Today: 1 mile @ 77 minutes
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    3600 yards @ 78 minutes
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Late afternoon workout. Crowded lanes and borderline too-hot temperature and two almost foot cramp.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    4 miles today. First 40 laps was able to maintain slightly faster than 1:50/100.
    Lungs felt good. Still a little residual coughing.
    But no weakness or feeling short of breath.
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    @fishgutzy - wow, what a nice come back from your bronchitis!

3600 yards @ 76 minutes. Good news is I am meeting people at the pool. Bad news is they want to talk... :)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    2700 yards in 72 minutes.
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I tried the proper lap swim, yesterday; after four laps, I went back to the free-swim area. Sooo intimidating. I have... (counts on fingers) ...seven more chances to try, before I start my new job...except I strained my shoulder trying to control a friend's crazy dog yesterday, and I'm not swimming today. :persevere: Out of sheer stubbornness, I shall spend the hour watching swim technique videos.
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    MightyLolo wrote: »
    I tried the proper lap swim, yesterday; after four laps, I went back to the free-swim area. Sooo intimidating. I have... (counts on fingers) ...seven more chances to try, before I start my new job...except I strained my shoulder trying to control a friend's crazy dog yesterday, and I'm not swimming today. :persevere: Out of sheer stubbornness, I shall spend the hour watching swim technique videos.

You can do it!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Triathlon swim Club.
    10 x 50m Kick Drills working on Technique. Instructor break on each 50.
    10 x 50m Pull, Pool Buoy. Instructor break on each 50.
    3 x 60 StrokeTimeDistance ( STD ) 1st at 60%, 2nd at 75%, 3rd All out effort.
    At 60-75% effort my distance/time ratio was pretty close to the same 65 - 72 meters @ 1:20
    All out effort 61m @ 1:10. Partial loss of distance was due to fatigue, faster pace = less glide = less distance. The fastest swimmer in our group had the Biggest reduction in distance from 89m to 77m, don't know what her time was.
    200m all out front crawl 4:32.
    Then we worked on Flip Turns. I just switched goggles as the manufacture change the style of my old goggles and the new style doesn't work for my flat face - fills up with water. The new goggles have smaller eyepieces which results in a smaller field of view. So when I go to do flip turns my visual cues are all wrong now so I am learning the Flip turns cues all over again. In one of my turns today I was late on the turn and my feet hit the wall above the water line, if I had pushed off it would have drove me right to the bottom of the pool. Another good workout.
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    @juliet3455 flip turns freak me out -- I was doing them a year ago but now I'm less interested than ever. Since I'm working toward an open water swim this summer, I don't worry about them. But I know I would get faster times... conflicted.

Tonight I thought I was going to break my PR on 1500 yds from last January but came up almost 30 seconds slow. 2500 yds in 56 minutes for the whole swim. Thinking that the biking is not helping the swimming. Frustrating, because I want to mix the two.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    2300m

400 warmup
    4x 100 back as 25 swim 25 drill
    4x 75 fly
    200 as alt back/fly
    200 free
    4x 100IM
    200 back
    200 breaststroke

Bit more fly than I would want but not a bad session. Turns are starting to be less painful so hopefully the back injury is on the mend.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I swam laps for 20 minutes last night while my son had his swimming lessons. This was at a pool closer to my house that I don't normally swim laps in, and thank goodness because it is just gross. There's so much stuff floating around....soooo much. And I can feel the chlorine even just walking in. They're both YMCA's , but do you think the difference is that the gross one has way more kid traffic than the one I normally use? It's a lot bigger and more kid friendly and has more aquatic classes (a lot more old people too) and they even had out a canoe yesterday in the deep end. What do your pools look like underwater? I'm still grossed out, lol.
  • juliet3455
    Options
    @MonkeyMel21 Usually the last and first item on the pool schedule is lane swim- so in the am the water is crystal clear after a night of filtration/chemical balancing. In the evening lane swim its not pretty especially following a public swim. If we go into the pool after the kids have been in it is definitely a MESS. Bandages, UFOs ( unidentified floating objects ), hair, goggles etc, etc . They usually bring out the pole net and catch all the UFO's. But the pool water is always murky for at least an hour.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    @MonkeyMel21 Usually the last and first item on the pool schedule is lane swim- so in the am the water is crystal clear after a night of filtration/chemical balancing. In the evening lane swim its not pretty especially following a public swim. If we go into the pool after the kids have been in it is definitely a MESS. Bandages, UFOs ( unidentified floating objects ), hair, goggles etc, etc . They usually bring out the pole net and catch all the UFO's. But the pool water is always murky for at least an hour.

I didn't even think about the time of day! You're right, I have been in that pool in the mornings before and don't remember being so grossed out. This pool is huge so there's often classes, open swim, and lap swim all at the same time, in the evenings add two to three groups of swim lessons too (they were the ones with the canoe last night plus my son's private swim lesson). I've never been in my normal pool after 7 am.
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    4 miles today.
    2000, 2000 front crawl
    500 kick board and fins
    500 hand pads and fins
    2050 front crawl
  • juliet3455
    Options
    Was in the water but I don't think it qualifies as a Swim.
    Just couldn't get in the groove and was a constant struggle, felt like I was always early or late on breathing and flip turns are still out of sync. Breast stroke was no better. Back was like a drunk trying to walk the line - all over the place. kick lengths were no better. Just one of those days. :/ Still managed to spend a full 90 minutes in the pool. Lost track of what my lengths are. Probably at least 60 ~ 1500m.
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    A bad day in the pool beats sitting on the couch!
    Didn't swim today. Rode to work and back instead. Trying to get ready for a big ride in late summer.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    C1200m - 45 minutes of catching up with The Archers omnibus...still struggling to get the ear pieces to stay nicely in place tho

Biked home back up the steep hill way today.. Mmmm, my legs were certainly tired!
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    4 miles.
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    3600 yards @ 78 minutes.

Is it just me or does cologne and perfume, any scent really, sink down to the pool surface and then seem to magnify? Today I was dying for a few minutes when someone walked in with way too much perfume, but the life guard could not smell it. Hmmmmm.