Share Your Sweets!

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    These aren't super pretty (or at least, they look the same as any other of my cupcakes) but they were super good. I have been looking for a good lemon cupcake recipe-- I've tried 3 and disliked them all. I like really soft, light, fluffy cake and so anything dense is a no-go. Especially with lemon. This one is perfect.

1mlx01ryzdrv.jpg

Here's the recipe I used:

http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2014/07/17/raspberry-lemon-cupcakes/

I didn't do the raspberry icing because I didn't have any raspberry jam, so I just made lemon buttercream instead.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I think it looks gorgeous!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Thanks guys. This week I'm going to try the cadbury egg stuffed cupcakes and see how that goes.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OMG Amber that looks amazing and your description sounds delicious!
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    These aren't super pretty (or at least, they look the same as any other of my cupcakes) but they were super good. I have been looking for a good lemon cupcake recipe-- I've tried 3 and disliked them all. I like really soft, light, fluffy cake and so anything dense is a no-go. Especially with lemon. This one is perfect.

1mlx01ryzdrv.jpg

Here's the recipe I used:

http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2014/07/17/raspberry-lemon-cupcakes/

I didn't do the raspberry icing because I didn't have any raspberry jam, so I just made lemon buttercream instead.

Mmm lemon cake. Yummy (and pretty)
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. This week I'm going to try the cadbury egg stuffed cupcakes and see how that goes.

That sounds awesome!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    dunnodunno wrote: »

That sounds awesome!

I can't decide whether it sounds awesome or awful. I guess we'll find out!
  • auddii
    Options
    So, I posted your idea of Cadbury egg cupcakes to a friends fb page because she makes tons of cupcake. Another friend posted Cadbury 'scotch' eggs. I was horrified until I realized they were coated in cookie pieces and not sausage...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    So, I posted your idea of Cadbury egg cupcakes to a friends fb page because she makes tons of cupcake. Another friend posted Cadbury 'scotch' eggs. I was horrified until I realized they were coated in cookie pieces and not sausage...

lmao
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Okay, so I tried the cadbury egg stuffed cupcakes. They're good, but I think they could be a lot better. I'm not too thrilled with the cake recipe that I used-- I couldn't use my standard chocolate because it's a thin batter and the instructions said that the batter needs to be thick so the egg doesn't wobble around. But I think I want to try it with my butter cake batter, which is thick and is also a much milder flavor-- I feel like the cadbury egg got lost with the chocolate cake. So now I'm thinking butter cake, white frosting, drizzle of chocolate ganache on top. Also, my eggs sank! I think I needed to spoon more batter into the tin before putting them in.

But anyway, it was still pretty damn good. Here are the pics.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Looks good! Not fond of Cadbury eggs though.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I tried the cadbury egg stuffed cupcakes. They're good, but I think they could be a lot better. I'm not too thrilled with the cake recipe that I used-- I couldn't use my standard chocolate because it's a thin batter and the instructions said that the batter needs to be thick so the egg doesn't wobble around. But I think I want to try it with my butter cake batter, which is thick and is also a much milder flavor-- I feel like the cadbury egg got lost with the chocolate cake. So now I'm thinking butter cake, white frosting, drizzle of chocolate ganache on top. Also, my eggs sank! I think I needed to spoon more batter into the tin before putting them in.

I'd still eat them! They look pretty too!

• auddii
    Options
    Those are beautiful!! Hm, I have nothing helpful with keeping them from sinking. But, it makes me wonder if you could just put one in the cookie/brownie stuffed with candy concoction. Having the cookie dough base keeps everything from sinking. Not very helpful for the cupcakes though.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Those are beautiful!! Hm, I have nothing helpful with keeping them from sinking. But, it makes me wonder if you could just put one in the cookie/brownie stuffed with candy concoction. Having the cookie dough base keeps everything from sinking. Not very helpful for the cupcakes though.

I'm pretty sure all I need to do is put more batter in the bottom of the cup. I just put a little and then I think I kinda pushed them down because I was worried about them rolling. It didn't occur to me that I would want them not to be at the very bottom. I plan to experiment again next week because I think they have the potential to be awesome.

Also I got a gig doing an open house at the local country club, so that'll be some awesome exposure and it'd be nice to have a show stopper for it.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options

Cute!

I wonder if they have any Peep cupcakes haha.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    dunnodunno wrote: »

Cute!

I wonder if they have any Peep cupcakes haha.

There are all sorts of peep treats on Pinterest!

Speaking of Peeps, anyone ever tried roasting your peeps like marshmallows? It is a little sad to watch their faces melt but the sugar carmelizes and you'll never eat a regular toasted marshmallow or S'mores again...

• WinoGelato
    Options
    Dessert at our work dinner last night. Hazelnut chocolate cake with salted caramel gelato. I split this with a colleague and wished I had it all to myself, or at least that I had ordered my own gelato... It was one of the best salted caramel ones I've had.

hn2ekm922w7p.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Yay! I'm glad you got that one and that it was as good as I imagined it would be.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Wow that looks incredible.