Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Thanks to whoever suggested the Edy's Cinnamon Bun Fun ice cream. I cannot believe it's only 110 calories & is actually tasty. That Molten Lava Cake ice cream looks amazing. Might have to get Giant's version of that flavor to try.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Thanks to whoever suggested the Edy's Cinnamon Bun Fun ice cream. I cannot believe it's only 110 calories & is actually tasty. That Molten Lava Cake ice cream looks amazing. Might have to get Giant's version of that flavor to try.

Still can't find that Edy's either! And the flavor isn't even on their website so I can't use the store finder to find it :(
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    In late for the roll!

I want that Coolhaus Molten lava! Yesterday I had Capogiro Strawberry Tequila gelato, sorry no pictures I ate it all before I thought about the pic. In my defense I haven't had any gelato or ice cream in almost a week. Very happy to know my favorite cheese shop now carries Capogiro.

Definitely recommend this nice hint of strawberry with a subtle tequila taste. YUM!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    My husband finished off the Talenti Caribbean Coconut last night (I didn't even have a bowl, he and my 3 year old devoured it in a couple days time) and finally took my suggestion of adding magic shell to it. He let me have a bite (so generous) - it tasted, as I had hoped, exactly like a Mounds candy bar. Have Talenti Lemon, Caramel Cookie Crunch, and some of the Market Pantry Sea Salt Caramel Pretzel still in the freezer. Will probably try to finish one or two of those, but the coconut is a winner for sure!
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Greater's - Peach ice cream - I was told by the guy that works with the ice creams at Fairway that this was really really good. Sad to say, my opinion was not the same. It was very creamy, almost gelato like and the peach based flavor didn't come through like I had expected. At the end of it, it had an after taste that I didn't enjoy. The pieces of peach in it were huge and they weren't terrible but they weren't anything to write home about. If you're looking for a good, sweet, peach ice cream, this isn't it in my opinion.

0h0cIzT.jpg?1

KOR6OJN.jpg?1
    [/quote]

Graeter's Peach is heavily dependent on the annual peach crop, which hasn't been great. Peach has never been a favorite flavor of mine.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Finally got some Talenti peanut butter cup. I like a lot. Not as much as the sea salt caramel, but still, pretty delicious.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Coolhaus - Chocolate Molten Lava Cake - This was amazing. The layers of chocolate were all perfect. The only way I could think to properly describe it is getting your taste buds attacked by chocolate and more chocolate. I highly recommend it if you are a fan of Molten Lava Cake.

T6ULomB.jpg?1

XxLoEVO.jpg?1

:love:

I WANT.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    ^looks interesting, can't wait to see a review.

Nothing exciting to report here. Just trying to eat through what I've got in my freezer so I can try something new.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to find any new or exciting flavors that I haven't already shown ;/
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerry's Candy Bar Pie Limited Batch - Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Fudge Flakes, Chocolate Nougat, and Sweet and Salty Pretzel Swirls, 1/2 cup (101g), 300 cals. The peanut butter ice cream base is similar to a sweet peanut butter (think Skippy or Jif) and has a good lingering peanut taste. The chocolate nougat are light brown swirls running throughout. The chunks of fudge flakes are tasty, chewy dark chocolate and have that slightly bitter dark chocolate aftertaste, which some people may not like. The sweet and salty pretzel swirls are like little pretzel crunches and are a great addition. I give it an A+ (I could eat the entire pint in one sitting). I would vote to have this limited batch become a permanent flavor.

I found B&J Candy Bar Pie when visiting a Giant Food in Alexandria, VA (not my usual one). Giant has had B&J pints on sale 2/$6 for the last few weeks. This has been my most favorite ice cream flavor in a long time. I made room in the deep freezer and bought four more pints (I left one pint for someone else). When I scan the UPC (076840036745) with my Android phone, it comes up as Ben & Jerry's - Greek Frozen Yogurt Cherry Garcia, so I added the correct entry in the Food database.

This is my first try posting a pic - hope it works...

XW1sk2l.jpg?1
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Ben & Jerry's Candy Bar Pie Limited Batch - Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Fudge Flakes, Chocolate Nougat, and Sweet and Salty Pretzel Swirls, 1/2 cup (101g), 300 cals. The peanut butter ice cream base is similar to a sweet peanut butter (think Skippy or Jif) and has a good lingering peanut taste. The chocolate nougat are light brown swirls running throughout. The chunks of fudge flakes are tasty, chewy dark chocolate and have that slightly bitter dark chocolate aftertaste, which some people may not like. The sweet and salty pretzel swirls are like little pretzel crunches and are a great addition. I give it an A+ (I could eat the entire pint in one sitting). I would vote to have this limited batch become a permanent flavor.

I found B&J Candy Bar Pie when visiting a Giant Food in Alexandria, VA (not my usual one). Giant has had B&J pints on sale 2/$6 for the last few weeks. This has been my most favorite ice cream flavor in a long time. I made room in the deep freezer and bought four more pints (I left one pint for someone else). When I scan the UPC (076840036745) with my Android phone, it comes up as Ben & Jerry's - Greek Frozen Yogurt Cherry Garcia, so I added the correct entry in the Food database.

XW1sk2l.jpg?1

Nice review! And welcome. :flowerforyou:
  • Francl27
    Options
    Still no Cinnamon Bun but I found this

3924.png

Wish there were more bits inside, but the base is good, so it's overall pretty satisfying.

I almost got the Boardwalk Wegmans ice cream but I just can't risk a 300 calorie a serving type of ice cream right now.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    The next thing I want to try is Gelato Fiasco Cookie Therapy, but the store to which I go for ice cream keeps being out of it. I might try again with the Jeni's Brown Butter Brittle. I took the freezer burned one back and got a refund but I couldn't get more that day because I had a doctors appointment and it would have had to sit in the car for an hour.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options

XW1sk2l.jpg?1

Will have to look at Giant the next time I'm in. Bought eight Edy's the other day since Weis had a sale.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    f91561ec-658b-409a-bfce-77615388cf77_zps3bd071c7.jpg

Gelato Fiasco Cookie Therapy:

It's good. Nice vanilla base, big chunks of cookie, plenty of cream filling. But it's not any better than the Bluebell version and that one is only 170 calories. Still, it's good and I plan to enjoy every serving.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Here's the Samoa ice cream I made the other day, it's a little too sweet for me but pretty good. Will need to work on the recipe some more though.

1zpr0r6.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    MrM I found the Candy Bar Pie ice cream at Publix and plan to try it tonight. I'm not a huge pretzel person but I do love chocolate nougat.