Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Did you swim today?

Replies

• aliciamariaq
    aliciamariaq Posts: 272 Member
    emmab0902 wrote: »
    @aliciamariaq don't think so - would get whipped lol. Got the World Masters here in April then have to speak at a conference in Frankfurt in September so will be broke! Would love to though!!

Haha! I doubt you would get whipped. I certainly would, but that is ok I would just go for the fun of it. And as my friend said, it's a goal to work towards. I still have to see qualifying times, I doubt I can even enter. But Montepulciano, you might, wanna come?

If you have extra time and it fits your budget, swing by Milan after your conference. You would love it! Love my adopted city!
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    @aliciamariaq I would so love to. Would love to also see Denmark and Poland as that's where the two sides of my maternal family come from. My father's side are English and all my half siblings are there - have only met them once in 2006. That's one reason why I had wanted to do the European Masters this year.
  • emmab0902
    Cruisey 3.3km solo swim today.

500 free
    500 kick
    500 back
    500 kick
    500 back/free
    400 kick
    400 back

Shoulder is not in a good way at all hence a lot of backstroke - it's the least painful stroke :cry:
  • emmab0902
    2600m with masters

200 warmup

200 free/150 br/100 back/50 fly

400 free

400 back

200 free negative split

3x 150 br

200IM

250 warmdown
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Just Lurking and reading. No water in our local pool as they are doing a major Tile replacement Program.
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Unplanned swim last Sunday -- I was riding a wave runner thing and flew off while going fairly fast. About a 75 yard swim back to the boat. The only smart thing I did that day was put on a PFD before starting out. Next time I swim in the Puget Sound, I'd prefer to have a wetsuit! And not go skipping across the water on entry. Sore enough to stay at home today but I think tomorrow might be a good day to try the pool.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    nuffer wrote: »
    Unplanned swim last Sunday -- I was riding a wave runner thing and flew off while going fairly fast. About a 75 yard swim back to the boat. The only smart thing I did that day was put on a PFD before starting out. Next time I swim in the Puget Sound, I'd prefer to have a wetsuit! And not go skipping across the water on entry. Sore enough to stay at home today but I think tomorrow might be a good day to try the pool.

Glad no serious damage. I had this image of you skimming over the surface like a skipping stone. Took me back to the days of learning to water ski...oh yeah...so much fun!!
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Lots of heavy yard work over the long weekend. No swimming. Took a recovery day today. Back in the pool tomorrow.
  • emmab0902
    2900m with masters

200 warmup

400 free
    400 kick
    400 back

4x 150 as
    50 free 50 fly 50 free
    50 free 50 back 50 free
    50 free 50 br 50 free
    150 free

2x 100 br

2x 300 pull

100 warmdown

Enjoyed this!
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Going through Chlorine withdrawal, and it is only Wed. Pool is not open until Saturday....
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    My first 2-miler of the semester! YAY! ~ 93 minutes

200 -- 4X 25 breast/25 back easy warmup
    2600 freestyle
    500 kickboard- 10 X 25 flutter/25 dolphin
    150 freestyle
    150 -- 3X 25 breast/25 back easy warmup
  • emmab0902
    Going through Chlorine withdrawal, and it is only Wed. Pool is not open until Saturday....

:cry:
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,281 Member
    @nuffer , BRRRR!!! We were up in the San Juans about a month ago and, well, BRRRR!!!!! I'm glad there was no serious injury to you. A good swim will stretch you out :) And good call on the PFD!!! (In Alaska, we call that a Permanent Fund Dividend, and it's almost the time of year that the checks turn up in the bank accounts)

Gutzy, good call on a rest day. You always provide an extra nudge when I need it, and a reminder about things like rest days.

Emma, yikes! Anything that has fly in it is waaay beyond me. Way to go. I hope it was painless :heart:

@Montepulciano , me too with the withdrawl. We can make it until Saturday! We can do it!!

I've been doing YAYOG (you are your own gym) and it's KILLING ME!!! I hope I can get out of bed tomorrow. My pool is in the middle of a 2-week shutdown for maintenance, so I'm running a little more, but I really wanted to try a structured body weight workout. If anyone is wondering, this is a good one.

~Curly
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    @Montepulciano Feeling your pain on Chlorine withdrawal. It will be the end of September before my local pools opens.
  • emmab0902
    edited September 2016
    @girlwithcurls2 what does that entail?

Unplanned rest day for me today.

The full thickness tear of my subscapularis has increased since the first MRI last April, the infraspinatus tear hasn't improved, and the bicep tendon continues to fray.

I really feel like chocolate.... :cry:
  • fishgutzy

I feel your pain. I had many month long China trips with no pool access. My mental health suffered greatly during those months.
  • fishgutzy
    4 miles yesterday.
    Just over 3 miles (5km) this AM.
    Going again after work with my son. He is finally starting to swim fit fitness of body and mind. He jokes that I say swimming is the cure for all that ails you.
    Maybe not all, but it sure does a lot more than just help tone muscles
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    1.5 miles 72 minutes--
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,281 Member
    emmab0902 wrote: »
    @girlwithcurls2 what does that entail?

Unplanned rest day for me today.

The full thickness tear of my subscapularis has increased since the first MRI last April, the infraspinatus tear hasn't improved, and the bicep tendon continues to fray.

I really feel like chocolate.... :cry:

Oh emma... I'm sorry to hear that :( Now what? Can you still work out with the team?

The bodyweight program is an app by Mark Lauren called "You Are Your Own Gym." I'm doing one of his 10-week programs. It's weight lifting using really only your own body. (I think for some of the really challenging things, he might grab heavy things around the house and use them, but I'm nowhere NEAR that stage yet, lol...) So far, it's really challenging. I'm not a beginner, so I am doing the intermediate program. I'm quite sore as I sort of sloughed off my bodyweight stuff last spring when work and personal life got busy. It feels good to be back on track. I'll have to try to fit this in with my swimming though. I might have to cut down my pool time, which would make my family happy since we don't eat dinner until close to 8pm most nights that I'm at the pool :blush:
  • emmab0902
    2700m with masters

200 warmup

2x 400 as 100 free 2x 100IM 100 free

8x 75 free with fins

400 pull

12x 25 fly kick on front on 30s

8x 25 IMO sprint on 40

200 warmdown

Felt like a rock all session - not good.