Share Your Sweets!

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Breakfast this morning. I had the cannoli donut (bottom left) and the black raspberry jam one. Tasty, but my favorite is still Boston Cream (middle).

n6qy8qfqpntk.jpg

Where are people getting these cannoli donuts?!

Also, IN for cookie butter cups!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    Breakfast this morning. I had the cannoli donut (bottom left) and the black raspberry jam one. Tasty, but my favorite is still Boston Cream (middle).

n6qy8qfqpntk.jpg

I know! I've never heard of them here. Must procure some.

Also, I meant to share this here earlier but I lost count, but I made my 3000th post today..here's to having no life! I wanted to make my 3000th post in this group because you guys are the shiznat, but instead I goofed up and wasted it on some sarcastic remark in the main forums. Oops.
    Here's some chocolate in celebration:
    200_s.gif

Congrats on 3000 posts! Was it your comment about defeatist attitudes to that guy in the "eat nothing or junk" thread? Because I laughed at your comment I said the same thing to myself when I saw his post.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

n6qy8qfqpntk.jpg

It's a small local donut shop. But I was disappointed, might be because I had a fantastic cannoli on Saturday though...
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

n6qy8qfqpntk.jpg

Also, I meant to share this here earlier but I lost count, but I made my 3000th post today..here's to having no life! I wanted to make my 3000th post in this group because you guys are the shiznat, but instead I goofed up and wasted it on some sarcastic remark in the main forums. Oops.
    200_s.gif

Congrats on 3000 posts! Was it your comment about defeatist attitudes to that guy in the "eat nothing or junk" thread? Because I laughed at your comment I said the same thing to myself when I saw his post.

No I think that was like my 2999th one..haha. That guy bugs me though. He pops up every few months with the same boo hoo woe is me routine. I can't believe I used my 3000th post on a sarcastic remark. Wait, yes I can.

I know exactly what you mean. "If I can't eat the whole gallon of ice cream I will derive no pleasure whatsoever from a single serving therefore I am doomed to always be fat".

He should chime into the Set Point discussion because I believe that's another one of his go to arguments for why he will always be obese. Plus people are talking about whether or not it is worth eating a small slice of cheesecake if you can't have half the pan.

• dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options

n6qy8qfqpntk.jpg

200_s.gif

No I think that was like my 2999th one..haha. That guy bugs me though. He pops up every few months with the same boo hoo woe is me routine. I can't believe I used my 3000th post on a sarcastic remark. Wait, yes I can.

I know exactly what you mean. "If I can't eat the whole gallon of ice cream I will derive no pleasure whatsoever from a single serving therefore I am doomed to always be fat".

He should chime into the Set Point discussion because I believe that's another one of his go to arguments for why he will always be obese. Plus people are talking about whether or not it is worth eating a small slice of cheesecake if you can't have half the pan.

On Entertainment Tonight they showed a clip that basically had Mama Boo Boo Bear w/e her name is claiming that 'fame' caused her daughter to be obese at the age of 9-10.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

n6qy8qfqpntk.jpg

200_s.gif

I feel that way about a few things, like breakfast cereal. But you don't hear me whining about it-- if I really wanted it I'd have that instead of ice cream.
  • Francl27
    Options

n6qy8qfqpntk.jpg

200_s.gif

I actually started a discussion like that last time... I wanted to buy some brownies but basically it was 280 calories for 3 bites and then frankly, no, for me it wasn't worth it (of course there's the fact that I would have had to buy a whole box of it). Wegmans sells mini danishes at 170 calories that you seriously eat in 2 bites and not only it's not satisfying, it's frustrating for me because it makes me crave it more... and buying two doesn't cut it because you have too much dough and not enough filling.

I mean, I'm not talking about eating half the pan, but a portion big enough to satisfy me (and honestly that portion size will vary from day to day).

But then some people said they feel the same way about pizza, that only having two slices is not worth it, and frankly I just had to shake my head... 2 bites of something /= 2 slices of something.

I guess it's the great thing about ice cream, it's just much easier to have a satisfying ice cream portion.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    mhr2z6ds7nym.jpg

White chocolate berry muffins.

3x1k8s0imhzf.jpg

And pecan and oat crusted french toast.

Both very tasty.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »
    mhr2z6ds7nym.jpg

White chocolate berry muffins.

3x1k8s0imhzf.jpg

And pecan and oat crusted french toast.

Both very tasty.

The muffins look delicious! Plus bacon!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

n6qy8qfqpntk.jpg

I found the cannoli donut at a little bakery around here, but they are becoming more popular.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Book club last night, the hostess got dessert from a local cupcake bakery...fbikqkeg2twz.jpg
    xh5cbuqg3ah5.jpg

I had half a red velvet and half an Italian cream cupcake...

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Those are super cute.

Daiako, I've never thought to crust my french toast-- must try.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I had one of these

zeppole3.jpg

Totally forgot to take a picture because I was too busy nomming it.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    I made coconut lime bars and snickerdoodle cookies this afternoon. I was out of parchment paper, so the cookies ended up crunchier than what I prefer, but still good. gs2q63ao14ec.jpg
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I had one of these

zeppole3.jpg

I have no idea what this is, but I want one!
  • Francl27
    edited February 2015
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    I had one of these

zeppole3.jpg

I have no idea what this is, but I want one!

I had to Google it! It's a St Joseph day zeppole. A traditional pastry in Italy for St Joseph (March 19th). Basically choux pastry dough that's fried and mine was filled with cannoli cream. It was that or regular pastry cream. Cannoli won.

Only issue is that I had to totally guess the calories as there was only one entry in the database and it's probably not accurate at all, but heck. It was worth it. It was from a local Italian bakery.

Oh that coconut sheet cake looks fantastic, by the way. And I prefer crispy cookies... lol.