Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    My purchase for the night. I tried the Halo Top, and it was just ok. Maybe I shouldn't eat it right out of the container. It might be better once it starts to melt in a bowl. But for the calories, protein and fiber, I'm not complaining. I want to try the others, but that'll put me over, and I don't feel like doing cardio tonight.

79190c5a-9620-4cdc-b659-74266cb07cbf_zpsd0ce47ae.jpg
    The PB Stracciatella is heavenly.

I didn't look at the nutrition info until I was in line. I might not be eating whole servings of that one on non-cardio days! Oh, and my boss just gave me a copy of Taubes' "Why We Get Fat", even though I told him he didn't have to. I can only imagine the look on his face when he opens the work freezer and sees all my ice creams in there! :laugh:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    ^^^ That looks good, and so does Dora's ice cream! I have to make room before I buy anything else.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I haven't been doing much in the ice cream department lately. I've had a pretty rough past few days... car accident and all that.
    Anyway, went to the State Fair and one of the local creameries had a truck out with homemade ice creams. Hubby got an Orange Pineapple ice cream. I got the Salted Caramel, which ended up having surprise bits of pretzel in it. It was REALLY good.

icecream.jpg

Also had Talenti Fudge Brownie the other day. Shoprite had Talenti on sale this week and I couldn't resist picking up some. :)

Oh no I hope you're okay and resting up. :frown:

How did you feel about the fudge brownie? I liked it alright, better than double dark chocolate, but not as well as chocolate peanut butter cup.

I've always been a fan of fudge brownie type ice creams, so I like it. But, I think I prefer Ben & Jerry's. Still, I think it's worth picking up every once in a while. :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Ok, I don't have a picture but my review of Haagen Daaz Sea Salt Caramel Gelato - yummy, would recommend it. My cats all wanted to try some - one liked it, one was like eh, whatever, and the third gave me a look like "this isn't ham" (he likes ham and for some reason thinks if I am eating something it must be ham, and he is usually disappointed). I think it is a great option because of the single serving size (perfect for someone a bit lazy like me), and of course, caramel is awesome. But I do wish it had more caramel mixed in to it. But the base is so nice and smooth and creamy, just like a good gelato should be (which is why I tend to prefer gelato if I have the option) and it has a great flavor.

That's hilarious :laugh:

I loved the texture of that one but it was just a bit too sweet for me. I think I want to try something else by HD though, since it was so creamy.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! Ice cream making plans are being postponed for good cause... it's the food truck showdown so good food will be consumed today. Have a great one!

This week I'm planning on making smores ice cream and coconut.

Amber good luck on the ice cream making!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Happy Saturday! Ice cream making plans are being postponed for good cause... it's the food truck showdown so good food will be consumed today. Have a great one!

This week I'm planning on making smores ice cream and coconut.

Amber good luck on the ice cream making!

Can't wait to see how the s'mores turns out-- that's next on my list. Don't forget to post the recipe. :bigsmile:

Enjoy the food trucks!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Happy Saturday all my awesome friends. Going grocery shopping after work and I'll be picking up 2 new ice creams or gelato. Just haven't made my decision on what yet.

Think I'm going to try something HD.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I got the HD bourbon praline at the grocery store. Then on a whim I stopped at Walgreens and they had the pralines and cream so I got that too. :embarassed:

:laugh:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Oh my God. The HD Pralines and Cream. o.O I found it at Walgreen's.

Iwishyouwell, I can't decide whether to thank you or blame you for this discovery. I knew it was going to be good when I opened it and saw the mix-ins, which seem to have broken my streak:

8aa59986-974c-43ff-ba72-87721341bfb2_zpsf3c422b4.jpg

It's got a great mix of textures. The praline pecans are crunchy, the vanilla base is creamy, and then there's a gooey caramel ribbon throughout. The caramel is super sweet but unlike the Salted Caramel gelato this one balances the sweetness with the base. They were not stingy with the mix-ins. Great flavor, great textures. 10/10 will eat over and over again.

ec0264b0-ed3e-4722-9363-fae33b0d4687_zps06dbb15a.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    ^^^Whoah, mama! :love:

I just came to post this for kruggeri. She's a genius! Turkey Hill butter brickle ice cream on a Pepperidge Farm Milano salted pretzel slice. It was sweet and salty enough that one was plenty!

IMAG0731_zpsxex9s1pr.jpg

I don't know why my link isn't working for my picture. It's not in my mobile uploads. I'll have to fix it on Monday from a computer.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

I just came to post this for kruggeri. She's a genius! Turkey Hill butter brickle ice cream on a Pepperidge Farm Milano salted pretzel slice. It was sweet and salty enough that one was plenty!

IMAG0731_zpsxex9s1pr.jpg

I don't know why my link isn't working for my picture. It's not in my mobile uploads. I'll have to fix it on Monday from a computer.

It looks good to me!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

It looks good to me!

I thought I was copying the smaller one. Oy. I did what you said and didn't replace the original. Well, it was good. :bigsmile:

I also had Menchie's frozen yogurt, because they were giving it away at the adoption event I was volunteering for. No pics, but they had toasty marshmallow, and it was way better than I expected. Also ran into my old boss from Swensen's Ice Cream. She didn't remember me! I was probably her most difficult employee, and she wanted to block me from memory.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I had Talenti Fudge Brownie for the second time tonight, it was delicious. I am intrigued by this butter brickle flavor I keep seeing people mention, I think I may need to pick that up at the store tomorrow.

On a sad note, the Yasso mint chocolate chip greek yogurt bar did not live up to my expectations. I think the Talenti Mediterranean Mint spoiled me for mints. I'm still going to eat the rest of them, especially at only 100 cals. But back to the sea salt caramel bars from now on.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

IMAG0731_zpsxex9s1pr.jpg

I'm so happy it was good, I had a feeling about that combo!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    My chocolate malt base is ready to put in the ice cream maker later today. Wish me luck.