Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Mmmm caramel toffee
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Speaking of toffee, I finally located the Turkey Hill Butter Brickle that I've heard so much about. It's decent, but not a favorite. I do like that I feel like I get more quantity-wise than Talenti for the same calories, because let's be honest, I'm not eating just one serving with a low 150 calories/serving. It is tasty and I will be finishing the whole gallon, it's just going to take awhile.

I may give some of these other ice cream flavors a shot. Talenti will still be my first choice, but I have to keep it out of the house for awhile. Husband hurt his back and has had to change up his workout routines to accommodate that, which means deloading. Since he eats the whole Talenti pint at a time, I'm being sneaky and not buying it so he doesn't screw himself over with his adjusted TDEE like I did when I wound up on bed rest.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Speaking of toffee, I finally located the Turkey Hill Butter Brickle that I've heard so much about. It's decent, but not a favorite. I do like that I feel like I get more quantity-wise than Talenti for the same calories, because let's be honest, I'm not eating just one serving with a low 150 calories/serving. It is tasty and I will be finishing the whole gallon, it's just going to take awhile.

I may give some of these other ice cream flavors a shot. Talenti will still be my first choice, but I have to keep it out of the house for awhile. Husband hurt his back and has had to change up his workout routines to accommodate that, which means deloading. Since he eats the whole Talenti pint at a time, I'm being sneaky and not buying it so he doesn't screw himself over with his adjusted TDEE like I did when I wound up on bed rest.

I feel your/his pain-- going from eating the calories of a very active person to eating the calories of an injured mostly sedentary person sucks big time. I'm up to walking something like 35-40 miles per week right now because I want the food but I can't run anymore.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

I thought the butter brickle was good, but it was a little too sweet for me to want to buy it again. You're a good wife. :smile:
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Went to Target & bought the Talenti Hazelnut gelato, Market Pantry Monster Cookie, and found the Jif Whips new flavors.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Okay Jeni's fans-- if I had to choose between the almond brittle and the salty caramel which should I get?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Okay Jeni's fans-- if I had to choose between the almond brittle and the salty caramel which should I get?

I haven't had either one of those. :cry:

ETA ask Sara, I think she's had both.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

I'll see if she's around-- Sara sightings are rare these days.

I really wanted to try the almond brittle. But getting a freezer burned batch may have ruined it for me.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

I really wanted to try the almond brittle. But getting a freezer burned batch may have ruined it for me.

Yeah, I miss her being around more. I would feel the same, especially if the store isn't close by. I did find this though...

http://www.theicecreaminformant.com/2012/07/jenis-splendid-salty-caramel.html

http://www.theicecreaminformant.com/2012/08/review-jenis-splendid-brown-butter.html (340 calories?!)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Yeah, I miss her being around more. I would feel the same, especially if the store isn't close by. I did find this though...

http://www.theicecreaminformant.com/2012/08/review-jenis-splendid-brown-butter.html (340 calories?!)

Cool, thanks! I still can't decide. :laugh:
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

Cool, thanks! I still can't decide. :laugh:

Out of those two flavors i've only had Jeni's salty caramel. it's ok, but i definitely prefer Talenti's sea salt caramel. Jeni's seems to have more smoke than caramel. much tastier if you mix it with a chocolate flavor.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    We are heading off to Puerto Vallarta in the morning. I won't be drinking much alcohol but I do plan to eat plenty of awesome food that I can flood this group with.

Fun! Have a safe trip! Can't wait to see the pics. :bigsmile:
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I blame all of you!

Went to the grocery store and thought of all of you in the ice cream aisle.

Steve's Mexican Chili Chocolate (I didn't know we got Steve's around here) and Jeni's Apricot Yogurt.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Jeni's Apricot Yogurt.

Oh man. I haven't found apricot ice cream/yogurt since I left France. I wish I could find that brand here.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Got this

1671.png

I'm in love. And only 130 calories a serving. It's like frozen chocolate mousse.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Got this

1671.png

I'm in love. And only 130 calories a serving. It's like frozen chocolate mousse.

That's my favorite Edys ever.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Target's Market Pantry Monster Cookie Ice Cream is amazing. It has a 160 calories & has a decent amount of mix-ins.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I have the TJ's Cookie Butter Ice Cream pre-logged for tonight. I'll let you guys know how it is!