Daily check in

Options

Replies

• ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Felt like I ate too much yesterday, but net calories were good and I got a lot of exercise. And I managed to stick to 1 glass of wine at dinner :drinker:

So far so good today. Calories seem to be on track, and I have a 4-mile run and 4-mile walk planned for this evening.

It's only my first day, but I like the Fitbit so far. It's cool how you can see your sleep activity, and I barely notice it on my wrist. I'm having trouble getting it to register the stairs in my house, though, and I'm a little disappointed that i can't see how much I go up and down them in a day.

ETA: I got the Flex, and apparently it doesn't track floors climbed :grumble:
  • ekat120
    Options
    Had a great run and walk, but then too much wine with/after dinner pretty much obliterated my deficit. The good news is my shiny new Fitbit says I did over 20,000 steps today (including my run)!

I bought some Yoplait frozen Greek yogurt bars in Honey Caramel flavor. 90 Cals and full of yum!
  • CoadyMarie
    CoadyMarie Posts: 165
    Options
    Had a great run and walk, but then too much wine with/after dinner pretty much obliterated my deficit. The good news is my shiny new Fitbit says I did over 20,000 steps today (including my run)!

That's awesome! was that mostly from the run/walk or just being active throughout the day? I ask because I struggle to get even 10,000, even though I work on my feet.

Yesterday:
    Exercise: Couch to 5k Week 2 Day 2
    Logged everything: yes
    Met goal: yes.

Today's goal: eat some more vegetables. I usually eat pretty healthy and I know it's more about the deficit than what you eat, but I had a whole box of Kraft Dinner yesterday and now I feel kinda horrible
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options

I bought some Yoplait frozen Greek yogurt bars in Honey Caramel flavor. 90 Cals and full of yum!

Awesome job getting over 20,000 steps!
  • dancingj2
    Options
    7/8
    Exercised: Yes - treadmill and biking
    Logged everything: Yes
    Met Goal: No :( Just could not stop snacking and then had trouble getting to sleep so I needed milk and cookies...I will do better today.
  • ekat120
    Options
    Awesome job getting over 20,000 steps!

Thanks! I'm feeling it today!
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Good day today.

Exercise: Yes, didn't want to go to the gym, but forced myself and then was really pleased I had made the effort.
    Logging: Yes, everything.
    Calories: Yes, under goal.

The next two days will be tricky as I'm back in hotels for a couple of nights and lots of free, bread-heavy food on offer.
  • dancingj2
    Options
    7/9
    Exercised: Yes - Long bike ride
    Met Goal: Yes
  • CoadyMarie
    Options
    Forgot to actually update yesterday, but I did my exercise and met my goal. Today did a day trip to the city and walked 18.5 km - I'm estimating how many calories I ate because I was eating out with no nutritional info available, but even using the highest-calorie generic Chinese food in the database I'm under. So I'll take it :)
  • dancingj2
    Options
    7/10
    Exercised: No - I think I will claim yesterday as rest day - I did no exercise and only 2,522 steps
    Met Goal: No - but I was only over by 15 calories

CoadyMarie - Eating out is always a struggle at how many calories I have actually eaten. Taking a good guess is all we can do. Congrats on staying under!
  • ekat120
    Options
    Yesterday: Did a 3-mile run in the morning, walked to the store and back, walked around a street festival all evening (and to and from the car--15 mins each way!--3 times), then ran a 5k fun run. Fitbit says I took over 32,000 steps! It also says I burned over 3,000 Cals. Not sure about that.I've only had it for a few days, but its daily calorie estimates seem pretty high. Ate about 2100, so whether or not it's overestimating, I had at least a 400-500 Cal/deficit.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Work has been tough recently, but off for a week from today.

Yesterday
    Exercise: Yes, after a 13 hour work day I got home and walked the dog. That counts, right?
    Logging: Yes, everything.
    Calories: Yes, under goal.
  • dancingj2
    Options
    7/11
    Exercised: Yes - Shopping and walking my dog
    Met Goal: Yes - 9 calories to spare :)

logg1e - I know my dog things walking is exercise. She is def tired when we get back.

ekat120 - Awesome step count!
  • CoadyMarie
    Options
    Yesterday
    Exercise: missed my workout :(
    Logged everything: yes
    Met goal: sort of. Ate right at maintenance but I had a deficit of about 800 on Thursday.

Tonight I have a buck and doe that I'm going to try and stay in moderation at. It helps that I'm driving so I won't be drinking.
  • dancingj2
    Options

Tonight I have a buck and doe ....

Ummm .... I have no idea what that means.
  • ekat120
    Options
    Short workout yesterday and did okay on food until after dinner when husband decided he wanted beer and more beer. I went over considerably, but I don't think I ate enough the day before. I figure it was fuel for my 10-mile run this morning :) Going to try to lay off the food today to even things out a bit.
  • dancingj2
    Options
    7/11
    Exercised: Yes - Biking
    Met Goal: No - Went to a cookout and I lust could not stop eating :(
  • dancingj2
    Options
    I figure it was fuel for my 10-mile run this morning :) Going to try to lay off the food today to even things out a bit.

I am going for a long bike ride today. Hopefully todays exercise will make up for yesterdays extra calories for both of us.
  • ekat120
    Options
    Yesterday was good. Tons of activity (the 10-mile run plus a bunch of walking) and ate enough to feel satisfied, but didn't pig out. And weight is down today :drinker:

Today I'm planning a short bike ride with my hubby, a recovery jog with my dog, and some healthy grocery shopping.
  • dancingj2
    Options
    7/13
    Exercised: Yes - Biking
    Met Goal: Yes - I had a very long bike ride so it was easy to stay under:)