Daily check in

Options

Replies

• ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Went to a street festival and managed not to gorge on fried foods and desserts. I had a small cheeseburger and half a bowl of ice cream, which I think is pretty good in the grand scheme of things. Summer makes it so hard to diet!
  • CoadyMarie
    CoadyMarie Posts: 165
    Options
    Good job ladies!

I've been doing well on my food goals the last couple days... turns out I've been burning way more than I thought, which is awesome because I hate restricting.

@maicap22 good luck tomorrow..

@ekat120 yeah it's hard to resist when there's so many ice cream cones and beers on patios calling my name
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Nah. I did badly on food intake today. I really went over, as in super over my calorie limit. But to be honest, I don't feel too bad about it. I'm just gonna treat it as a cheat day today and start over tomorrow. Congrats to the others and good luck to all!
  • jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I went over to and I know I didn't account for everything. Today I am really going to watch it. I have less than 4 weeks to leave on my trip and I really want to be under 140. I know I need to keep moving and watch my munching and sweet.

We are going to be having some nice weather any day know so that will get me and the kids out of the house right now it has been so windy, you can't do anything outside. At least I have an elliptical. My issue really isn't exercise it is food quantity and quality. I almost asked my hubby to by chips thank goodness he was not in town as that is our rule no more chips. Now if I can just do the same with ice cream.
  • ekat120
    Options
    Had a bad week, but managed to come out at maintenance for the week. I'll tae it! Finally got my appetite back under control yesterday, and then last night my (not-very-consistent, thanks to PCOS) "friend" decided to show up unexpectedly. So I'm going to blame that as a contributing factor to my hunger the past few days :smile:

4 days until a short 3-day weekend trip where I'll be wearing a bathing suit. I'm going to focus on protein, ramp down carbs and alcohol a bit, and drink lots of water until then. I don't really expect to lose much more fat weight than usual, though I'll try to eat fewer calories on days my body doesn't seem to mind it too much. But I'm looking forward to getting rid of the overeating/TOM bloat.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Good day today, achieved my calorie and exercise goals.
  • ekat120
    Options
    Little appetite today, so I had a nice calorie deficit. Didn't use it as an excuse to go back for pizza like a normally would either. And ran even though it was raining :glasses:
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    6/30
    Exercised: Yes
    Logged everything: Yes
    Met Goal: No

It was just a crazy day yesterday I could not help snacking in the evening.
  • maicap22
    Options
    I was not able to do much cardio but I did lots of strength training so I think I still did pretty good.
  • logg1e
    Options
    Another good day today, achieved my calorie and exercise goal. I misread the packaging for a salad I bought tonight (didn't realise the calories were for half of the pack) however I didn't use that as an excuse to eat the whole thing.

A goal I have for tomorrow, weather permitting, is to walk 40 minutes across London to where I am working rather than get the bus or tube. I hope that writing it here will help me be accountable!
  • CoadyMarie
    Options
    Not a great weekend for me - lots of holiday weekend BBQs and bonfires and not a ton of motivation to work out. Actually June as a whole wasn't great; I ended up taking almost half the month off in total.

But! It's a new month, and my goal for July is to be consistent - to do my 3 running and 3 lifting workouts a week, and to control my intake at summer parties.

.... starting tomorrow. Right now I'm going to go stuff my face with beer and ketchup chips and watch some fireworks :drinker:
  • dancingj2
    Options
    7/1
    Met Goal: Yes

I still snacked in the evening but I had enough extra calories to cover it.

logg1e- Awesome goal! I hope you have a great walk to work!
  • ekat120
    Options
    Not a great weekend for me - lots of holiday weekend BBQs and bonfires and not a ton of motivation to work out. Actually June as a whole wasn't great; I ended up taking almost half the month off in total.

But! It's a new month, and my goal for July is to be consistent - to do my 3 running and 3 lifting workouts a week, and to control my intake at summer parties.

I'm right there with you on both counts! It seems like it's a lot harder now that I'm close to my goal because I'm pretty happy with how I look, so that aspect of my motivation is diminished. The past few days have been pretty good, though, and it feels good to know that I'm moving toward my goals again.
  • maicap22
    Options
    I almost went over my calories today. My exercise saved me lol. I've done both cardio and strength training so I feel pretty good.
  • hopeelizabeth11
    hopeelizabeth11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm a little late to the party but I'm Hope and I have about 10-11 lb to lose for my main goal

Did the early morning 20min treadmill intervals instead of staying in bed so WIN
    So far it looks like I'm going to come in close to my calorie goal
    Wednesdays are my 2 hr dance class so that's a guarantee :-) (there's some standing around it isn't 2 hrs straight lol)

Just came off of a wedding-filled June so I've been a bit off track until this week

Nice! @maicap22
  • logg1e
    Options
    I did it! I walked 40 minutes in to the City of Westminster and saw lots of lovely, secret little streets and mews in London.

And then I walked back at the end of the day. It was hard going in work shoes, so I'm not sure if I'll aim to do the same tomorrow.

Under calories goal and hit an "exercise" goal.
  • dancingj2
    Options
    I did it! I walked 40 minutes in to the City of Westminster and saw lots of lovely, secret little streets and mews in London.

And then I walked back at the end of the day. It was hard going in work shoes, so I'm not sure if I'll aim to do the same tomorrow.

Under calories goal and hit an "exercise" goal.

Sounds like a great commute :happy:

Maybe you can wear more conformable shoes and carry your work shoes in you bag or a back pack?
  • CoadyMarie
    Options
    @logg1e that's awesome! I'm jealous, London's a great city for walking in :)
    @dancingj2 I like your system, so copying

Exercise: 40 mins lifting
    Logged everything: yes
    Met goal: no (but under maintenance)

Yesterday I went wayyyy over (like, 1000+ calories) thanks to skipping my workout and Canada Day BBQ/bonfire. I have a bad habit of not logging binges (they don't happen often and usually aren't as bad as this one, but I have them more often than I would like) but I logged this one and seeing all those numbers written down really made me want to not do it again.
  • logg1e
    Options
    Well done for logging it Coady.

I was gutted last night to realise that I had mis-logged something, so I actually went over without knowing it. Instead of going over, I used up all of yesterday's calories (less 1) and carried the rest over today. Going to be a lean day. So, my plan is to do the walk again this morning, blisters or no blisters.
  • dancingj2
    Options
    7/2
    Met Goal: No

Had not planned on going out to dinner and went way over :(