Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    panhandle8 wrote: »
    Last am swim for the summer. Sprints and kick work.

Do you switch to the evening for swimming now?
  • panhandle8
    panhandle8 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Do you switch to the evening for swimming now?
    Yes, I have 4 children home for the summer so I will need to swim after my husband is home for the evening. I don't care for evening swims as I would rather swim on an empty/semi-empty stomach. Ah well, 1st world problems!
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    AQ- I can't tell you how many times I have planned to swim while away and forgotten my goggles.

Frustrating isn't it.
    Thankfully someone lent me their goggles today and I got a 45 min swim in. No clue on distance given the shape of the hotel pool!
    That's a nice empty pool you were in by the way!
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    62 minutes ...didn't count but I felt slow and lazy

Dog sitting again this weekend so I did drylander workouts the last two days. Felt SOOOOO much better to get back to the pool.
  • mpeters1965
    Options
    1800 yards. About 50 minutes. 300 swim, 50 kick, 300 pull, 50 kick, 4 x 100 on 2:30, 50 kick, 300 pull, 50 kick, 300 swim. I made up the workout when I was driving to the Y this morning. I had pulled all my other workouts out of my bag to organize and realized as I was driving in that I never put them back!

Panhandle - 1st world problems yes, but we sure get used to swimming at our regular times!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Feel for you AQ.
    I have a MRI scheduled next week to look at my shoulder.
    I have not been swimming since April 22 :(
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Bruceapple wrote: »
    Feel for you AQ.
    Hope things go better for you with the shoulder, Bruce. Have you switched to another exercise in the meantime? Biking, running, walking? I biked 15 miles Saturday and was amazed at how much of a work-out it was. I'm in great cardio conditioning but my legs have not kept up with my arms, lats & lungs.

• fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    3000 free, non stop. No sips breaks. Tried maintaining under a 1:50 per 100 for the whole 3000.
    500 Kick/fins
    500 pads/pull buoy
    2000 free.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    I have been on a Stairmaster and spinning classes.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Sprint Triathlon Practise. 15 Minutes of Swim warm-up and stretch's.
    Swim 750 meters in 18 minutes.
    Bike 21.6 km in 48 minutes ( Avg Speed 27 Km/Hr; Need a new BIKE !! )
    Run 5 km in 39 minutes. ( Avg Speed 7.7 Km/Hr )
    That Qualifies as a Monster Workout for me !!!
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »

Wow that is ffrakin impressive! I am so so jealous!

Yesterday was a lazy day. Or I could be all cool and call it a 'rest day'... but mostly I just didn't want to get off my butt and go to the pool.

63 minutes tonight, 50 minute mile, 2k total. 8:1 Crawl:Other stroke ratio
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    3000 free, non stop. No sips breaks. Tried maintaining under a 1:50 per 100 for the whole 3000.
    500 Kick/fins
    500 pads/pull buoy
    2000 free.

Yesterday was a lazy day. Or I could be all cool and call it a 'rest day'... but mostly I just didn't want to get off my butt and go to the pool.

Hey, look at that, stephenrhinton is all cool now. ;-)

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Draggin my @$$ today after yesterday.

Thanks Stephen - 2 years ago there was no way I could do anything like yesterdays routine.
    The work outs you are doing are pretty impressive.
    We all have to look back at where our starting point was to realize what we have accomplished.
    Nothing wrong with having a Cool Day once in a while. Our bodies actually need that type of day to recover and heal.
    Today was a lazy ( Cool ) recovery day for me, 750m mixed breast/back/free/kick drills and sculling - 1 hour, more chatting than anything and some quality Hot Tub time.
  • AquaticQuests
    edited June 2015
    Options
    So I'm back from the break.
    Yesterday rain meant no swim. Today was up early for swim, then still can't find where I out my goggles are, so called off the swim, and didn't leave home. Hope to find them and swim later today!
    Bruceapple wrote: »
    Feel for you AQ.
    Sorry to hear Bruce. Last time I was out with shoulder pain (a couple of years ago now)I stayed out of the pool for quite a few months to let it heal. I began to think that swimming was no longer a viable exercise for me to be doing.
    But gladly when I came back, and with the shoulder exercises, it's not recurred.

One major stroke correction I had to make though was to change from my palm entering the water almost sideways (ie thumb first) as I had been taught many years back, to instead entering with a flat palm angled downwards.
    The thumb first entry places great pressure on the shoulder, causes rotator cuff problems, and in my case, I suspect, was the cause of 80-90% of my shoulder problems (http://www.swimsmooth.com/injury.php)
    I also eliminated the mid line cross over.
    Since I rested the shoulder and thereafter changed my hand entry, the shoulder problems have not recurred even now 2 years later! In December I watched a video of my swimming and realised the thumb first entry and cross over was unknowingly creeping back in, and I worked to stamp it out again immediately!

Robertus wrote: »
    Hope things go better for you with the shoulder, Bruce. Have you switched to another exercise in the meantime? Biking, running, walking? I biked 15 miles Saturday and was amazed at how much of a work-out it was. I'm in great cardio conditioning but my legs have not kept up with my arms, lats & lungs.

That's my one gripe with swimming!
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    500 Kick/fins
    500 pads/pull buoy
    2000 free.
    Under 1:50 for almost 3 km - impressive!

Wow a triathlete!
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    2300SCM
    Masters

250 as 50 free 50 br 50 fly 50 free 50 kick

8x50 free as 1-3 descend 4 hold (x2) on 60

6x100 as 50 br 50 back on 2.00

8x25 sprint kick on 50

4x75 pull as 25 free 25 br 25 free

16x25 IMO (no br) on 35 (meant to use fins but I needed to push myself so did without)

150 easy

Was the first remotely resembling speed work I've done in two months so I felt it!!
  • mpeters1965
    Options
    1950 yds, just under an hour. I did Ms. J's workout again. Felt good!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    MsJ's workout and then aquafitness class. I can feel it, but it all felt good. I'm getting better with my bilateral breathing too, largely due to MsJ's "making me do it." It is a total switch for me to head to the pool with a planned workout. I am more motivated and I get on task faster.
  • AquaticQuests
    edited June 2015
    Options
    2.508km 56 min
    Haven't done a long swim for some time so - yeah - it was hard!
  • panhandle8
    panhandle8 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 5 with no swim. We have been busy with kids' sports, our 25th! wedding anniversary, and husband has evening work functions. If I don't get into the pool tomorrow, I will implode!
  • mpeters1965
    Options
    panhandle8 wrote: »
    Today will be day 5 with no swim. We have been busy with kids' sports, our 25th! wedding anniversary, and husband has evening work functions. If I don't get into the pool tomorrow, I will implode!

Happy 25th! I hope you get to swim soon.