Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    2200 yards in just over 50 minutes. Felt faster, but the watch doesn't lie. Three other swimmers in the pool and it's getting full dark toward the 7pm start time now!
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    2550SCM
    Masters

First swim after four days of ibuprofen and frozen peas
  • emmab0902
    Options
    2550SCM
    Masters

• 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Not so sore this morning so did 400m crawl, then 1km mixed kicks with fins, then another 400m crawl. I finally feel like I am getting better!
  • luv2eat2013
    luv2eat2013 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Not today but yesterday...oops forgot to log in my 6 laps ....WHOO HOO
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I swam. If you can call it that. I cannot seem to get my groove back. I got it back briefly, but lately, my bum is dragging on the bottom of the pool, my kick is so weak, I'm being passed by everyone, and I am taking on water like a leaky boat. I know that when my swims have been crappy before, the ONLY way through it is to quit swimming (not really up for that), or push through and try to get there more often, even though there is absolutely nothing motivating about another crappy swim. The long, rhythmic, streamlined swim has become short, choppy and exhausting.

However, in our water cardio class, we're doing lots of work with resistance training, and I stay pretty much in one place which means my core is bada$$ strong. Now, if I could just engage it when I'm horizontal in the water, I'd actually SWIM!!
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    2400 yards in 54 minutes at 2:16/100 pace, my fastest yet. I have a mental block that is keeping me from getting to the 2500 distance within the hour window I have for evening lap swim.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    1100 30:07
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    2 days ago was a drylander day, walked 4 miles on the treadmill
    Yesterday was a spontaneous rest day, I just could motivate to the gym.

2200 m in 62 minutes, mixed strokes, 28 sprint lengths (700m)
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Swimming is one of the few things I am allowed to do these days due to knee surgery. Today I was allowed to start kicking while I swim as well so it was proper swimming! Looking forward to more...
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options

Emma feel for you, I swam a mile two weeks ago and still hurt.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    1250 45 mins IM

(well, IM ish, my 'butterfly' was without wings...)

• gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Ps Curly yep sometimes it is just like that....I suppose at times you just have to concentrate on the determination to be fit or whatever, not the 'look at me, how well am I doing' / 'I feel like a flying fish today' feelings. And too many people posting right now are having to concentrate on letting their bodies heal. I am certainly going through a 'doing it for other reasons not coz I am liking it' phase.

Let's hope all our inner mermaids and mermen resurface soon...!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    I got another swim in today. It wasn't long, but I got Ms J's workout in. I realized that it's been a while since I swam laps consistently. When I got in to do the workout, I got about five strokes in and already I could tell it was going to be a better swim. I didn't have a real plan when I arrived, but decided that by doing Ms J's workout, it was helping me with all of the things I was struggling with, so I decided that even though I felt long and more rhythmic, I'd stick with the plan and keep up doing those sets on my back that I usually hate (because when you're not good at keeping your body flat, you get lots of water up your nose... but when you do those sets consistently, you learn better body positioning which makes those sets and swimming in general easier-duh!). So that's what I did. Kind of shorter than I had hoped, but dang, I'm getting better on my back (and on my tummy!!).

Thanks for the reminder, gently. I enjoy the feeling of the water enough that I don't usually have to work hard to get myself there. It's just hard to keep going when it's not going well.

Here's hoping that everybody working through an injury gets back to their usual selves. It's hard to be patient.
  • emmab0902
    Options
    1700SCM
    Masters

4X50 as 2 free 1 back 1 br

10X50 pull on 60

10X50 kick on 70

4X50 free max with fins on 2.00

8X25 mixed off blocks sprints

100 easy

Got shown how to do the "proper" ie split starts. Felt weird as had expected you'd pull back for for momentum but coach said you start with shoulders perpendicular to blocks. Interestingly my free 25s were all about 0.4s faster than with my usual old style starts (did some of each to compare.) Managed a 17.8 for 25 back.

• NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    1800 49:41
  • ishoulda
    ishoulda Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I do mostly crawl when I swim. On Friday, I did 44 lengths, including 2 kick board. The most I have done recently is 54 lengths. Doing 20 consecutive lengths last week was a recent personal best. Looking forward to bumping up the consecutive lengths and overall lengths.
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Back in the pool after a three day break. 400m crawl, 800m mixed kicks and drills (with fins), 10x40m sprints, 200m crawl down and then 200m slow breast stroke to finish off.
  • LauraRae2
    LauraRae2 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'll be down to 0 or 1 swims per week for a while. I have a show opening in 18 days so things are hectic.
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    ok Friday was a Personal Best, 2250m in 62 minutes, mixed strokes, 30 sprint lengths (750meters).

I went directly from the pool to a Men's Camping Weekend with my church, which is why I didn't post. Saturday I hung out in the woods with the fellas (and oddly enough we played card games and board games all day instead of woodsy stuff). but no 'exercise' other than just being a little cool and damp for the whole day.

Today I got my swim in before going home because I knew if I took a sunday afternoon nap-post camping trip I wouldn't get back out of the house. So 2150m in 61 minutes, mixed strokes, 28 sprint lengths.