Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    emmab0902 wrote: »
    Have just finished doing the insane method swimmers use to celebrate birthdays - 100m for each year of your life, which in my sorry case meant 45 x 100m.

Never before have I so desperately wanted to be 18 again!!!!!

Oh my gosh, Emma. I've never heard that before. Well, mine will be 48 this year, and I've only been swimming a year. Can I start with celebrating "swim birthdays?" :blush:
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    @emmab0902 - That made me chuckle. I think I'll have to go for 50s in November because I'm definitely not ready to more than double my current max distance.

Last night felt really terrible in the pool. I don't know if it was what I had for lunch (a full size sub) or what, but felt really logy and slow and inconsistent. Did a few sprints and ended up with 2100 yards in 53 minutes for a 2:24/100 pace and way too many rests. Only two other swimmers and it was full on dark when it was time to wrap up.
  • kallemann67
    kallemann67 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Heading to the lido to work on the basics. Going to spend the hour doing pencil drills, centre of buoyancy reconfiguring, and basic 'get that *kitten* up from dragging' - as I have this promise I made to myself that this winter I learn to slip through the water rather than plow.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    54 laps ~ 72 minutes. No fly, but 9 wall sprints.
    emmab0902 wrote: »
    Have just finished doing the insane method swimmers use to celebrate birthdays - 100m for each year of your life, which in my sorry case meant 45 x 100m.

Never before have I so desperately wanted to be 18 again!!!!!
    Congrats! I'll have to think about that one. My current lap swim is my age X 50, and that takes me 72 minutes. If I swim a 100 for my next birthday (55), I'll be in the water for almost 3 hours!

• emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    The worst part was I lost count and ended up probably doing 46! From this experience I have drawn the following conclusions:

1. I regret doing a 5km run and deadlifts yesterday then 20X100 kick.

2. I felt worse after this "21st" than I did after my real life one.

3. I wish I had been born on 29th of February.

4. I would like to punch whoever invented this "celebration" method.

• stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    2150m, 61 minutes, 28 sprint lengths (700m), mixed strokes ....having a bit of trouble staying motivated to swim everyday ...skipped yesterday for no good reason
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    2500SCM
    Masters

2X (200 free 100 back 100 br)

20X50 free pull on 55

4X100 as 20m sprint 60m steady 20m sprint
    (3 free 1 back)

8X25 max on 40

100 easy

Boring!!
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Only did 1000 this am. We've got a go-live at work and things are crazy. I may do my swimming after work for a couple of weeks so I can take my time and get my frustrations out.

Did throw in some sprints. I think the Long Slow Distance, while my preferred M.O. is just doing nothing for getting my swim speed up for longer distances.
  • rosebarnalice
    Options
    54 laps in 72 minutes early a.m., but BLEGH it was ugly.

Woke up really hungry, so had half a piece of toast and some PB2 about half an hour before I got to the pool and it did not sit well. So, no sprints, just slogged out the laps and was happy to get out of the pool.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    6000 this morning. Unfortunately a nature call busted me out before hitting lap 141. So I'll go back tonight after work to serve some penance. :D
  • rosebarnalice
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    6000 this morning. Unfortunately a nature call busted me out before hitting lap 141. So I'll go back tonight after work to serve some penance. :D
    I'm sure your poolmates appreciate that you busted out instead of peeing in the pool!

• fishgutzy
    Options
    I'm sure your poolmates appreciate that you busted out instead of peeing in the pool!
    I'd pee in the pool. That wasn't it :D
    Didn't want one of those pool clearing scenes out of Caddy Shack B)
  • rosebarnalice
    Options
    I'd pee in the pool. That wasn't it :D
    Didn't want one of those pool clearing scenes out of Caddy Shack B)
    T. M. I. :blush:

• 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Haha Fishgutzy! Swan yesterdat (forgot to post) and this morning. Same thing both days - kicks only, 500m front, 500m back, 500m side with a sprint lap to finish. Followed by a relaxing 200m aqua jog.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    AHH Water Sweet Sweet water. Can you tell that my pool just re-opened after the fall maintenance cycle.
    Did a very slow 50 minute mixture of Crawl, Breast and Back. Did not count just paddled around during the lunch hour. Arm's are a little sore now.
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    4 miles after work today instead of morning.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Well reading through all 19 posts since my last one has certainly cheered me up .... Thanks guys (belated happy birthday Emma!)

I did 1100m last night - pleased I even got in the pool, as a not feeling good day. Usually aim for a longer swim Thursday, but the pool was crowded (including a large and slow swimmer going up the centre of the one available lane to work around, hey ho) and so little to tempt me to stay in. Feeling much better for doing it today tho!

Jeepers the teenagers in the swim club go faaaaasst!!

• mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    You guys have been busy! Nice work, all.

I got back in the pool for the first time since last Wednesday. I had a bit of trouble with the part of my chest that is still bruised from the seat belt but as long as I was careful and went slowly, it was ok. I came prepared with kickboard and fins so swam 300, kicked 300 and then repeated that. Total of 1,200 yds. I figured that was a good distance not to overdo it.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Swam Tues/Thur so far this week, total of 5100 yards btw the two.
    Don't you hate it when you swim 500 yards and THEN realize you forgot to turn your swim watch on to count the laps?
    I use my friend's garmin swim and now Garmin Connect counts me as having that 500 less. I want to scream "no really, I did it!".
    D'oh.
  • rosebarnalice
    Options
    2700 yards ~ 72 minutes. Felt good!