Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I had a good old custard sundae at Rita's. Vanilla custard, hot caramel and whipped cream in a waffle bowl. Probably 800 calories total but OH SO GOOD.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Bought Talenti Caribbean Coconut, but will have to wait to try it another day.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerry's Candy Bar Pie-- found at Publix

I wasn't convinced that I would like this one because I'm not usually a fan of BJ's peanut butter base. This one doesn't use the same base I've had before though and I loved it. It's more like the Gelato Fiasco peanut butter stracciatella base-- much sweeter. I love the chocolate nougat. My serving didn't have much pretzel in it at all, which was fine with me because I wasn't particularly excited about that part. I got a couple of bites that had pretzel in it but I doubt I would even have noticed if I hadn't been looking for it. There may be more farther down in the pint. The macros kind of suck but are pretty standard for BJ-- 300 calories, 18 grams of fat, 5 grams of protein. Overall I really enjoyed it and am already planning to have it again tomorrow.

986b4205-00d5-48d2-94ac-dc31c1ec2c2a_zps3cd10dd0.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Ben & Jerry's Candy Bar Pie-- found at Publix

I wasn't convinced that I would like this one because I'm not usually a fan of BJ's peanut butter base. This one doesn't use the same base I've had before though and I loved it. It's more like the Gelato Fiasco peanut butter stracciatella base-- much sweeter. I love the chocolate nougat. My serving didn't have much pretzel in it at all, which was fine with me because I wasn't particularly excited about that part. I got a couple of bites that had pretzel in it but I doubt I would even have noticed if I hadn't been looking for it. There may be more farther down in the pint. The macros kind of suck but are pretty standard for BJ-- 300 calories, 18 grams of fat, 5 grams of protein. Overall I really enjoyed it and am already planning to have it again tomorrow.
    Well I know it won't be disappointed when I finally try it but now there is not a doubt in my mind.

Guess I'm driving to Manhattan on Sunday for it.

I think you'll like it. It's not as good as the GF peanut butter base but it is similar, and much better than the BJ Peanut Butter Core base. No comparison there.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Here's the Samoa ice cream I made the other day, it's a little too sweet for me but pretty good. Will need to work on the recipe some more though.

1zpr0r6.jpg

do want!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Haagen Dazs pomegranate gelato?
  • Francl27
    Options
    That Ben and Jerry's Candy Bar Pie is soooooooo good.

I found it but yeah... don't trust myself around 300 calorie a serving ice cream :laugh:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Did yours have pretzel in it? I still haven't really gotten any of that. I love it though-- it's definitely going on my "to buy on the regular" list.

I got Steve's Sunday Morning to try tonight.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Breyer's Tiramisu gelato. I like. A lot.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I don't know what's taking me so long to try Breyers.

I also saw Ben and Jerry's Tiramisu for the first time this weekend.

It's never on sale here, at least the Gelato, so it took me forever to try it. I've tried them all except the vanilla caramel one now (that one is next on my list) and really like them though... especially at 160 calories a serving.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I don't know what's taking me so long to try Breyers.

I also saw Ben and Jerry's Tiramisu for the first time this weekend.

I didn't like the BJ version as well. Although I did like the ladyfingers better.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options

I found it but yeah... don't trust myself around 300 calorie a serving ice cream :laugh:

I like the Cookie Dough ice cream--but, after doing the math, it wasn't THAT good anymore.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Husband went to the grocery store - he's usually terrible about picking out ice cream. Loves eating it, but tends to buy plain vanilla and add stuff to it at home. I gave him clear instructions to get at least one pint of Talenti and to find something else that we've never tried before that looked good. He came home with Edy's Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROGZxxOZffGb1ISO2fVBv0xmI5doxTSgK6QkZFkid60y33-yWSFVilug

It was really good, and only 130 cals/serving! My only complaint was I wish the base was chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla.

Talenti he played it safe with Caramel Cookie Crunch. Not a terrible choice, but not that exciting.

He also made dinner!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Husband went to the grocery store - he's usually terrible about picking out ice cream. Loves eating it, but tends to buy plain vanilla and add stuff to it at home. I gave him clear instructions to get at least one pint of Talenti and to find something else that we've never tried before that looked good. He came home with Edy's Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROGZxxOZffGb1ISO2fVBv0xmI5doxTSgK6QkZFkid60y33-yWSFVilug

It was really good, and only 130 cals/serving! My only complaint was I wish the base was chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla.

Talenti he played it safe with Caramel Cookie Crunch. Not a terrible choice, but not that exciting.

He also made dinner!

He sounds like a keeper!

Edy's is usually a safe choice. I've only had one or two of them that I didn't like-- red velvet tasted like food coloring.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Today I decided to attempt sorbet again, today was success. Mango sorbet

rssc3m.jpg

Made 6 containers so good thing it worked out

ajrsqx.jpg