Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Ok you guys, I am going to the grocery store today and I have Talenti on my list because so many people seem to love it. I am 99% sure the store I go to has it (it is a smaller store with specialty brands) so I am hoping I can get it and that it lives up to all the hype. Wish me luck!

Get the caramel and the southern butter pecan. :flowerforyou:

I haven't had the butter pecan yet, but I second the caramel.

You need to get the butter pecan what are you waiting on

My kids and my boss would all knock me out if I put anything else in the freezers! I saw peanut butter and honey ice cream at Safeway tonight, their Open Nature line. It was hard to pass up, but I did. :smile:
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Had a spontaneous bbq with neighbors tonight. They brought Breyer's Reeses Blast ice cream. I can't remember if its been reviewed before but it was pretty tasty with decent size chunks of Reeses... only 170 cals/serving too.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    ^^^ I haven't tried that one yet. I've heard mixed reviews, but since you say it's good, I'm gonna add it to my "to do" list. :smile:

Because I'm a dork, I had to take a picture of this during family game night.

57531650-78a4-451c-baf9-837effe9a745_zpsa8597d85.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    ^^^ I haven't tried that one yet. I've heard mixed reviews, but since you say it's good, I'm gonna add it to my "to do" list. :smile:

YAY!

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

YAY!

I got yelled at for having my phone at the table, because it's my rule, but I had to get the picture! :bigsmile:
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hQPekLlGSr4/UDkypQYTLuI/AAAAAAAABuY/0R2JXMl4mdw/s1600/09.JPG

Trying to post photos (let's see if it works).

Graeters' Black Raspberry is not to be missed. The ice cream has a wonderful intense natural Black Raspberry flavor it doesn't have the fake and overly sweet that you sometimes get from fruit ice cream. It balances really well against the chocolate chips and of course it has Graeter's chocolate chips which are actually huge hunks.

I have a Graeter's a 5 minute walk from my office so I have way too much access.

I have used Graeter's as a conference give-a-way and I always make people take the Black Raspberry Chip (they ship it nationwide on dry ice) and people always love it.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

YAY!

I got yelled at for having my phone at the table, because it's my rule, but I had to get the picture! :bigsmile:

Rules are made to be broken. :wink:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hQPekLlGSr4/UDkypQYTLuI/AAAAAAAABuY/0R2JXMl4mdw/s1600/09.JPG

Graeters' Black Raspberry is not to be missed. The ice cream has a wonderful intense natural Black Raspberry flavor it doesn't have the fake and overly sweet that you sometimes get from fruit ice cream. It balances really well against the chocolate chips and of course it has Graeter's chocolate chips which are actually huge hunks.

I have a Graeter's a 5 minute walk from my office so I have way too much access.

I have used Graeter's as a conference give-a-way and I always make people take the Black Raspberry Chip (they ship it nationwide on dry ice) and people always love it.

I made the picture smaller so the whole thing would show. That does look good. I'm going to have to see if I can find that flavor.

4879614f-0468-4014-9f80-3c72d115c5b3_zpsaafb5c75.jpg
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options

I made the picture smaller so the whole thing would show. That does look good. I'm going to have to see if I can find that flavor.

I'm thinking I've seen that brand at Weis before.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

I'm thinking I've seen that brand at Weis before.

I think Safeway has it, too, but I think they only have 2 or 3 flavors. I need to use up some ice cream before I buy anything new. I have 5 pints in the work freezer! Oops. :bigsmile:
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Quick trip to Walgreens last week turned up this little pint of goodness... turns out my husband has eaten almost the entire pint and I only got a taste last night, but I really liked it. Not much marshmallow flavor, but definitely liked the dark chocolate chunks and graham cracker swirl...

55261d29-3098-427e-a2a4-28137335573e_zps368107fa.jpg

0671d428-8be5-4115-9af3-4de826b00e5d_zps21777cc7.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Quick trip to Walgreens last week turned up this little pint of goodness... turns out my husband has eaten almost the entire pint and I only got a taste last night, but I really liked it. Not much marshmallow flavor, but definitely liked the dark chocolate chunks and graham cracker swirl...

55261d29-3098-427e-a2a4-28137335573e_zps368107fa.jpg

0671d428-8be5-4115-9af3-4de826b00e5d_zps21777cc7.jpg

I saw this when I was getting my HD pralines and cream and considered trying it. Maybe that'll be my next purchase.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Oh my gosh, there are too many choices out there! I'm glad there isn't a Walgreens too close to me. :bigsmile: I had a full serving (from what I can tell) of the Gelato Fiasco peanut butter stracciatella. Next time I'm putting it on a plate so I can lick it clean! I wish the serving size wasn't just "1/2 cup". I ended up visually splitting the pint into 4 and doing it that way. I'll just hope for the best!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Oh my gosh, there are too many choices out there! I'm glad there isn't a Walgreens too close to me. :bigsmile: I had a full serving (from what I can tell) of the Gelato Fiasco peanut butter stracciatella. Next time I'm putting it on a plate so I can lick it clean! I wish the serving size wasn't just "1/2 cup". I ended up visually splitting the pint into 4 and doing it that way. I'll just hope for the best!

I divided by 4 too, but I'm not crazy about that method. I think it came out to 118 grams.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

I divided by 4 too, but I'm not crazy about that method. I think it came out to 118 grams.

Yeah, I think I got 117, so we were close. I'm going to write to them and ask if they have more info. Jeni's was pretty quick to get back to me when they didn't have labels on everything. Hopefully these people will be nice.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I got Haagen-Dasz's Limited Edition Midnight Cookies and cream the other day... it was sooooo good. I went to have it again last night only to find hubby had eaten the rest of it! :explode: So I settled for Turkey Hill's Strawberries n cream.

So tonight I have a choice of Talenti's Fudge Brownie, or Caffe Gelato's Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip (this is a local gelato place who recently started selling pints at Shoprite). Unfortunately the Caffe Gelato has no nutritional information since it's just a local thing. I emailed them, but haven't gotten a response and I don't expect one since it's been 4 days, lol.

I'm thinking of just logging the Talenti for calories and then eating the Caffe Gelato. It can't be too terribly off for calories.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I got Haagen-Dasz's Limited Edition Midnight Cookies and cream the other day... it was sooooo good. I went to have it again last night only to find hubby had eaten the rest of it! :explode: So I settled for Turkey Hill's Strawberries n cream.

So tonight I have a choice of Talenti's Fudge Brownie, or Caffe Gelato's Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip (this is a local gelato place who recently started selling pints at Shoprite). Unfortunately the Caffe Gelato has no nutritional information since it's just a local thing. I emailed them, but haven't gotten a response and I don't expect one since it's been 4 days, lol.

I'm thinking of just logging the Talenti for calories and then eating the Caffe Gelato. It can't be too terribly off for calories.

You need to fire your husband. :wink: I would write to the gelato people again. Maybe your e-mail got buried. That said, I wrote to WonderMade marshmallow people twice, the guy promised he'd get back to me right away, and that was months ago.

ETA I included a link to this group post in my e-mail to Gelato Fiasco, and told them it's all MrM27's fault! :bigsmile: