Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    ^Oh my word. That looks amazing.

Can't figure out why so off center...

Looks like it's just too big. I use photobucket (:grumble: ) and resize to 500 pixels across.

I've resized three times, to 480 and 440 and it just still keeps coming out off center. The other pics did too. Grr....
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Looks like it's just too big. I use photobucket (:grumble: ) and resize to 500 pixels across.

I've resized three times, to 480 and 440 and it just still keeps coming out off center. The other pics did too. Grr....

Did you save it as a new image or replace the old one? If you tell it to replace the old one, it won't actually do it when you link to the photo for several days. This is my biggest gripe about photobucket.
  • WinoGelato
    Options

Did you save it as a new image or replace the old one? If you tell it to replace the old one, it won't actually do it when you link to the photo for several days. This is my biggest gripe about photobucket.

Ding ding ding - that's it! So strange. I just figured replacing the old one was the way to go so I didn't have two pics in my folder. So in a few days these pics will look right? That's bizarre!
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    6fc3ccca-8608-4e83-bab8-36f096833fb3_zpsd278a344.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    6fc3ccca-8608-4e83-bab8-36f096833fb3_zpsd278a344.jpg

Beautiful :heart:

Yeah I usually save the new pic and then I delete the old one. Hassle.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

This whole sizing thing with photobucket was a pain so i started using Imgur. I find it so much easier.

I agree, imgur is better. But then I'd have to re-upload all my gifs. 35 pages worth. :noway:
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Does anybody remember a Haagen Dazs flavor called "Creme Caramel Pecan"? It was the best ice cream I've ever had and was discontinued about 10 years or so ago.

But just a few days ago I found out that HD use to sell it overseas as "Pralines and Creams" and that it might be available here in the states under that name. Has anyone seen the P&C flavor of Haagen Dazs anywhere??
  • Iwishyouwell
    Options
    HD prailens and cream is still around. Or you could just go get butter pecan and add a little caramel to it

What a sweet, sweet revelation! The Butter Pecan isn't the same, even with added caramel, because the pecans in Creme Caramel Pecan/Pralines & Cream are encased in a sweet, praline coating that's amazing.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

Ding ding ding - that's it! So strange. I just figured replacing the old one was the way to go so I didn't have two pics in my folder. So in a few days these pics will look right? That's bizarre!

Well that explains it! I couldn't figure out why it took so long for my stuff to resize. And yes, that crepe looks amAzing!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    How am I only just now finding this group?!! Gosh I'm behind the times!

Anyhow, I've found this gem at Shoprite this past weekend:

raspberry-chokolata-frozen-yogurt.jpg

And, it is REALLY good! The chocolate is really smooth slivers, but not chips like you find in chocolate chip ice cream. And it's a pretty good amount too. I'm not normally a raspberry ice cream fan, so I was a little worried the flavor of it would be too overpowering with not enough chocolate. That definitely was not the case though. It's a really nice mix of raspberry and chocolate. And the texture is nice as well. Win.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Does anybody remember a Haagen Dazs flavor called "Creme Caramel Pecan"? It was the best ice cream I've ever had and was discontinued about 10 years or so ago.

But just a few days ago I found out that HD use to sell it overseas as "Pralines and Creams" and that it might be available here in the states under that name. Has anyone seen the P&C flavor of Haagen Dazs anywhere??

I love that one, I don't think I've seen it in a while though. I think my favorite is still caramel cone, but I can't really fit HD in my days anymore (until I switch to maintenance).
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

And, it is REALLY good! The chocolate is really smooth slivers, but not chips like you find in chocolate chip ice cream. And it's a pretty good amount too. I'm not normally a raspberry ice cream fan, so I was a little worried the flavor of it would be too overpowering with not enough chocolate. That definitely was not the case though. It's a really nice mix of raspberry and chocolate. And the texture is nice as well. Win.

Pro Tip: If you write to Turkey Hill and proclaim your love to them, they will send you coupons. :bigsmile:
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

Pro Tip: If you write to Turkey Hill and proclaim your love to them, they will send you coupons. :bigsmile:

:love:

I may just have to do that!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I'm going to withhold my review of Steve's Salty Caramel until tomorrow, because the serving I got had almost no caramel in it. Hopefully they'll be more farther down in the pint.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Options
    Haven't had that Turkey Hill frozen yogurt, I seldom eat froyo anyway, but Turkey Hill is a solid brand that is often on sale here. By far my favorite TH flavor is:

LEdTHPump-01.png
    I love that one, I don't think I've seen it in a while though. I think my favorite is still caramel cone, but I can't really fit HD in my days anymore (until I switch to maintenance).

Good grief it was my favorite. Basically their still amazing Dulce de Leche mixed with caramelized pecans. I really hope I can find it under the Pralines & Cream label.
    I'm going to withhold my review of Steve's Salty Caramel until tomorrow, because the serving I got had almost no caramel in it. Hopefully they'll be more farther down in the pint.

Ugh. I hate when that happens. We have a local brand here called "White Rose" that makes Moose Track flavor that I really enjoyed. But lately they've changed up the recipe, obviously to cut costs, and the fudge tracks that use to be laced generously all through the 1.5 quart container is mostly clumped in one chunk surrounded by a sea of bland barely-vanilla and far less mini-peanut butter cups.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I will say that the vanilla base is probably my favorite vanilla base I've had to date, so it's still not a total loss, but I think it would be a lot better if there was actually caramel in it.