Daily check in

Options

Replies

• KiwipowaRoo
    KiwipowaRoo Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My daughter goes to the early learning centre at my gym, LOVES IT :)
    starting to lose the weight, but omg, slow going...!
  • DanaW13
    DanaW13 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Slow going is better than nothing Kiwi! My weight loss is usually very slow too.

So this week I have been just a little over in general, which probably will translate to a small weight loss. Better than nothing, as I said, but I wish I could make it faster! And I have trick or treating and a Halloween party today. Danger!
  • DanaW13
    Options
    I weighed in at 127.4 this morning :). It's a decent loss (.8 pounds from last week) considering I ate a TON yesterday due to Halloween festivities. Candy and pumpkin muffins were yummy. I am sure the fact that I have been exercising every single day helped!
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Options
    Nomnomnom!
  • ashleydawndill
    ashleydawndill Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Nice job Dana, that's awesome!

No news here-- diet's been going relatively well, getting a pretty good routine going. Not really losing any weight though.. I already eat 1,200 calories a day, and my job is sedentary.. I can't go any lower in terms of calories, and I burn an average of 500 at the gym every day.. Not sure what to do about that.
  • CoadyMarie
    Options
    Quick check in just t actually post something for once. I feel like the whole last month or two have just been awful - not eating very well, skipping workouts, binging etc. I really want to get back into a good routine but every week I start out well, derail a bit halfway through, and instead of just getting back on the horse say "*kitten* it" and go to town.
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Ashley--are you eating just 1200 and not eating any exercise calories back? That seems very low. I use the number MFP gave me to lose a pound a week (1260) but I eat at least some of my exercise calories. Are you sure you are tracking everything? If I try to stay at 1200 I am too hungry, and I cheat. I find if I let myself have a little more, but am really strict with tracking, I do better.

I'm sorry you have had a rough month Coady. There are always going to be good months and bad ones--you CAN get back on the horse!

I was over yesterday. Getting lazy since my weight loss has gone well for a few weeks. I always do that--can't keep a good thing going. And this week being Halloween doesn't help. I was considering making some homemade candy, which would be fun, but not good for my diet...
  • ashleydawndill
    Options
    I generally eat at least half my exercise calories back, so on average I eat around 1,400 calories on days I work out. I measure everything (throughout the week) and plan my breakfasts and lunches. I measure/weigh my suppers some of the time, depending on what I eat (for example, my bf unexpectedly ordered some garlic fingers last night-- I had a couple pieces, but didn't know the nutritional info as it's from a local store). I'm trying to cut out those unexpected foods.. :P
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Ashley--those unexpected foods are what I have been struggling with too. That might be part of the problem, and in addition it sounds like you really have replaced some fat with muscle!

I was just a little over yesterday, and with almost no exercise that's pretty good. But I really need to save some calories before the weekend, and I am not doing that. Going out to dinner tonight with an old friend--not helpful, but it will be fun!
  • ashleydawndill
    Options
    Thanks Dana :) I have to keep reminding myself about the muscle-- hard to keep that in mind when you start staring at the scale :P Have fun at dinner!

Was over yesterday cause my bf's mom baked cupcakes... curses!! I managed to contain myself though and only eat one. Leg day today-- my favorite! Missed the gym yesterday cause I forgot my sneakers, otherwise that cupcake wouldn't have felt so bad ;P
  • CoadyMarie
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, Dana :smile:

Ashley - I feel you there. Every weekend I've come home from work to find a ton of baked goods lying around. I was not doing to badly until one day there was baklava and then all my self control vanished.

Did my workout today! I'm restarting Stronglifts with some things from Strong Curves tacked on at the end. Finally feel sore again (in a good way!). Also I changed my calories to maintenance to help me gradually get the eating under control again - going to stick with that for a week and then move back down.
  • ashleydawndill
    Options
    Yesterday I tried using a foam roller.. holy crap it HURTS! I've never felt a pain like that, but I'm told it's "good for your muscles".. :/ lol
  • DanaW13
    Options
    The past few days have been super busy, so I have missed checking in. We hosted a Halloween dinner party yesterday. Needless to say, I fell totally off the wagon. I weighed in at maintenance this morning, which was a huge relief. I wanted to get back on track today, but the leftover snacks are killing me. I need to re-focus!

Ashley--it's great that you stuck to one cupcake!

Coady--great plan to stick to maintenance for a time to get back on track. I always do it all or nothing, but I think I might use this idea at some point!
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Options
    Love foam rollers! I just ordered one too, pick it up on wednesday. I've been not logging for two weeks and I've put on weight. So Im back on it today. Unfortunately suddenly my daughter is scared of the daycare at the gym. So couldn't actually do my new weights program this morning!!! Not sure what it is, she talks well, but it's hard to get complicated answers :P (could be tigers, halloween, or because she was bitten a couple of weeks ago).

I've been having problems sleeping and having my pain come back. Might go to the doctor... Slept the last two nights alright, but I couldn't sleep for about 4 nights.

• DanaW13
    Options
    Kiwi--sorry about the daycare. They are so unpredictable-you can never count on anything with a toddler! And I hope your pain gets better. Is it back pain?

I didn't sleep well last night. I am actually looking to go back to work part time (after being a SAHM for 2.5 years), and I was tossing and turning thinking about an interview I have this week. Anyway, when I am sleep deprived I am hungry, so I went over today. I really don't want my job search to ruin my diet! I have to recover from Halloween before thanksgiving!
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Options
    Yesterday didn't go as planned as a friend gave my cupcakes, ffs...
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Cupcakes are a major weakness for me too!

Yesterday I was good; but I have not been sleeping good this week which makes everything harder. I have a birthday party and baby shower this weekend, so I need to conserve over the next few days!
  • ashleydawndill
    Options
    Past few days have been chaos. Weekend eating is my usual weekend eating, then I had a conference yesterday and Monday, which had unlimited food.. ate healthy foods (more or less), but a LOT of it. Then someone brought muffins and biscuits to work this morning, so I ate a little of that. Sigh.

BF went down by another percentage point on Friday, hopefully it hasn't gone back up by then end of the week. I haven't been to the gym since then either -_-
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Options
    It's so hard atm... :/
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Ashley--conferences really are the worst!

Bad week for me. I am 128 this morning, a .6 gain from last week. I had job interviews this week, and it was a very stressful, anxious, chaotic week. I really just fell off the wagon. I am still for an offer from my top choice, so things are still not settled, and I just want to eat when I am anxious. I have to just push it out of my mind and focus on the diet again. The start of holiday season is sort if right now for me, because my birthday is a week away, and that is just followed by thanksgiving, etc. So I want to make the most of this last week before things get really difficult!