Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I had occasion to be at Whole Foods today (looking for something for a recipe) and they had the 3 twins ice cream for 2.50 so I got the chocolate malt and the caramel truffle to try. But now I need to be done buying for awhile-- I've got about 10-12 kinds of ice cream at the moment. :laugh:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    On our way to get some pizza. Then going to target to see what's in their freezer.

Acrylics, did you try the Steve's caramel again today yet?

Not yet but I've pre-logged it.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Today I cheated on my first love.....

2whdq8h.jpg

With my new love.....

2r61yr5.jpg

Suggestions for what's next?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    d8868f1a-3cff-4960-b35a-91f3c42e657c_zps9f6db708.jpg

Here's my first serving:

08cbc51a-bbd4-446a-8108-d24794da7d2d_zps639f1232.jpg

And here's the second:

fe2ff876-7cad-44dd-962b-05bb0c125e04_zps7e108c5a.jpg

So those two little ribbons on top have been the only caramel so far. That said, I love the base. It's thick and rich and fantastic. And I love the caramel too, what little taste of it I got.

Since the reviews for this have been so good I'm assuming I just happened to grab one that had way less than normal, so now I'm trying to decide whether I want to try another pint.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Today I cheated on my first love.....

2whdq8h.jpg

With my new love.....

2r61yr5.jpg

Suggestions for what's next?

Have you tried the Southern Butter Pecan yet?
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    The Breyers Girl Scout line was an inspired idea. Unfortunately it has really poor execution. The quality is way down and most of them no longer even say ice cream but "frozen dairy dessert". What the hell is a "frozen dairy dessert"? It's like they stuck chunks of girl scout cookies in the lowest quality crap they had sitting around.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    The Breyers Girl Scout line was an inspired idea. Unfortunately it has really poor execution. The quality is way down and most of them no longer even say ice cream but "frozen dairy dessert". What the hell is a "frozen dairy dessert"? It's like they stuck chunks of girl scout cookies in the lowest quality crap they had sitting around.

Mr. Acrylics likes the Thin Mint one. Personally I've never been a huge thin mint person and much prefer tagalongs-- I haven't seen that in ice cream form so I haven't tried it.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Mr. Acrylics likes the Thin Mint one. Personally I've never been a huge thin mint person and much prefer tagalongs-- I haven't seen that in ice cream form so I haven't tried it.

Also I've got a bone to pick with you. Now I really want to try the HD pralines flavor. I used to really like Edy's Caramel Praline. I ate it every day for months until I finally got sick of it. Also I'm snobby now. But no luck finding the HD rendition so far.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Options

Thin Mints are my favorite GS cookie but our experience with a couple other flavors ensures I will never try that Breyers flavor. I never even knew about the "frozen dairy dessert" labeling until we bought the ice cream version of my wife's favorite GS cookie; Samoas. We both tasted it and wondered what the hell we'd put in our mouths. Didn't even taste like real ice cream, the texture was awful, and was so saccharine sweet I couldn't believe it was from Breyers.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Options

Also I've got a bone to pick with you. Now I really want to try the HD pralines flavor. I used to really like Edy's Caramel Praline. I ate it every day for months until I finally got sick of it. Also I'm snobby now. But no luck finding the HD rendition so far.

Now you know how I feel. It was so good that I have thought about it often in the 10 or so years since last I tasted it and I don't tend to reminisce about too many foods. I'm just hoping that if I do find a container it's as good as I recall.

Do you have a Walgreens near you? I did find this upon further searching:

http://www.theicecreaminformant.com/2013/02/review-haagen-dazs-pralines-cream.html
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Now you know how I feel. It was so good that I have thought about it often in the 10 or so years since last I tasted it and I don't tend to reminisce about too many foods. I'm just hoping that if I do find a container it's as good as I recall.

Do you have a Walgreens near you? I did find this upon further searching:

http://www.theicecreaminformant.com/2013/02/review-haagen-dazs-pralines-cream.html

That looks amazing. Yes, we have Walgreens here. I never go there so it didn't occur to me to check there. I'll let you know if I find it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Thin Mints are my favorite GS cookie but our experience with a couple other flavors ensures I will never try that Breyers flavor. I never even knew about the "frozen dairy dessert" labeling until we bought the ice cream version of my wife's favorite GS cookie; Samoas. We both tasted it and wondered what the hell we'd put in our mouths. Didn't even taste like real ice cream, the texture was awful, and was so saccharine sweet I couldn't believe it was from Breyers.

I actually really like it (the samoa one).
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Speaking of, I saw several ice creams at Target today which I didn't buy:

Ben & Jerry's
    Rockin Blondies
    Peanut butter world
    Peanut butter jam session

And...................

5du088P.jpg?1

Looked interesting.

We've got Target. I hardly ever go there but that might be worth a try.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Tiramisu Haagen Dazs gelato.

It's what's for dinner.

I really like it.

10274198_10152118884050811_7233514494975669092_n.jpg
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Latest ice cream creation: Almond Toffee ... might like this one better than the caramel

2112tk3.jpg

Since all the GS ice cream discussion, think I might see if I can come up with either a Samoa or Thin Mint Ice cream recipe .. will take lots of experimenting and taste testing