Share Your Sweets!

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Those look so amazing Amber. You should be so proud! Seriously, I remember when you were just baking for yourself wondering if anyone would actually purchase your stuff, and now look where you are!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    The pineapple toppers look so pretty.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Found something from my Christmas stocking that I had forgotten! Did you know that Jelly Belly's only have 4 calories each?

Beer flavor!

63qjxzk933qz.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    Found something from my Christmas stocking that I had forgotten! Did you know that Jelly Belly's only have 4 calories each?

Beer flavor!

63qjxzk933qz.jpg

That is adorable. How do they taste?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Those look so amazing Amber. You should be so proud! Seriously, I remember when you were just baking for yourself wondering if anyone would actually purchase your stuff, and now look where you are!

:blush: Well, I am still wondering if people will purchase my stuff. :laugh: But I guess I've done alright so far.
    emily_stew wrote: »
    Still here...just creepin'. Amber those cupcakes are truly works of art. Edible works of art, the best kind!
    The pineapple toppers look so pretty.

Thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

Beer flavor!

63qjxzk933qz.jpg

Meh. It's a little odd. A little bit sweet, and a little bit like a weak beer. More cool for the cuteness than the flavor, honestly.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Irish Cream Cheesecake from Costco. Not my favorite, but not too bad.

zbXuQNV.png
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    A couple months ago I got a gift certificate to a fancy french bakery at a party I went to. Today I finally ran out at lunch to see what they had. Oh my goodness, such a cute place! Very shabby chic! The custom cakes and pastries were amazing. I got quite a few things, spent more than my gift certificate, but most of it is for the family for breakfast and stuff tomorrow...

Things I did get:
    Macarons. Clockwise from top left: Red velvet, devil's food, earl grey creme, strawberry cheesecake, raspberry key lime, confetti cake.
    f23879fa-bf11-4735-b76b-2377fc1f3a49_zpsy5djy8bz.jpg

Assorted breakfast pastries: pain au chocolat (got two), a savory muffin with bacon, corn and jalapeno, and olive oil cake with citrus lavender glaze.
    4A3C7F75-9D0D-4F6C-A168-517C668C9F32_zpscuijwsiq.jpg

Not pictured that I bought - homemade caramel corn and some amaretti cookies.

Other things I didn't buy...
    These amazingly decadent looking pastries. The left one was called Mille Cheesecake, it is layers of crepes with something like a cheesecake filling. It looked outstanding. The one on the right was pâte à choux dough filled with salted caramel filling and dark chocolate ganache in between. I actually can't believe I didn't buy this, thinking back on it now. I was kind of in a hurry, feeling overwhelmed, and panicked with my choices. Plus the price wasn't on anything!

de976b31-8dd4-4605-89d3-524681604aad_zpsh7yeoccc.jpg

The dark chocolate croissant's that they call "Darkness". Looked fantastic but I think it would have been too much, even for me...
    e2fef808-e534-4cba-9011-ee1e4e31a4c2_zpsk47mo83w.jpg

Wedding cakes, handbag, and shoe cakes..... so cute!

16F46804-17B0-4C07-AF1A-B44B53A0579D_zpsysfikhpa.jpg

c0673548-1eb8-4330-9bf3-92f901ca5896_zpsiz3h9xgr.jpg

cb5d962c-7cca-479b-9f5d-e78317a219d9_zps1l40esqd.jpg
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    OMG those cakes look so realistic!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Oh my word-- I think I'd move in.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Those handbag cakes are unreal LOL!

I would have a hard time deciding what I would want to get. So much yummyness.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Beer flavor!

63qjxzk933qz.jpg

Meh. It's a little odd. A little bit sweet, and a little bit like a weak beer. More cool for the cuteness than the flavor, honestly.

I was afraid of that.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I thought there was a way to upload a picture from your phone, but I don't see that option now. I wanted to show my goodies from Georgetown Cupcake. Guess I'll have to wait ti Monday. Those cakes are amazing, as are Acrylics' cupcakes. They present better than anything I've seen at Georgetown, for sure!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Oh wow all that stuff looks delicious. What's funny to me though is that for a French bakery, there isn't much that is actually traditionally French, lol. Macaroons (that don't come in that flavor) and chocolate croissant (regular ones), that's about it.

I can't believe you didn't buy that salted caramel and chocolate pate a choux thing though (they're called 'religieuses' but typically don't look that way and don't come in those flavors).
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Those cakes are too cute!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Here are my goodies from Friday. Coffee cookies & cream and chocolate chip peanut butter twist cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcake, and an adorable little mango coconut rice pudding from Shophouse, which was like a Chipotle type place. It was like 3 bites, but it was delicious! Acrylics needs to show Georgetown Cupcake how it's done.

cupcakes_zpsw0a21xoh.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I use one of their recipes (gingerbread). I thought I was using their red velvet recipe but it turns out I had accidentally changed it significantly and when I tried it correctly I didn't like it as well.

I'm kind of afraid to try the well known cupcake places now. I tried one in Charleston, SC that had been on Cupcake Wars and gotten rave reviews from celebrities and all, and I thought it was pretty meh.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I use one of their recipes (gingerbread). I thought I was using their red velvet recipe but it turns out I had accidentally changed it significantly and when I tried it correctly I didn't like it as well.

I'm kind of afraid to try the well known cupcake places now. I tried one in Charleston, SC that had been on Cupcake Wars and gotten rave reviews from celebrities and all, and I thought it was pretty meh.
    Ha, you've ruined yourself. Of course, that will likely save you money in the long run; man those cupcake places are pricey!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Ha, you've ruined yourself. Of course, that will likely save you money in the long run; man those cupcake places are pricey!

True. I told Mr Acrylics I'm pretty sure it's the epitome of arrogance to feel that my cupcakes are better than places that have been on Food network, but I can't help it. It is what it is.