Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Yes it did I was a little worried with this one I had added some pectin to it so wasn't sure. But yes it came out with a nice texture and subtle taste of the port with the cherries.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I got some Blue Bell Malt Shoppe to try. I'll post a full review later but it's definitely not bad for 170 calories. Not as good as mine. :laugh:
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Couldn't find the post about bargains...so I will post here.

Steve's is on sale at one local grocer for $4.99 a pint.

I will be getting Mexican Chocolate unless someone has a better suggestion?
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Couldn't find the post about bargains...so I will post here.

Steve's is on sale at one local grocer for $4.99 a pint.

I will be getting Mexican Chocolate unless someone has a better suggestion?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1366183-deals

Dear god I hope the supermarkets here have that Steve's sale going on.

The Banana Pudding is literally the best banana ice cream I have ever had.

Salted caramel is awesome. 9/10. Would get a 10 if it's had truffles in it.

Banana Pudding Ice Cream...any chance Steve is single? OMG...if I didn't have to get up early I would go now.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    b46e7068-48eb-40a8-a3a9-b9a5aa72c4c6_zpsd666e28d.jpg

Blue Bell Malt Shoppe. I think this is a new flavor-- I've never seen it before at any rate. It's a milk chocolate malt base with malt balls. The base is good-- light and creamy-- and I like the malt balls, which are smaller than regular Whoppers. It's only 170 calories per serving, which is not bad. It beats the pants off the Three Twins version, which didn't have any mix-ins and had kind of a grainy texture going on. But it's lacking complexity of flavor. I think that my homemade version is much better. But this is great for nights with less calories or when there's not time to make ice cream from scratch.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Hi. First post here... I feel home :flowerforyou:

I wanted to share this oh-so-yum thing I had recently:
    Pumpkin gelato (flavoured with balsamic vinegar) and Sachertorte. It had real cake chunks in which really tasted like Sacher, not generic chocolate cake (which would have been yummy too).

2014-09-19_15-34-38_954.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Hi. First post here... I feel home :flowerforyou:

I wanted to share this oh-so-yum thing I had recently:
    Pumpkin gelato (flavoured with balsamic vinegar) and Sachertorte. It had real cake chunks in which really tasted like Sacher, not generic chocolate cake (which would have been yummy too).

2014-09-19_15-34-38_954.jpg

Those sound really interesting but I'm not sure about pumpkin and chocolate together?.. I trust your palate though!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I don't like pumpkin all that much but that looks amazing.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    ^ YUM.

Those sound really interesting but I'm not sure about pumpkin and chocolate together?.. I trust your palate though!
    I was skeptical too. But I really really really wanted to try the pumpkin and I picked a random flavour which I hadn't tried yet (it's currently my favourite gelato place so I want to try all the things). They were good together, anyway :wink:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    The beginning of my attempt at sangria sorbet, posting this just cause it looks pretty. It's got a bottle of wine, splash of rum, lots of fruit, a little sprite, sugar, gelatin, pectin... I'll write a recipe if it works

It's churning now we'll see if it sets up properly if not I will be swapping dinner for sangria slushies tonight.

2vv6pz5.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Ok friends, need some suggestions. I am hosting my book club on Thursday night and making an Italian themed dinner. For dessert, I think I'm going to go to the neighborhood gelateria and get an assortment of flavors. It's only 10 people, so we don't need a ton, and they sell pints as the largest size. They will have all the traditional flavors, but it does rotate daily.

I tend to gravitate toward salted caramel, and chocolate flavored gelatos. I will probably get Straciatella and Salted Caramel if they have them both. Any other suggestions on a fruitier flavor that is a tried and true? My kids always pick lemon gelato. I guess I could get that... I will probably get 4 pints total. I'm also going to either get Italian cookies/cannolis from the local bakery, or I may make Brown Butter Snickerdoodles (Acrylics!)

Now I'm excited to go gelato shopping!!!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Ok friends, need some suggestions. I am hosting my book club on Thursday night and making an Italian themed dinner. For dessert, I think I'm going to go to the neighborhood gelateria and get an assortment of flavors. It's only 10 people, so we don't need a ton, and they sell pints as the largest size. They will have all the traditional flavors, but it does rotate daily.

I tend to gravitate toward salted caramel, and chocolate flavored gelatos. I will probably get Straciatella and Salted Caramel if they have them both. Any other suggestions on a fruitier flavor that is a tried and true? My kids always pick lemon gelato. I guess I could get that... I will probably get 4 pints total. I'm also going to either get Italian cookies/cannolis from the local bakery, or I may make Brown Butter Snickerdoodles (Acrylics!)

Strawberry Tequila Sorbet was really good, so something along that line might be a nice contrast. Or a tropical fruit sorbet. The salted caramel will go first might want to get 2 of those.

Cannolis and Brown butter snickerdoodles :)
  • WinoGelato
    Options

Strawberry Tequila Sorbet was really good, so something along that line might be a nice contrast. Or a tropical fruit sorbet. The salted caramel will go first might want to get 2 of those.

I don't know if they have more seasonal flavors, I haven't been in a while. I love coconut and mango together, but that seems pretty summery. Good point about needing two salted caramels. I do also have a couple of unopened pints of Talenti in my basement freezer, so I could always pull those out.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options

I don't know if they have more seasonal flavors, I haven't been in a while. I love coconut and mango together, but that seems pretty summery. Good point about needing two salted caramels. I do also have a couple of unopened pints of Talenti in my basement freezer, so I could always pull those out.

What time do we show up?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    It's not entirely set up yet, but had to taste test it. Quality control purposes only of course. Another couple hours and it should be perfect.

15zfa75.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

I gravitate toward chocolate and caramel too but I'm excited to see what you do. And YAY for brown butter snickerdoodles! I'm going to try them as a roll out cookie for my first paying gig. I told them I didn't know if it would work but that's what they wanted so we'll see.
  • WinoGelato
    Options

What time do we show up?

LOL. I'm pretty excited about my menu. I don't cook as much as I would like and book club gives me an opportunity to make things my family won't eat.

Antipasti Platter
    Proscuitto and Fontina Wrapped Chicken
    Parmesan Roasted Zucchini
    Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
    Bread with garlic herb butter
    Dessert
    Wine
    Wine
    Wine