Daily check in

Options

Replies

• KiwipowaRoo
    KiwipowaRoo Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Exactly Dana!! I used to just not have it around!

Today
    Exercise: walking, but seem to have hurt my back (new for me?)
    Logged everything: yes
    Met goal: Had people over, gone over, but not by much and I'm ok with it for today! :P
  • CoadyMarie
    CoadyMarie Posts: 165
    Options
    Yesterday

Exercise: Stronglifts

Met goal: yes, sort of - technically over a bit, but that's still spillover from the weekend. Sigh. I really hate going over for just this reason - eating less to make up for it is so hard, but if I don't, I end up blowing my deficit for the week. Not to mention it's shark week and I just want all of the chocolate. All I could find yesterday were chocolate almonds, and kept eating them two by two until suddenly they accounted for 200 calories. At least they have protein in them? haha

Raining this morning, so I'm not running. Kind of disappointed because I was looking forward to a higher calorie limit today... we'll see how I feel after work tonight. So that's my limit for exercise enthusiasm - get up 20 minutes earlier? fine. Get wet? nope nope nope.
  • DanaW13
    DanaW13 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Over by 150 calories yesterday. Why? I decided to go for a glass of wine and stealing French fries off my kid. Bad timing too cuz weigh in is tomorrow and I have two parties this weekend. I have to avoid letting the parties ruin everything for me!

Good luck Coady! Have u ever ran in the rain? I actually like it. If it's raining so hard my feet will be squishing in my shoes that's a no, but a little rain can feel nice :)
  • Bettyboag
    Bettyboag Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Over today- a bit bad by not realising the hidden calories in dressings. Also naughty having a cider following hosting a 9year old ten pin bowling party with gem kids. I was feeling strong but when hubby buys a cider esp for you how can you say no? :noway: time will tell... I did say to hubby that I may not like him in the morning!
  • CoadyMarie
    Options
    @Dana I've heard it's nice and I was tempted to try... maybe next time :)

Did pretty well today - had a quarter's worth of Reese's pieces at work, but after dinner I was starving and I put the ice cream back at the last minute and had a banana instead.

Nervous for tomorrow's family reunion - our family parties always involve lots of food. Going to do today's run tomorrow and there will be swimming so I'll have a bit more to work with. I'm trying to pre-log everything I can (people generally bring the same things every year) and giving myself permission to go up to maintenance for a day, so hopefully it won't be a repeat of last weekend.
  • Bettyboag
    Options
    Hi Everyone :smile:
    I have been good today trying to make up for the extra calories I had yesterday. However my sodium was too high though. Hopefully the scales forgive me tomorrow. I am still strong with the no beer rule! I joined the Jillian Michaels ripped in 30 days group so will start exercising soon :sad:
    Hope everyone is doing well. Good luck CoadyMarie :smile:
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Options
    Gah, ate over yesterday, but I had a brunch date with some friends out of town.
    Today I ate back all my cals, which wasn't what I wanted, but oh well, still got goal!
  • CoadyMarie
    Options
    @ Bettyboag - awesome on keeping with the no beer. And have fun with your exercising :)
    @ Kiwi - good job getting back on track :)

So I did not do as well as I hoped yesterday. I tried to stretch out my run as long as possible (tacked on 30 mins walking at the end), ate lightly for breakfast and lunch, but I was still over goal by about 800 calories (so 550 over maintenance) - and that's estimated. I was hoping to burn some calories swimming but it thunderstormed all day.

It wasn't all bad though. I didn't massively overload my plate, just had one or two things that were higher cal than I thought (meatballs and stuffing, I'm looking at you). I managed to have a small serving of two desserts rather than all four, and only one and a half bottles of beer instead of drinking all night. So I don't feel too bad about how I did - at least I managed to restrain myself more than last weekend, and I'll take any improvement.
  • Bettyboag
    Options
    Well done CoadyMarie it's so hard to restrain at social gatherings!
    Today calories in check. A bit over in sugar but very hard to get macros perfect. Hubby has put a box of beer in the fridge-this will test my will power :frown:
  • CoadyMarie
    Options
    @Bettyboag Good luck today - it's hard when other people buy things you are trying to avoid. I'm living with my parents again and they always have beer and nibbles lying around tempting me, but it's not as if I can ask other people to give things up because I lack willpower.
  • Gen2703
    Gen2703 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

@Bettyboag good luck with the beer in the fridge. It is hard when its right there in your face but you can do it!!
    @CoadyMarie good job on the gathering really, it wasn't near as "bad" as it could have been!!

This weekend was good! I didnt work out but made some great choices and stayed pretty darn near my cal goal. Today I went to the gym, did Stronglifts and some assisted pull ups at the end, and so far the cals are in check I already planned my day. 7 cals under goal :) haha!

Have a great day everyone!
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Options
    @Gen, nice job! I really want to do pull ups, but they screw with my elbow :'(
    @CoadyMarie, Really, I think you did amazing! It's so hard at gatherings!!! Im such a social eater too, love making food for people, and eating and sharing! :P

Today is going well, 200g (1/3lb) from month goal weight. So hope I can do it by thursday!!! Slow goings....
  • CoadyMarie
    Options
    @Gen very cool on the pull-ups :) they are one of my goal exercises... someday
    @Kiwi You are so close! That's awesome!

Pretty good day for me today

Exercise: Stronglifts, took the dogs for an hour walk
    Met goal: Yep. Right back on the horse.
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Options
    Exercise: Walk, played at the park ;) and t25
    Logged Everything: yes
    Met goal: Yep, got a tiny credit too!
  • Gen2703
    Options
    Good job everyone!! :)

Yesterday's goals were in check yay!! Though the rest of the week will be exercise free, I screwed up my lower back yesterday in the gym.. So, taking it easy but staying within calories should be alright.

Have a good day everyone!!
  • Bettyboag
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Today went over in calories by half a potato :laugh: it was worth it! Hopefully though still see a loss.
    Hope you feel better soon Gen :flowerforyou:
  • CoadyMarie
    Options
    @Gen, yikes - hope you heal quickly
    @Betty, glad it was worth it :) I'm sure it won't hurt in the log run

Another good day for me. I was on my feet for about 10 hours so I had some extra calories - now I've mostly paid off my Sunday spillover :)

Exercise: C25k week 3 day 3
    logged everything: yes
    met goal: definitely
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Options
    Exercise: heavy lifts, cardio machines, and heaps of walking
    logged everything: yes
    met goal: 380 to spare, WTF?!?

My back also felt a bit niggly doing dead lifts! So didn't finish them :(
    Yum! Love potatoes, they're the most satisfying food too! Like, fill you up the most out of any food.
  • Gen2703
    Options
    Yeah, don't screw with feelings in your lower back!!

Thanks for the good wishes! It's already a ton better. just a bit tight and sore today.

Yesterday's goal of staying under was not reached but I was around 50 over (went to the restaurant with a friend so it's an accomplishment in itself that I didnt go more over lol!!)

Today, stay under or just about! And tomorrow am official weigh-in after 1 week at 1750. I think it's going to be good :)
  • Bettyboag
    Options
    The potato last night didn't cause any grief- same weight as yesterday! Today within calories, still no beer-hubby loving life drinking all the beer solo :drinker: and I was active this morning doing household chores. Looking forward to seeing what the scales tells me...
    @ kiwipowaRoo- 380 spare? Can you lend me some? :laugh:
    @CoadyMarie- great work! 10hours us a killer :yawn: