Daily check in

Options

Replies

• CoadyMarie
    Options
    Congratulations Kiwi!

Dana - guessing is the worst :/

Ashley - new toys are awesome :smile:

Managed to keep on top of things today and went for a run in a break in the rain. This week has been up and down but hopefully I can get back on track next week. I seriously haven't had a solid week in ages. Luckily weight is holding steady and I'm not gaining at least.
  • DanaW13
    DanaW13 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I hit my lowest weight today, 128 lbs, since my son was born (2.5) years ago. My efforts this week seem to have paid off! That being said, I cheated a little yesterday, and will be eating at a family gathering today. I have a pattern of losing a couple pounds in one great week, and then falling off the wagon for weeks... So I want to stay on this horse, would love to be in the low 120s for my December trip to Miami!
  • KiwipowaRoo
    KiwipowaRoo Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    New plan: Weekends I only half log, as practice for going into maintenance. Mondays are weigh in day. I want to reach 58 this week. Currently Im 58.6 (129).

Nice, Dana!!! Cheating is fine every now and then :D

How's your running program going, Coady?
  • DanaW13
    Options
    I was way over yesterday, as predicted. But if I can do good the rest of the weeks I don't think it will be a problem.

Good plan Kiwi, you can do it!
  • CoadyMarie
    Options
    Dana - Congratulations! I'm the same - I need to get over the mindset that I'm over the hump and can take a break after a loss.

Kiwi - it's exciting that you're thinking about maintenance :) good luck!

The running program is going well - still working on getting the 22 minute run, but the last couple weeks I keep getting derailed by weather, holidays, getting called into work unexpectedly etc. so it's been hard to keep a linear progression going. I went and got some warm tights though so I'm still on it :)
  • ashleydawndill
    ashleydawndill Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving is over, and TOM is just beginning-- it's probably safe to say my weight will be up. -_-
    My weigh-in was semi-good on Friday. Down 2 lbs in fat, up 1 lb in muscle, and an extra lb in water lol. Sooo my weight hasn't changed, I'm wondering if maybe I'm just destined to stay around 140.. BAH.

Loving my HRM, it's proving to be very useful. Hope you all had a great weekend! :)
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Options
    Weight is going down slow this week, guess Im gearing up for TOM...
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Coady--that's great that you've got the right running gear! You can run in most weather conditions. That being said, I might join a gym this winter.

Hang in there Ashley, it's great that the fat is going down! The overall numbers should follow soon.

So far this week is pretty good, though I think I'm not being quite as strict as last week. I am going to try to get stricter today--I really need my progress to continue. I have been running 6 days a week, thanks to my daughter being in preschool and my son LOVING stroller time!
  • twinmom823
    twinmom823 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! New to the group~ I'll be 30 on Nov. 4th, am 5'4" 132 pounds with a goal to be 129 (or under!) by the beginning of the year. I'm in a few challenges through my gym and facebook groups to keep me accountable. My last measurement was 18.6% body fat, so I'd like to go lower, and possible get from a size 6 to a size 4. BTW I have 2 year old twins, I used to be 125 size 2, so I'm not being unrealistic, just taking it one day at a time. Feel free to add me!
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Options
    I have a two year old (well in 20days), I can't imagine having two of them! :) 129 is definitely not unattainable! I'm 5'3.5" and 128 as of this morning!
  • ashleydawndill
    Options
    Welcome to the group twinmom! Your goals are definitely attainable, you're doing really well already!

I have my anniversary AND birthday coming up this weekend, so I'm going to have to try to be good. I doubt there will be any difference in weight/composition by tomorrow thanks to TOM, but I have noticed my self-esteem is definitely doing better, which makes me happy! ^_^
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Welcome twinmom! You have your hands full--I have a two year old and four year old, and that's challenging enough :). I am 5'3', down to 128 from 133 when I joined this group. I want to reach 120. You can do it!

I am doing pretty good this week, but eating most of my exercise calories. I want to save some today!
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I am looking for friends of similar size than me. Looks like I am in the right place. Been on MFP for almost a year. Lost weight over the first six months, then I have been maintaining. I am busy, stressed, and an emotional eater. I lost the motivation and I don't want to deprive myself. I could stay the weight I am as I am not overweight, but do I like myself? No. So here I am. Everyone feel to add me - just write a line saying how you got hold of me!
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Noblank--I know how you feel! I am at a healthy weight but don't like how I look. I am also an emotional eater. What seems to work is when I direct my emotions towards being excited about weight loss, and then that can be more powerful than the emotions that make me want to eat! We can lose these last few pounds!

My weigh in was today and I maintained; but considering I lost 2.5 pounds the previous week that is ok. But I was a little lax this week--I need to be stricter and get those numbers lower for next weigh in! My birthday is mid November, and after that is thanksgiving and then Christmas. So it always seems my birthday is the beginning of the end for dieting. I want to make some progress before then.
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Options
    TOM, that is all.... ugh
  • ashleydawndill
    Options
    Was down a couple pounds to 138 on Friday! Yay! Also down a pound in fat, but also a pound of muscle.. Oops. Bought/prepped some food for meals this week and got new protein powder, so diet should be good too.

Binged yesterday for my bday, but that's an exception. :P Ate a LOT of cream puffs.. hehe. My workouts with my trainer have been going up in intensity (think burpees and crazy supersets) and I love it. Looking forward to seeing what I'll be doing today!
  • CoadyMarie
    Options
    Noblank - welcome! And I think you're among similar-minded people here :)

Ashley - nice work!

Kiwi - QFT.

I took last week off running because I was getting frustrated at being stuck. Now I want to go back two weeks and build up again but I woke up with awful cramps... bleh.
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Options
    up 2kg? wtf
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Kiwi--it's probably just water weight, especially with TOM. Give it a few days!

Great job getting the scale down Ashley, and Happy Birthday!

Coady-- when I started running I did this program http://www.runnersworld.com/getting-started/the-8-week-beginners-program?page=single. It eases you into it really well. I think there is also an app called "walk to 5k" or something like that that is basically the same program.

I've been just a little over each day this week. And it's raining today, so I don't think I will run (I like running in the rain, but my son hates the weather cover on the jogging stroller). I still have several days till weigh in so I need to get better so I can see some progress!
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Saved 100 calories yesterday:) It was raining so I couldn't run with my son (he hates weather covers) so for the first time I used the babysitting service at my workout center. I thought he'd protest but he was fine--it's good to know I have that option now!