Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Did you swim today?

Replies

• Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    So much running. :)
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    3100 today, slowish pace but a lane to myself and worked on bilateral breathing. That means sinuses are well rinsed. 8150 yds for the week. Slowly getting back to having chlorine as a macro.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    2600m with masters.

200 warmup

16x 50 free with fins on 60

2x 100 back kick

4x 100 free as 4th 25 fast

4x 50 br

4x 50 fly

400 pull

4x 25 sprint

100 warmdown

This was after a 40 minute ZUU training session so my limbs were toast already!!
  • Montepulciano
    3100 yards @ 59 minutes

Hate getting kicked when sharing a lane.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    1 mile @ 66 minutes
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    4 miles yesterday. Next swim in China on Wednesday. I doubt I'll have the energy to swim Tuesday after I arrive after 26 his if travel. :D
  • Montepulciano
    3100 yards @ 58 minutes
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Still no water in our pool. The Maintenance Turn around found a few un-expected issues so :'(
  • emmab0902
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Still no water in our pool. The Maintenance Turn around found a few un-expected issues so :'(

Boooo
    :disappointed:
  • Montepulciano
    Hmmmph. Keeping good thoughts it is up and running by the end of the month.
  • fishgutzy
    4 miles in a Chinese pool.
    A rare thing happened tonight. For a little while we had 4 people song the in lane oval and all doing freestyle.
    Then an old guy got in thought it was appropriate to pay blocker doing breast stroke.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    swam yesterday water down to 73....can't wait to get in today.

kinda scared to move to the public pool feeling like I'm too slow for lane swims.
  • Montepulciano

kinda scared to move to the public pool feeling like I'm too slow for lane swims.

I work out at the rec center near my house and there is a huge range of speeds. I think if you try, you just may be surprised and pleased.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    went yesterday and today-- 54 laps ~ 72 minutes each time
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Jumped in last night to see how far I could go in an hour. Felt great, and really thought I was killing it. Then ended to find out I'm about where I was a year ago, despite pushing quite hard (for me) in the middle 1500. So... 2550y in 58 mins.

Despite that disappointment, it was a very pleasant evening with uncrowded lanes and perfect water temp.

I guess I need to do more sprint drills, maybe get some coaching.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,281 Member
    Finally got back in for a mile after 2.5 weeks off. I had left off with my best swim ever, and then the pool closed. BUT... Wait for it... (!) I had another awesome swim. I'm not the fastest fish, nor the most efficient, but it's coming together, and I found that groove again where I can swim and swim and swim (as opposed to frequent catch-my-breath pauses). It clicked in for the last 1/3 of the swim, but I got a mile + a couple of extra laps in ~50min.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Well you are doing better than me Curly - fast fish wise!

I did 1 k in 37 mins earlier this week...lotsa drills..thinking on the helpful responses to my other thread. Thanks.
  • fishgutzy

Last year at my Y the heater shut off on a Sunday night. Pool was 73 Monday morning.
    I absolutely loved it. The older swimmers didn't. They would get in for a lap or two and jump out.
  • Montepulciano
    73 would not be so bad after the first few laps, but that getting in part..brrrrrrr.
  • emmab0902
    2000m solo swim

200 free
    200 back
    200 free
    200 back
    200 free kick
    200 br kick

At this point I intended to do the 16x 50 test set but only got ten reps done before lane was invaded!

10x 50 free on 60
    #1 and $10 were 36s the rest were 37s. All done in 38-39 strokes. Which is faster than my 200m pace but definitely not all out.

100 warmdown