Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Back in after a week & a half, felt rusty but not as rusty as I expected. My reach was a little short, but I started to feel it getting better by the end of the workout so hopefully it'll be there tomorrow. All freestyle today: 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 1500, 1000, 500, 250 yards in 114 minutes.......
  • EmmaSlan
    EmmaSlan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Woohoo. Back in the pool today at last. Only did 30 minutes to ease back in but compensated with a 45 minute walk.
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    61 minutes
  • panhandle8
    panhandle8 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Started out late this evening so only did about 35 min. Sprints, kicks w/fins, and laps.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    No swimming again today. Probably not until I get back to the free world.
    There is a very small chance that their might be a pool at a hotel the company team is staying at Friday after next. But that is unknown.
    Walking during rainy season is almost as wet as swimming :)
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    4x150 as:
    25 (reverse medley order so first time thru free then br then back then fly) 10s rest
    50 back/br 15s rest
    75 free 20s rest

Repeat 5x!!!!

So 3000SCM
    60 minutes

MRI scan in the morning....
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    1800 meters, mixed sets. About 50 minutes. I usually swim yards but the lanes were set up in the meters direction (the pool is in the shape of an L).

One of the lifeguards floated a 'wet floor' sign on a kick board in the pool this morning. I asked her why and she said "because I think I'm hilarious this morning". It really was pretty funny. :smile:
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Thank you emma, the trigger point site is helpful.
  • Kida_Adeylne
    Kida_Adeylne Posts: 201 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Only 750m, but I did manage to get to the pool for 6:30am! My left arm is hurting a bit from Monday, which is why I cut it short. Tomorrow I have to be at the lake for 6:30. :/
  • Macstraw
    Options
    250 free, 500 free, 1000 free, 7 x 200 I.M., 500 free, 3 x 200 I.M., 1000 free, 250 free in 98 minutes
  • stephenrhinton
    Options
    62 minutes all crawl
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    1800 meters, mixed sets. About 50 minutes. I usually swim yards but the lanes were set up in the meters direction (the pool is in the shape of an L).
    One of the lifeguards floated a 'wet floor' sign on a kick board in the pool this morning. I asked her why and she said "because I think I'm hilarious this morning". It really was pretty funny. :smile:
    You need to get a " No Swimming Sign " and tie it to the bottom of a kickboard so it's only visible from under water.
    Great Job Noel. Allways love reading your Blogs. Can definitely tell that you are a writer. I have all ways struggled with the written word. Give me a math/chemistry problem and I am in my zone. ( The Big Bang Theory could have been based on me and my friends ) Just no Penny.

Between Free Public Swims ( no lanes) and being Out of Town for a few days with work I understand @fishgutzy not getting his chlorine fix. Usually by the time I got back to the Hotel the lane swim was over and the 12 meter Hotel pool is not swimmable due to the dreaded "dodgems" and waterslide crosscurrent. Managed to get back before 8pm tonight so got into the 8-9 lanes at the local community pool. Not saying it's small but it only has 4 lanes and if you do breast stroke or fly you risk hitting the wall, ropes or the person in the next lane. I did a beautiful breast stroke where I kicked the rope on one side and the wall on the other - Toe jam has a whole new meaning. 60 minutes not sure of distance due to pool congestion-"dodgems".
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Great work getting the swim in despite the obstacles, Juliet....

All freestyle today (in yards): 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 1500, 1000, 500, 250 in 114 minutes....
  • stephenrhinton
    Options
    I got my 60 minutes in today but man did I feel fatigued and slow ...Didn't help that the chapter in my audiobook was one about a character trudging along on the edge of exhaustion wanting to lie down and die in the snow ....Not helpful today George R R!!

I'm thinking of taking a rest day tomorrow ...it'll be warm under the snow ..rest a bit, sleep a while, die just a little ..
  • Kida_Adeylne
    Kida_Adeylne Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I woke up at 5:15am, all ready for open water swim practice, but when I got to the lake at 6:30am there was no one there but Geese... don't know what happened there, and am waiting for a reply.
    But I did rope my mom into being my life guard and coming back with me at lunch time for about 30 minutes of swimming. I couldn't swim out very far as we don't have a kayak, but I practiced sighting and swimming straight without my black line to guide me. I think it helped - I wasn't veering quite so much after a couple of lengths along the beach. I was also surprised at how much extra effort was required when I was swimming against the current - it was pretty calm today, so only slight waves, but it was a very noticeable difference.
    And my worries about the water temperature were unfounded. I'm wondering if I could convince the community centre to make the pool that cool. (sadly, probably not). It was so nice once I got moving.
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Stephen - if you're feeling the need for a rest day, then listen to your body & take 1. One day will not derail anything you've done, or will it set you back - but it COULD help your body recover & repair muscle properly. As a trainer at my gym once told me about rest days our bodies will tell us when we need 1 & if we don't listen then they will make us take 1 (or more)....

Kida - its good that you got in & started working on what you need for the open water swim. Now you know that you can do it & what to expect - nice work!!!
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    50 minutes. Around 1800-1900 yards. I lost count somewhere in the middle so I am not sure. Mixed sets. I wanted to do some IM work but the pool was crowded and I was sharing a lane so I added in some sprints. Definitely got the heart rate up.

Stephen - Take a rest day but for heaven's sake, don't lay down in the snow! :smile: I'm no GRR Martin fan but it makes me think of stories by Jack London.
  • Macstraw
    Options
    I.M. workout today, little bit of a tough go through the fly on the last few I.M.'s: 250 free, 500 free, 1000 free, 7 x 200 I.M., 500 free, 3 x 200 I.M., 1000 free, 250 free in 98 minutes.....
  • stephenrhinton
    Options
    yesterday was a rest day
    63 minutes, 2025m total ...mile time 48 mins ....personal best

Did manage 2 sprint lengths ....the last length of the mile, and the last length of the day.