Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I always lick the bowl. :blush:

Thanks for the review auddi-- I saw that one when I went to Trader Joe's a couple of weeks ago but I only had room in my cooler for one and I wanted to try the cookie butter.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Thanks for the review auddi-- I saw that one when I went to Trader Joe's a couple of weeks ago but I only had room in my cooler for one and I wanted to try the cookie butter.

You need a bigger cooler! Their pumpkin is also very tasty.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

You need a bigger cooler! Their pumpkin is also very tasty.

Next time I might take Mr. Acrylics'-- it's much bigger. I was expecting the cookie butter ice cream to come in a pint and I can fit two pints in mine.

Still no luck locating the Talenti eggnog. I might try Target this weekend.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Jeni's better be as good as you have all said. Finding out I could order it online may become a bit scary.

Just ordered: Brown Butter Almond Brittle, the Thanksgiving collection & another Holiday collection ... won't be telling my husband how much I spent on gelato but I will be happy
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Jeni's better be as good as you have all said. Finding out I could order it online may become a bit scary.

Just ordered: Brown Butter Almond Brittle, the Thanksgiving collection & another Holiday collection ... won't be telling my husband how much I spent on gelato but I will be happy

When I first tried it I felt kind of meh about it because it had been built up so much. And I think I said I wouldn't buy it again. And then I ate the rest of that pint, and not too much later I went back for another one. This weekend I got two more. :blush:

The one I've had is brambleberry crisp, but I got the brown butter almond brittle and salty caramel to try.

• GiveMeCoffee
    Options

When I first tried it I felt kind of meh about it because it had been built up so much. And I think I said I wouldn't buy it again. And then I ate the rest of that pint, and not too much later I went back for another one. This weekend I got two more. :blush:

The one I've had is brambleberry crisp, but I got the brown butter almond brittle and salty caramel to try.

I couldn't choose and had to make sure it was worth the shipping charge (yea justification of spending way too much)

The ones I got are: brown butter almond brittle, buttercup pumpkin with amaretti cookies, whiskey & pecans, Middlewest whiskey egg nog, sweet corn & black raspberries, rumball, lemon buttermilk tart, cranberry parfait, and Triumph
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    ^That reminds me why I wanted to go to Fresh Market. Hopefully it's cheaper to get in store than to order online. Those prices are crazy!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    ^That reminds me why I wanted to go to Fresh Market. Hopefully it's cheaper to get in store than to order online. Those prices are crazy!

Yea they are nuts and I won't do it again but figured if I was ordering might as well do it right. I don't think it's much cheaper in the stores but you don't pay $13 shipping either.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

It's 11.99 at Fresh Market. But there's no shipping so there's that.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Gonna post this in a couple of spots but thought it was relevant here since you guys are talking about Jeni's Brown Butter Ice Cream...

http://www.tastingtable.com/entry_detail/national/18307/recipes_home/How_to_Make_Brown_Butter_and_Pecan_Ice_Cream.htm

Also, did I tell you they are opening a Jeni's here in St. Louis? Super excited for that!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    8f343b79-46e0-4ef7-8f0b-c7f07d488829_zps5fef6ac2.jpg

Up tonight: Jeni's Salty Caramel

Complex flavor isn't really something I require in ice cream but it's nice when it happens-- this one has it. It's a good thing too, because usually I don't like ice cream without mix-ins very much. The flavor has the obvious notes but it also has this interesting burnt flavor. I don't mean that badly, it's a burnt flavor like toasted marshmallow has. Very interesting. I don't think it beats out Talenti's salted caramel flavor, but it's definitely good.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Okay guys I am a first time Talenti....it was sooo damn good! xxvqhovx1xj0.jpg
    I went with this one! I'm a fan....

Then my son gets a bowl of Publix birthday cake ice cream and I had to have some of that. I happen to be an all things birthday cake lover.
    e7sote0o3hgy.jpg
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    ^^^ don't judge my baby bowl and spoon lol
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Today's Talenti purchase (I did screw up I thought I got a salted caramel... but I guess I picked up coconut blaming this on being on my 1st pot of coffee before dealing with people)

dwck6v.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Today's Talenti purchase (I did screw up I thought I got a salted caramel... but I guess I picked up coconut blaming this on being on my 1st pot of coffee before dealing with people)

dwck6v.jpg

I'm over hear pouting over everyone who can get all the seasonal flavors. :grumble:

I'm interested to hear your review of the mango-- that's one flavor I haven't heard anyone rave about.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

dwck6v.jpg

I'm over hear pouting over everyone who can get all the seasonal flavors. :grumble:

I'm interested to hear your review of the mango-- that's one flavor I haven't heard anyone rave about.

That Alphonso Mango is quite possibly one of the worst things I've ever tasted.

I agree, I think the Mango is horrible, but my husband is very strange and it's his favorite (the only thing that showed his good taste is marrying me).

I would not recommend it to anyone :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Dammit how embarrassing. "Over here. :blush:

They need to give me back my ninja-mod-edit powers ASAP.