Daily check in

Options

Replies

• CoadyMarie
    CoadyMarie Posts: 165
    Options
    I was gutted last night to realise that I had mis-logged something, so I actually went over without knowing it. Instead of going over, I used up all of yesterday's calories (less 1) and carried the rest over today. Going to be a lean day. So, my plan is to do the walk again this morning, blisters or no blisters.

Ugh, I hate that - especially if it's in the evening and there's no time/energy to do extra exercise. I recently moved back in with my parents and even if I try to find out what's cooking ahead of time I occasionally get a surprise at dinnertime.
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I went over yesterday, too, thanks to beer and bourbon :drinker: I feel gross enough today that I probably won't be doing that again for a while. On the plus side, I walked 7 miles! Today is light eating and my long run.
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I am taking in too much carb this week. I am trying different breads-- yeah my weakness. I don't want to restrict myself too much or else I might actually slip. I will try to avoid them next week. But for now, I am gonna indulge myself as long as I'm within my calorie limit. I am doing pretty well with my exercise though. My muscles is starting to build up with my 30 days fitness challenge. I really hope I can finish it this time ^^ I'm still on day 10.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Met my calorie goal (including 300 calories to make up for yesterday's mistake - I hope that doesn't annoy anyone).

Surpassed my exercise goal by walking to and from today's workplace.
  • CoadyMarie
    Options
    Met my calorie goal (including 300 calories to make up for yesterday's mistake - I hope that doesn't annoy anyone).

Hey, it's your body - whatever works for you! Nice job on the walking. I really wish I still lived in the city, because I love walking, but out here it would take me 4-5 hours just to get to work :ohwell:

Exercise: C25K Week 2 Day 1 (30 mins run/walk intervals)
    Logged everything: yes
    Met goal: yep. actually under by ~150 but I figure I'm just making up for Tuesday
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    7/3
    Exercised: Yes 50 minutes of biking
    Logged everything: Yes
    Met Goal: No

So close but did go over.
  • dancingj2
    Options

Hey, it's your body - whatever works for you!

I think finding what works for you is the key. There are so many diet plans and advice and it all seems to work for some one. I know I have some success when I do not worry as much about daily calorie goals and focus on my weekly calorie total.
  • itsjustmish
    itsjustmish Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've done pretty well this week; met my calorie goal and exercised every day! Today, I completed Ripped In 30, and I'll take my final measurements and weight tomorrow but last time I checked (2 weeks ago) I'd lost 2" from both my waist and hips and shed 5lbs since starting. As a 'well done' treat to myself, I went and bought a new pair of jeans earlier! :D

Just need to decide what my next exercise challenge will be! I think I'll probably start up with 6 Week 6 Pack (again) next week until I decide on something else. I'm currently watching a few auctions for Body Revolution on eBay so with a bit of luck I might be able to get it for a reasonable price!
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    My 30 day fitness challenge is getting more and more extreme. But I really want to continue because I'm already seeing muscle gain and some parts of my body are slightly getting toned. But I think my strength training is causing my weight fluctuations. It's ok though.
  • dancingj2
    Options
    7/4
    Exercised: Yes 25 minutes of biking before it started to rain
    Met Goal: Yes! 39 calories to spare:smile:
  • logg1e
    Options
    Exercised: as expected (i.e. no real exercise due to work commitments, but was definitely a more physical day than usual).
    Logging: yes, as good as possible.
    Calorie goal: no, as planned though.
  • dancingj2
    Options
    7/5
    Exercised: Yes over 70 minutes of biking
    Met Goal: Yes again - 2 days in a row!
  • logg1e
    Options
    Good day here.

Logged everything.
    Exercise goal hit (1 hour of weights, 1 Spin class).
    Hit calorie goal.
  • CoadyMarie
    Options
    Already slipping with posting every day.. but for the last couple days I've met my calorie goals and done some exercise on top of my retail-job walking, so at least I'm coming back in decent form :)

Neither my run today or lifting yesterday left me feeling like I killed it, but I'm just telling myself that at least I got up and did something. I've been a bit discouraged about my progress lately because I've gained a bit of what I really hope is water weight thanks to upping calories (until a week or so ago I was eating 1500/day, not eating back exercise cals, and now I'm eating whatever Fitbit tells me to which usually comes out in the 1700-1800 range before exercise is deducted). So I'm going to try and post every day again to keep motivated until my body stabilizes.
  • dancingj2
    Options
    7/6
    Exercised: Yes another long bike ride :)
    Met Goal: No :( Cook out and I just did not pay attention to what I was eating.
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Already slipping with posting every day.. but for the last couple days I've met my calorie goals and done some exercise on top of my retail-job walking, so at least I'm coming back in decent form :)

Neither my run today or lifting yesterday left me feeling like I killed it, but I'm just telling myself that at least I got up and did something. I've been a bit discouraged about my progress lately because I've gained a bit of what I really hope is water weight thanks to upping calories (until a week or so ago I was eating 1500/day, not eating back exercise cals, and now I'm eating whatever Fitbit tells me to which usually comes out in the 1700-1800 range before exercise is deducted). So I'm going to try and post every day again to keep motivated until my body stabilizes.

I'm sure it's just water weight! Give it another week or two and I bet it'll start to drop again.

I'm getting back on track after way too much junk food this weekend. It's so hard to eat right when I'm traveling with other people. I need to be able to plan what/when I'm going to eat. Instead I wait, get too hungry, then eat a bunch of junk. Oh well. I gained less weight (most of which I'm sure is water) than I thought I would, and I ran 8 miles this morning. I'll do some walking later. I also just got a Ftibit! Yay!
  • logg1e
    Options
    I have Fitbit envy. Do I need one?

Another good day.
    Exercise: tonnes and underestimated as I am away with work and don't have my HRM.
    Logging: as accurate as possible and erring on the side of caution whilst away from kitchen scales and food planning.
    Calories: under goal.
  • CoadyMarie
    Options
    I'm sure it's just water weight! Give it another week or two and I bet it'll start to drop again.

Yeah, I'm already back to just over a pound higher than I was the last time I weighed in before upping, it was just discouraging to suddenly shoot up 5 lbs and start spilling out of my jeans
    I have Fitbit envy. Do I need one?

I love mine, but honestly, I don't think gadgets are a necessity in any way. I got mine because I couldn't figure out a method that consistently worked to lose weight and I felt like I didn't have a good knowledge of my habits and activity level even after a couple years of tracking on and off. I find it a really useful tool so far, but YMMV, of course :smile:

Exercised: erm.. no.
    Logged everything: yes
    Met goal - over, but only slightly. I'll take it
  • dancingj2
    Options
    7/7
    Exercised: Yes - a walk
    Met Goal: No :( Out for dinner pushed me just over.

"I have Fitbit envy. Do I need one? "

I know for me a simple step counter has made a huge difference in keeping me moving. I am not sure I would want anything more complex. And I def do not want to spend that much money on something I might easily loose or damage.
  • logg1e
    Options
    I haven't had much luck with pedometers, although I know it's the kind of thing that would really appeal to me, they just don't seem that reliable.

Exercise - as much as I could squeeze in around work.
    Logging - everything.
    Calories - under goal.