cocolate peanut butter ice cream/thats tastes like ice cream!

Options
poohpoohpeapod
poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
1 large very ripe banana, 1/4 cup silk chocolate almond milk, 2tbs cocoa powder 1 tablespoon truvia, 1 tbs natural peanut butter. Process all together Taste sweeten more if needed freeze, stir about 30 minutes in. freeze 2 hours. chocolate Peanut buttery tastes like rich ice cream//note I double the recipe as it is sooooo good!! I dare you to distiguish between this, and premiun ice cream.

Replies

• tammienichols
    tammienichols Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy
  • HaideeJo13
    HaideeJo13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    just curious have you figured out the calories in it? I don't want to do the math if i do not have to lol
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    1 large very ripe banana, 1/4 cup silk chocolate almond milk, 2tbs cocoa powder 1 tablespoon truvia, 1 tbs natural peanut butter. Process all together Taste sweeten more if needed freeze, stir about 30 minutes in. freeze 2 hours. chocolate Peanut buttery tastes like rich ice cream//note I double the recipe as it is sooooo good!! I dare you to distiguish between this, and premiun ice cream.

If you can't tell that frozen mashed banana isn't premium ice cream, you need to buy better ice cream
  • HaideeJo13
    Options

If you can't tell that frozen mashed banana isn't premium ice cream, you need to buy better ice cream

Are you kidding me? Is your point on here just to retaliate against EVERYTHING people say? It sounds to me like you are one very unhappy women that needs to make herself feel better by giving your NEGATIVE two cents in on everything.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    HaideeJo13 wrote: »

Are you kidding me? Is your point on here just to retaliate against EVERYTHING people say? It sounds to me like you are one very unhappy women that needs to make herself feel better by giving your NEGATIVE two cents in on everything.

I'm very happy but thanks for the concern. If you like lying to yourself go for it, but don't make claims that mashed bananas or arctic zero are as good as premium ice cream.
  • HaideeJo13
    Options
    I have never claimed it is as good as anything. Not once! I have seen your post on many things now and all they are either negative or poking at peoples opinions. I am done giving you the attention you are obviously searching for!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

challenge accepted…

gelato is better…

sorry OP …

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    just curious have you figured out the calories in it? I don't want to do the math if i do not have to lol

The recipe as posted is 266 calories (I used the recipe builder). Double it, as OP has done, we're talking 532 calories. I don't know what the volume yield is on this, but 1/2 cup servings of premium chocolate ice cream are in the 200-240 calorie range.

This isn't necessarily a calorie saver over premium ice creams. It's a good sweet treat for vegans and those with dairy allergies/intolerance, but that's about it.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    I have never claimed it is as good as anything. Not once! I have seen your post on many things now and all they are either negative or poking at peoples opinions. I am done giving you the attention you are obviously searching for!

The OP did make that claim and that is what I responded to you felt the need to tell me I am so unhappy blah blah blah.

Well maybe you should stick around all I've seen you do is push arctic zero
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

The recipe as posted is 266 calories (I used the recipe builder). Double it, as OP has done, we're talking 532 calories. I don't know what the volume yield is on this, but 1/2 cup servings of premium chocolate ice cream are in the 200-240 calorie range.

This isn't necessarily a calorie saver over premium ice creams. It's a good sweet treat for vegans and those with dairy allergies/intolerance, but that's about it.

ha, talenti is about 200 to 260 per half cup …so that would be about the same as OP concoction...
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

ha, talenti is about 200 to 260 per half cup …so that would be about the same as OP concoction...

Yep. I'll take the Talenti PB cup, please! I can have 1/2 the pint for 520 calories, and it's Ahhhmazing! Great thing about gelato (IME) is it's so rich, I can't ever eat a whole pint in a sitting (I've tried, oh, I've tried). 1/4 to 1/2 of the container is plenty enough a treat!
  • HaideeJo13
    Options

Thanks for sharing! I am sure there are people out there who will be very interested in tying this. It great to have people who give some other options to try!