Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    My chocolate malt base is ready to put in the ice cream maker later today. Wish me luck.

Good luck can't wait to see pics of this success!

I have coconut ice cream churning now. Getting ready to start my smores ice cream, trying to decide if I want to go with a vanilla bean base and mix in everything or a chocolate base. Such difficult decisions for a Sunday morning.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Decided to go with a Toasted marshmallow base ice cream, preliminary taste test are it's heading in the right direction. Now deciding on the chocolate I want for the swirl.

The coconut ice cream is a success.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Decided to go with a Toasted marshmallow base ice cream, preliminary taste test are it's heading in the right direction. Now deciding on the chocolate I want for the swirl.

The coconut ice cream is a success.
    Seriously I need to no get an ice cream maker. I can't take this jealousy.

I'm disappointed you haven't bought one yet! Go to target already.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Ok you guys, I am going to the grocery store today and I have Talenti on my list because so many people seem to love it. I am 99% sure the store I go to has it (it is a smaller store with specialty brands) so I am hoping I can get it and that it lives up to all the hype. Wish me luck!
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    My chocolate malt base is ready to put in the ice cream maker later today. Wish me luck.

Good luck - it sounds amazing so I hope it turns out great!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Ok you guys, I am going to the grocery store today and I have Talenti on my list because so many people seem to love it. I am 99% sure the store I go to has it (it is a smaller store with specialty brands) so I am hoping I can get it and that it lives up to all the hype. Wish me luck!

Get the caramel and the southern butter pecan. :flowerforyou:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

I haven't had the butter pecan yet, but I second the caramel.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options

I haven't had the butter pecan yet, but I second the caramel.

You need to get the butter pecan what are you waiting on
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options

Definitely get the Southern Butter Pecan!

The Mediterranean Mint is delicious & also Sea Salt Caramel.
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    sorry for the double-dip. The last one is Cio Bello, which I've heard good things about. True? I think the salted caramel sandwich would be better than the key lime, but photo doesn't show it.
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    At the local Sprouts store here in SoCal. I knew I'd eat the whole thing of whatever I bought. I need to burn more so I can eat more. How do you guys keep from eating a whole pint?!!
    Maybe I could take my serving and give the rest to my neighbor...
    [imgIMG_0809_zps47091fb7.jpg
    IMG_0811_zps808efcf7.jpgIMG_0805_zps40cfc5e9.jpg
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Here's a few pics from yesterday's ice cream making.

Toasted coconut - I split this one in half, the one in the picture I mixed in more toasted coconut that one is for my husband, I prefer just the taste of the coconut and not the slivers it ruins the texture for me. But the flavor of this was perfect. Hubby gave me the ultimate compliment on it, said it was better than Talenti caribbean coconut.

igi93a.png

Now for the ice cream inspired by Ambers love of Smores & Rach's suggestion of making toasted marshmallow ice cream. Decided on the toasted marshmallow base, made a basic chocolate sauce that I mixed in with crumbled graham cracker and threw in some chunks of toasted marshmallows at the end. Only had a little of this last night it was still more a soft serve consistency but the flavor YUM!!

az9n61.png

I'll write up both recipes today or tomorrow
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    sorry for the double-dip. The last one is Cio Bello, which I've heard good things about. True? I think the salted caramel sandwich would be better than the key lime, but photo doesn't show it.

The only Ciao Bella I've had was the chocolate hazelnut gelato sandwich and I wasn't a fan. But I've heard good things about the gelato itself in pint form.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    At the local Sprouts store here in SoCal. I knew I'd eat the whole thing of whatever I bought. I need to burn more so I can eat more. How do you guys keep from eating a whole pint?!!
    Maybe I could take my serving and give the rest to my neighbor...

I never really know how to answer this-- I prelog all my food. Hitting fat and protein goals are important. Then I try to get in at least a couple of servings of veggies, preferably more. Then I weigh out my one serving of ice cream/gelato and enjoy it.

If I want more I go for a walk.

But really, it's just that my fitness and aesthetics goals mean more to me than having another serving.