Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    FYI - I pulled the trigger and got Jeni's Brown butter almond brittle. I had a taste and it was pretty great. It was a little soft so i havent eaten a serving yet. It's in the freezer waiting for me.

Side note: I have issues. This is what I paid for 3 ice creams. $1 off this receipt was Advil.

qqGjX97.jpg?1

Well? I'm dying to know how it is. I really want to try that one but they don't have it at my store.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    The Target mini donut ice cream was very impressive. Pretty low-cal, very creamy and tasty, and the bits of donut were spot on.

I've just discovered that the ice cream maker that I thought I sold at a yard sale last summer was actually still in the recesses of my cabinets. It's a Cuisinart Flavor Duo and it makes 2 flavors at once.

1002584_ICE40_A_400.jpg

Hook me up with some recipes? The more unusual, the better...I found one for basil ice cream, and we have a wealth of basil in our garden.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    The Target mini donut ice cream was very impressive. Pretty low-cal, very creamy and tasty, and the bits of donut were spot on.

I've just discovered that the ice cream maker that I thought I sold at a yard sale last summer was actually still in the recesses of my cabinets. It's a Cuisinart Flavor Duo and it makes 2 flavors at once.

1002584_ICE40_A_400.jpg

Hook me up with some recipes? The more unusual, the better...I found one for basil ice cream, and we have a wealth of basil in our garden.

Oh 2 flavors at once I would get myself into trouble! Check out our recipe thread there's not too many unusual flavors in there but I posted a link for icecreamnation.com and they have some different recipes
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I dipped into that Maple Flavored Jif Whips yesterday and it is badass! I've got the Market Pantty Mini Donuts pre-logged for later. Will report back!

Adding to the grocery list, I've been holding off on buying this so if it sucks it's all your fault :heart:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    FYI - I pulled the trigger and got Jeni's Brown butter almond brittle. I had a taste and it was pretty great. It was a little soft so i havent eaten a serving yet. It's in the freezer waiting for me.

Side note: I have issues. This is what I paid for 3 ice creams. $1 off this receipt was Advil.

qqGjX97.jpg?1

Well? I'm dying to know how it is. I really want to try that one but they don't have it at my store.
    So I did try Jeni's BBAB. The first spoon I was like eh, that's the hype? But the next spoons I was like "Well damn, this ice cream is pretty damn good". Everyone that said that you should try it at least once. I'm glad I got it by I'm not seeing myself paying 14 dollars to get more. I just think that's an abusive price.

That's why you should sign up for their newsletter and wait for them to have a big sale. I feel a "little" better about my Balducci's purchase now. I paid $24.63 for the 3 in the picture I posted last week. I'm not getting that Halo Top again. I was in major distress at the gym! :laugh:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Went to a new grocery store that opened recently in my city, it's sort of a gourmet or specialty grocery store-sort of what I imagine Trader Joe's is like, if we had them in Canada.
    I mostly went to scope out their baked goods and ice cream section. Haha.
    Anyway, I got some hazelnut gelato there that is out of this world. I love hazelnuts so I wasn't disappointed. It is nice and smooth with the occasional chunk of hazelnut. I'll post pictures in a day or 2 :)
    I think I'm going to have to try affogato with this-I love hazelnuts and coffee!

Quoting myself to post pictures of my hazelnut gelato...easily in the top 3 ice cream/gelatos I've ever had.

20140731_030610_zps01555415.jpg

Edited for size, because I can never get the bloody size right..it's probably going to be tiny now haha
    O m g

Srsly

+1

and the pic LolBS posted. Can't type the sound that came out of my mouth.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

qqGjX97.jpg?1

So I did try Jeni's BBAB. The first spoon I was like eh, that's the hype? But the next spoons I was like "Well damn, this ice cream is pretty damn good". Everyone that said that you should try it at least once. I'm glad I got it by I'm not seeing myself paying 14 dollars to get more. I just think that's an abusive price.

I'm mad because I bought one of the brown butter to try and the whole thing is so freezer burned I won't be able to try it. I have the receipt but I won't be back in the area for a couple of weeks so I don't know if I'll bother taking it back.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    My Target doesn't have the Market Pantry donut flavor. I am sad. Oh well, I picked up more hazelnut Talenti.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    My Target doesn't have the Market Pantry donut flavor. I am sad. Oh well, I picked up more hazelnut Talenti.

It's one of the best tasting ice creams I've had. Very similar to Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Buns; except 1/2 the calories :)
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    Went to a new grocery store that opened recently in my city, it's sort of a gourmet or specialty grocery store-sort of what I imagine Trader Joe's is like, if we had them in Canada.
    Anyway, I got some hazelnut gelato there that is out of this world. I love hazelnuts so I wasn't disappointed. It is nice and smooth with the occasional chunk of hazelnut. I'll post pictures in a day or 2 :)
    I think I'm going to have to try affogato with this-I love hazelnuts and coffee!

Quoting myself to post pictures of my hazelnut gelato...easily in the top 3 ice cream/gelatos I've ever had.

Edited for size, because I can never get the bloody size right..it's probably going to be tiny now haha
    O m g

Srsly

+1

huehuehuehuehuehuehue
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

O m g

Srsly

+1

huehuehuehuehuehuehue

That was pretty close...like a breathy kind of huuuuuehuehuehuehueeeee.
  • LolBroScience
    Options

That was pretty close...like a breathy kind of huuuuuehuehuehuehueeeee.

:flowerforyou:
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options

It's one of the best tasting ice creams I've had. Very similar to Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Buns; except 1/2 the calories :)

You had me at tasting like Cinnamon Buns! I might have to make a stop at a Target soon. I also looked at two stores today to see if I could find those Jif Whips you found & found nada.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options

qqGjX97.jpg?1

I'm mad because I bought one of the brown butter to try and the whole thing is so freezer burned I won't be able to try it. I have the receipt but I won't be back in the area for a couple of weeks so I don't know if I'll bother taking it back.

See if you can call into the store & have them write a note of when you'll be back in to get a refund or another package.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

qqGjX97.jpg?1

See if you can call into the store & have them write a note of when you'll be back in to get a refund or another package.

I called and they said they'd replace it. :flowerforyou:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

qqGjX97.jpg?1

I called and they said they'd replace it. :flowerforyou:
    Well that's awesome especially after the price you paid. I'd be irritated and would have gone back the same day.

Side note: I've tried to get Dora to eat different flavors and brands and they just sit in the freezer. She keeps going back to Talenti Caribbean Coconut or Peanut Butter Cup. I give up. She is more of a creature of habit than I am.

I live an hour away from the store so I wasn't really willing to go back today. Otherwise I would have.