Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I had this one this morning. I won't be able to buy Jeni's for while, so I'm trying to make it last. I hope it resized.

IMAG0693_zpszyf4wxdw.jpg

...why is this not in my freezer? I feel like a lot of these amazing ice creams you guys are posting aren't around in Canada! Haven't tried gelato or talenti I feel so left out now haha, I may need to do some exploring, I wonder if I'll have some luck at this one store here, like a grocery store but I believe it's Italian or some sort of specialty store... maybe I'll go there in the near future and see if I have any luck...

I had to order this one online. I also had to order the sweet potato with torched marshmallow, which I searched for over a year, because thanks to Sarauk2sf, I had to have it! :bigsmile:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm having another serving of Jeni's Brambleberry crisp tonight. I think I like it better than the first time. Maybe I was initially swayed by sticker shock. :laugh:
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Graeter's has a new Sundae: Chocolate Chip Ice Cream with a topping of whipped cream (there's is to die for...better than most places ice cream), peanut butter topping and hot fudge that they mix for you (it ends up somewhere between a mousse and fudge).

I got it with Double Chocolate Chip.

If you are close to a Graeter's any time soon it's worth a try.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I'm having another serving of Jeni's Brambleberry crisp tonight. I think I like it better than the first time. Maybe I was initially swayed by sticker shock. :laugh:

Haha! I think it's worth the money. If you have the money. :drinker:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Well, if I can learn to make it at home I'll be a lot happier. I'm planning to try it out but I need to eat some of the ice cream in my freezer before I start making more.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I like coldstone.

I like the idea of having it made at whatever whim I'm in at the moment, requires zero effort on my part and I can change my mind right up until the last minute.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    So tonight was, of course, my homemade ice cream. It's inspired by the Chocolate Covered pretzel blizzard, from dairy queen. Vanilla soft serve, peanut butter swirls, chocolate chunks, and of course chocolate covered pretzel bites. I made a peanut butter ice cream then added dark chocolate chips and dark chocolate covered pretzels.

The results were incredibly pleasing.

JWAgu0S.jpg?1

Up close shot, to show off the tasty bits and pieces. The crunchy salty pretzel bites are pretty much heaven.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I found a jar of Williams Sonoma Salted Caramel sauce hiding in the back of my pantry, had it heated up with some french vanilla ice cream and yellow cake. It was a bit of buttery salty heaven...

Highly recommend the WS caramel sauce... it does get hard as it cools so I will have to ponder what else this would be good with....
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    So tonight was, of course, my homemade ice cream. It's inspired by the Chocolate Covered pretzel blizzard, from dairy queen. Vanilla soft serve, peanut butter swirls, chocolate chunks, and of course chocolate covered pretzel bites. I made a peanut butter ice cream then added dark chocolate chips and dark chocolate covered pretzels.

The results were incredibly pleasing.

JWAgu0S.jpg?1

Up close shot, to show off the tasty bits and pieces. The crunchy salty pretzel bites are pretty much heaven.

That looks good! I haven't tried a pretzel one yet now I think it's a must
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I found a jar of Williams Sonoma Salted Caramel sauce hiding in the back of my pantry, had it heated up with some french vanilla ice cream and yellow cake. It was a bit of buttery salty heaven...

Highly recommend the WS caramel sauce... it does get hard as it cools so I will have to ponder what else this would be good with....

Crepes and caramel is a match made in heaven.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Well, if I can learn to make it at home I'll be a lot happier. I'm planning to try it out but I need to eat some of the ice cream in my freezer before I start making more.

I'm going to get the Brambleberry because I got a coupon from Balducci's, but I won't be buying anymore for a while. I'm jealous of you guys making your ice cream! I need to get on it.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Up tonight: Three Twins Chocolate Malt

d47cfa84-fb69-43d5-8b2c-898556739e5b_zpsecabbbc1.jpg

Like I mentioned before, I really prefer ice cream with mix-ins so I added some Whoppers.

21c3d374-3695-4ba8-a4d2-2d6f5c2c6b48_zps1228abc2.jpg

Okay, the flavor on this one is good. It's got a darker chocolate flavor. And the malt flavor is definitely spot on. However I'm not a huge fan of the texture. I've gotten used to a lot creamier bases and this one doesn't have that going for it. It's actually almost a little grainy. With the whoppers it was still really enjoyable, however my other big gripe is serving size to calories ratio. 220 calories for only 85 grams, and that's without the candy I added.

I liked it, but probably won't buy it again.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Up tonight: Three Twins Chocolate Malt

Like I mentioned before, I really prefer ice cream with mix-ins so I added some Whoppers.

Okay, the flavor on this one is good. It's got a darker chocolate flavor. And the malt flavor is definitely spot on. However I'm not a huge fan of the texture. I've gotten used to a lot creamier bases and this one doesn't have that going for it. It's actually almost a little grainy. With the whoppers it was still really enjoyable, however my other big gripe is serving size to calories ratio. 220 calories for only 85 grams, and that's without the candy I added.

I liked it, but probably won't buy it again.
    Awww man. You know how long I've been looking for that. Or the Talenti.

Talenti has chocolate malt? Would eat.

For my calories the Publix chocolate malt was better. But I know that doesn't help much. Still hoping to find the Ciao Bella.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    i'm just gonna leave this here

4-3-DSC_7277.JPG

i'm not a big coffee person, but I love donuts. This ice cream was amazing.

edit: I give up playing with this trying to resize

My favorite is the glaze *drools*
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    i'm just gonna leave this here

4-3-DSC_7277.JPG

i'm not a big coffee person, but I love donuts. This ice cream was amazing.

edit: I give up playing with this trying to resize

My favorite is the glaze *drools*

Oh yeah, this one is GOOOOOD!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I had the Three Twins caramel truffle swirls tonight. I didn't take pics because it just looked like vanilla. I was underwhelmed. The flavor was good. The texture was grainy. There was only one truffle in mine and the rest of the pint looked similar. It was 230 calories for only 85 grams.