Did you swim today?

Replies

• NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Go @stephenrhinton ! Nice personal best.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Taper

200 free

8X50 as 2 br 2 back 4 fly/free

4X100 pull as 75 free 25 br

75 free max timed 25 easy (53)
    75 back max timed 125 easy (60)

4X25 max timed with 25 easy in between

100 easy

100 swim down

• 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Well done on the PB Stephen!

Almost back to normal - 2km in 45 minutes this morning. 200m crawl, 800m mixed kicks with fins, 10x40m sprints, 200m crawl with fins, 200m crawl, 200m cool down to finish.
  • NoelFigart1
    1200yds. 34:01

I do intervals of a sort. I swim 100 breast, 400 free, lather, rinse, repeat until I've done however many yards I intend to do that day.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Well done Stephen!

I left my goggles at home..... So made myself sweat walking up the hills fast on the way home. Hey ho.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Taking a long weekend beach trip-- so no laps, but three nice ocean dips treading water and heads up breast stroke in a decent current. Lots of beach walks, bike rides, and kayaking to boot!
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    2250 yards, 56 minutes. Tried to do backstroke for first time in 30 years. Amusing and ineffective are two words that come to mind. My shoulders don't know how to do that any more.
  • NoelFigart1
    Weights today. FWIW, strength training seems to be having a significantly positive effect on my swim times.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    4 miles yesterday and today. Did yard stuff all weekend.
  • Old_Man_McGucket
    Old_Man_McGucket Posts: 310 Member
    dotggmntqf6s.jpeg
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Nice work everyone (nice graphics too...!).

Another wash out my side. Got there determined to do my 'FITATFIFTY' routine - forgetting Tuesdays is aerobics class, and the lane swimmers squished into 2 lanes. Usually it's ok, but this time too many people etc etc to make this particular routine work. I guess I should have changed my plans, but instead I got out after 400m and got on with my already crowded day. Got my aerobics pushing mum in her wheelchair instead....
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Yesterday was an unintended rest day
    2250 meters in 61 minutes, mixed strokes, 30 sprint lengths
    Tomorrow is a drylander day. I'm hoping to try Les Mills BodyPump class for an introduction into some resistance-based training.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    1000m - 250m free, 250 breast - repeat. Hot Tub!!!!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Only a cardio water class. Sadly, traffic had other plans for me. :expressionless:
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Yesterday was an unintended rest day
    2250 meters in 61 minutes, mixed strokes, 30 sprint lengths
    Tomorrow is a drylander day. I'm hoping to try Les Mills BodyPump class for an introduction into some resistance-based training.

Used to LOVE bodypump!!

Last session before meet on Friday.

50 free 50 back 50 br (twice)

4X100 free build by 25

8X50 free build last 25

400 easy

Coach gave me a warmup to do at meet. 1000m including sprints. Will be interesting as my warmup is usually only about 500m tops and nothing fast!

200 free
    100 back
    4X50 alt free back by 50 at 80%
    100 choice steady
    4X25 at 90-95%
    100 choice steady
    4X12.5 race starts
    100-200 easy

Probably will be too buggered to race after that!

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Swam a km today! First time I have done any serious training since knee surgery so totally stoked with it! Also first outdoor swim (local pool on beach front finally opened for the season!) Can't wait until physio lets me swim in the ocean again...
  • NoelFigart1
    1200 33:21

Okay, in looking at the improvements in my freestyle times, weight training is improving my speed like WOAH. This makes me happy. I'll always be a turtle, but at least I won't totally be A'Tuin.
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Great work everyone! I got back in the pool this morning for the first time since last Monday. Last Tuesday I started getting a scratchy throat and it only took about 24 hours to morph into a full-fledged head cold and laryngitis. Last night I went back to the weight room and this morning I made it back to swimming. 1600 yds mixed sets and I was done in so I guess I'm not 100% yet. On the plus side, the extra week off allowed the car accident stuff to completely heal. Fingers crossed that by the end of the week I should be back to my same old self.

Noel - I started weight training a few months ago and haven't noted any change in my times (although maybe I should check to be sure) but I definitely have noticed a small change in how I look. People keep asking if I have lost weight and the scale has not shifted more than a pound or so.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    @Old_Man_McGucket -- love the graphics!
    First regular lap swim in a week because of the campus/pool shut down and Fall Break. Unfortunately, my tummy troubles from early September have returned, so was fighting abdominal cramps the whole time. . . but I managed my regular 54 laps in ~72 minutes nonetheless.
  • NoelFigart1
    @mpeters1965 Two things: I went from being very ill, then a huge professional project and NO exercise at all for two years to training for distance swims last year. I started VERY weak. I got about as strong as I was going to get in a year.

As far as lifting, I had been weight training with the old school freeweight stuff for several years before I'd gotten ill, so my body is responding pretty quickly to getting back under the Iron again.

I certainly did not have a long-term competitive background in swimming!