Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Ew. Why does mango anything exist? Though I almost picked up the coconut one yesterday, and instead went with this:

ll1ro7q288di.jpg

Graeter's Pumpkin ice cream. It's been a year and it tastes better than ever. Now if only I had some whipped cream for it!
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    No photo handy, but my wife brought home some Tillamook ice cream because it was on a crazy sale. Not sure if you all a ways from the west coast have seen this -- Tillamook to me is a brand associated with cheese (cheddar, in particular), and maybe cream - basically dairy, but never really ice cream before several months' back in my view.

Had a bit of the ridiculously-wordily-titled "Oregon Hazelnuts & Salted Caramel." Very well done! Basically a salted caramel base with tons of little tiny bits of ground hazelnut. Will devour again and again.

One of my daughters also tried the Tillamook Mint Chocolate Chip and exclaimed with a bit of a shock upon opening the carton "it's not green! It looks like normal chocolate chip." No green dye. She tasted it and said "But it's really minty!"
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I imagine the Mango tastes as awful as the Talenti Lemon, so I will definitely pass.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for all the seasonal xmas flavors.... mmm....

I've been living it up on Pumpkin Pie for the past 4 or so days, but we finally finished off the last of it last night.

Today I restocked my freezer with good 'ole Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Up tonight: Jeni's Brown Butter Almond Brittle

9c87be8f-57f1-485c-b534-407bef9fae0f_zps32c65624.jpg

My first experience with this was not good-- I bought it a couple of months ago, brought it home and took a bite only to discover that it was badly freezer burned. I took it back and got a refund (because $12/pint) but they didn't have any more pints of it that didn't have the same problem so I passed on getting more. I went back to Fresh Market the other day hunting for the seasonal Talenti and they didn't have any so I decided to try this one again.

I'm glad I did-- I really liked it. My favorite part was the crunchy bits of brittle. It had a sweet ribbon very similar to Haagen Dazs pralines and cream, which is probably my favorite ice cream at the moment. I didn't get a ton of brown butter flavor from it though-- I would have liked to have tasted that more. It was worth the 300 calories to me. I don't know that I'll get it again only because it is very similar to the pralines and cream and I think that one is slightly better, at least for me. But you still can't go wrong with this one.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    raspberry cheesecake talenti gelato is my new favorite….= da bomb yo!!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Picked up the Somoa Breyer's blast, and I was a little put off at first. It has a very strong toasted coconut flavor to the ice cream, but then I got to a chunck of the cookie. And then all was right in the world. It's a small serving size, but the calories are pretty low to reflect that. 60ish grams in a serving for 140 calories. It's about comparable to others that usually have serving sizes of 90-100 grams for 200-230 calories. Maybe next time I'll just do 1.5 servings, but even my one serving today put me a little over. :sad:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    raspberry cheesecake talenti gelato is my new favorite….= da bomb yo!!

Where did you find this?? I thought we decided it didn't exist

Was it the raspberries & cream?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Tried the Talenti peppermint bark the texture is great perfectly creamy but sadly the taste reminded me of medicine. Will not be buying this again and hopefully can pawn off the rest on my husband
  • GiveMeCoffee
    edited November 2014
    Options

My first experience with this was not good-- I bought it a couple of months ago, brought it home and took a bite only to discover that it was badly freezer burned. I took it back and got a refund (because $12/pint) but they didn't have any more pints of it that didn't have the same problem so I passed on getting more. I went back to Fresh Market the other day hunting for the seasonal Talenti and they didn't have any so I decided to try this one again.

I'm glad I did-- I really liked it. My favorite part was the crunchy bits of brittle. It had a sweet ribbon very similar to Haagen Dazs pralines and cream, which is probably my favorite ice cream at the moment. I didn't get a ton of brown butter flavor from it though-- I would have liked to have tasted that more. It was worth the 300 calories to me. I don't know that I'll get it again only because it is very similar to the pralines and cream and I think that one is slightly better, at least for me. But you still can't go wrong with this one.

Great review I can't wait to try this when my order gets here.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    dunnodunno wrote: »
    I imagine the Mango tastes as awful as the Talenti Lemon, so I will definitely pass.

My kids loved the Talenti lemon but they are weird.

How can one company get so many things right, and a few things so terribly, terribly wrong?

• WinoGelato
    Options
    People! Stop it with the Christmas flavors. I don't want to hear anything more about Eggnog and Peppermint until after Thanksgiving. That is an order!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    People! Stop it with the Christmas flavors. I don't want to hear anything more about Eggnog and Peppermint until after Thanksgiving. That is an order!

But I was thinking tonight of doing pumpkin pie & egg nog
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options

I am going to look for this one. I looked it up and looks like they have it at a super Target close to me. I wonder if it taste anything like Friendly's butter crunch ice cream. I would like to find similar to that.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    KylaDenay wrote: »

I am going to look for this one. I looked it up and looks like they have it at a super Target close to me. I wonder if it taste anything like Friendly's butter crunch ice cream. I would like to find similar to that.

I have never tried that Friendlys flavor but I'm going to go out on a limb and say they won't compare. This Jeni's ice cream for me has been the absolute cleanest most pure ice cream flavor I've had to date. I'm not saying clean or dirty food, don't get me wrong. I'm just saying that when I paid 14 dollars for it I was a bit irritated but after tasting it, I could see why it's priced that way.
    Oh I most definitely do not mean similar as in quality. I mean similar as in...hmmm how do I say it...as in brittle butter type ice creams. I am sure that this will beat it in quality and taste, cause Friendly's...well it's Friendly's, not top of the line anything. I love any ice cream with the word butter in it and has those pieces of brittle. Guess that is what I meant. Yeah :smile:

I have never paid more than $8 for ice cream before, so it better be amazing.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

But I was thinking tonight of doing pumpkin pie & egg nog

<grumbles> Ok. But if you start singing Christmas carols I'm going to come to NJ and steal all your Jeni's like the Grinch freaking took that tree from little Cindy Lou Who's house.