took it easy at the gym today, feel great, but my chest is still ****ty and I still don't have my voice back!
  • CoadyMarie
    Options
    I did it! 5 minutes straight running. I feel like with another week I can definitely get through all four intervals (3,5,3,5) - I did the first 3 and then needed breaks on the last one. Very proud of myself.

Also I just checked my calories after coming home from work and I have an extra 320 or so - I'm not going to be hungry after dinner so I think I'll bank them for the weekend... I think I'll make pie :)
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Options
    WOOO!!! omg, once you know you can do something, it's so much easier imo! Plus like you say, 5mins is a huge hurdle to get past. Like a massive fitness level boost.

300cals to go so I'm having chocolate cake and ice cream, lol le lol lol!
  • Bettyboag
    Options
    Well done CoadyMarie! I might try the running thing next.
    Yum chocolate cake and icecream :tongue:
    I went out for lunch today and had fish and chips will have to burn it off soon :laugh:
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Options
    I had home made fish and chips :) (and mushy peas!)
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Glad you are getting back to the gym Kiwi! Thanks for the link--it puts my BMR at 1273 and TDEE at 1860. I think this is pretty in line with what I am doing.

Great job with the running Coady! Are you going at an easy jog or running fast? I like to eat my exercise calories because some days I exercise a lot and others not at all. I like to eat more in the days I exercise. However, I have trouble staying in goal on the days I don't exercise, so that is a drawback...

So yesterday I baked banana bread. I love to lick the bowl when breaking, I decided to use a kitchen scale to figure out how much batter is actually left in the bowl, and wow it was like 1.5 slices of bread! So I did go 100 calories over yesterday, but at least I am aware now!
  • CoadyMarie
    Options
    Great job with the running Coady! Are you going at an easy jog or running fast? I like to eat my exercise calories because some days I exercise a lot and others not at all. I like to eat more in the days I exercise. However, I have trouble staying in goal on the days I don't exercise, so that is a drawback...

Oh, definitely an easy jog - I saw it mentioned on the C25K board to go at a pace where you can still breathe only through the nose, and that trick seems to be working.

I always eat my exercise calories too - if I didn't I'd be living on nothing! Actually I'm not sure I could force myself not to... when I see upwards of 50 in the green I start looking around for a treat. I have my Fitbit set to work on real time and only give me calories once I've earned them, so there's a bit of estimating involved if I know I'm going to be active but want to pre-log. I was 200 in the red when I left the house, but I must have been busier at work than I thought. I did have a cookie, but at 10 pm when I was eating dinner I just wasn't hungry enough to fill up, especially since I was just going to go to bed in a bit.
  • Gen2703
    Options
    You ladies are killing it!!!

Coady so awesome for the 5 minutes!! It's a great feeling right?

This weekend will be really hard. Tonight is my father-in-law's birthday so we are meeting them at the restaurant. Then tomorrow they are throwing a party for the July-August birthdays and they are making wings and fries!!!! it's going to be AWESOMELY good but oh damn the calories!!!!!!!! I will have a hard time calculating all that. I don't plan on staying under goal but I really wish to stick to around 2k per day. It's going to be really hard. I still have to eat during the day!!! lol

Have a great weekend everyone, I'll be back Monday to bug you all!! :)
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Options
    Exercise: Pump, Cardio
    Logged everything: Yep!
    Met goal: 10 under and had ice cream :)

Lost another cm off my hips, woo!
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Coady-- sounds like the fitbit is really useful. Maybe I'll think about trying something like that... I do a slow jog when I run too.

Gen--good luck with weekend festivities. It's so hard with parties!

Congrats on smaller hips Kiwi!

Good day yestday, I stayed in goal. It's been a pretty good week overall so hopefully I will have a good weigh in tomorrow.