Share Your Sweets!

Options

Replies

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Those are beautiful!! Hm, I have nothing helpful with keeping them from sinking. But, it makes me wonder if you could just put one in the cookie/brownie stuffed with candy concoction. Having the cookie dough base keeps everything from sinking. Not very helpful for the cupcakes though.

I'm pretty sure all I need to do is put more batter in the bottom of the cup. I just put a little and then I think I kinda pushed them down because I was worried about them rolling. It didn't occur to me that I would want them not to be at the very bottom. I plan to experiment again next week because I think they have the potential to be awesome.

Also I got a gig doing an open house at the local country club, so that'll be some awesome exposure and it'd be nice to have a show stopper for it.

The cupcake looks yummy! Have you considered using the small cadbury eggs? They have the packs of mini eggs that might not have as much of a sinking issue.

http://www.amazon.com/Cadbury-Easter-Creme-12-Count-Containers/dp/B0047454KG
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Those are beautiful!! Hm, I have nothing helpful with keeping them from sinking. But, it makes me wonder if you could just put one in the cookie/brownie stuffed with candy concoction. Having the cookie dough base keeps everything from sinking. Not very helpful for the cupcakes though.

I'm pretty sure all I need to do is put more batter in the bottom of the cup. I just put a little and then I think I kinda pushed them down because I was worried about them rolling. It didn't occur to me that I would want them not to be at the very bottom. I plan to experiment again next week because I think they have the potential to be awesome.

Also I got a gig doing an open house at the local country club, so that'll be some awesome exposure and it'd be nice to have a show stopper for it.

The cupcake looks yummy! Have you considered using the small cadbury eggs? They have the packs of mini eggs that might not have as much of a sinking issue.

http://www.amazon.com/Cadbury-Easter-Creme-12-Count-Containers/dp/B0047454KG

Yep that's what I used. :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Breakfast this morning. I had the cannoli donut (bottom left) and the black raspberry jam one. Tasty, but my favorite is still Boston Cream (middle).

n6qy8qfqpntk.jpg

Where are people getting these cannoli donuts?!

Also, IN for cookie butter cups!

I found the cannoli donut at a little bakery around here, but they are becoming more popular.

Safeway has not gotten on that bandwagon. :disappointed: We don't have a local bakery anymore, she closed down. What I'm excited about, though, is I'm probably going to FL at the end of the month, which means Tarpon Springs and Hellas bakery! I love their chocolate kok (long o). This was the closest pic I could find, but I'll take my own when the time comes.

thumb_600.jpg?1298839211
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    These aren't super pretty (or at least, they look the same as any other of my cupcakes) but they were super good. I have been looking for a good lemon cupcake recipe-- I've tried 3 and disliked them all. I like really soft, light, fluffy cake and so anything dense is a no-go. Especially with lemon. This one is perfect.

1mlx01ryzdrv.jpg

Here's the recipe I used:

http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2014/07/17/raspberry-lemon-cupcakes/

I didn't do the raspberry icing because I didn't have any raspberry jam, so I just made lemon buttercream instead.

It's simple and beautiful. You do great work, lady!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I am having a sweets filled week! I think it might be time for a spring cleanse, we haven't done one in a long time!

Yesterday I got my Girl Scout cookies. Ordered from 2 girls. Exact same order. 2 boxes each: Samoas, Tagalongs, Doh si dohs, Thin Mints, Savannah Smiles.

Yesterday my boss took me to lunch. We went to a little soda fountain that serves the "worlds smallest hot fudge sundae". It is the perfect size. If you eat 3 of them.

n5dolnpja71v.jpg

Today is my boss's birthday. She's originally from Boston so I got her two cakes. A Boston Creme Cake, and a St Louis Gooey Butter Cake (red velvet flavor). I did t take a pic before someone cut into it LOl!46pqu4dskd9g.jpg

bwiwoazjb8hf.jpg

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    LOL I just realized when I post pics from my phone they come out gigantic, which means the world's tiniest hot fudge sundae looks pretty normal sized! It is about 4 skinny spoonfuls of ice cream.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    LOL I just realized when I post pics from my phone they come out gigantic, which means the world's tiniest hot fudge sundae looks pretty normal sized! It is about 4 skinny spoonfuls of ice cream.

The spoon gave a pretty good idea. Yeah that wouldn't be satisfying to me, but it does look good.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I can't believe you got a gooey butter cake out of the pan in one piece... I've always just seen them in a cake pan.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    I can't believe you got a gooey butter cake out of the pan in one piece... I've always just seen them in a cake pan.

Um that is from a bakery. My only contribution was the $18. But that is a good point, I never thought about what pan they use, or how they get it out.

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    They may line the pan with parchment so they can just lift it out. I've done that before with brownies.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    If you ever find yourself in St Augustine, swing by Hyppo-- it's a gourmet popsicle place. Today I had the mocha cheesecake (dipped in chocolate of course!) and Mr. Acrylics had the Elvis, which is peanut butter, banana, and honey.

f572fad5-6967-40cc-90a9-977b3f03ce05_zpsvrxkl3ug.jpg
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    From this weekend chocolate cappuccino cake

11rbs6h.jpg
    If you ever find yourself in St Augustine, swing by Hyppo-- it's a gourmet popsicle place. Today I had the mocha cheesecake (dipped in chocolate of course!) and Mr. Acrylics had the Elvis, which is peanut butter, banana, and honey.

f572fad5-6967-40cc-90a9-977b3f03ce05_zpsvrxkl3ug.jpg

Yummy!!
    Today I hit good ole Baskin Robins for a scoop of pralines and cream and a scoop of butter pecan. Then finished off all the open pints with a little bit in them. Then opened the tonight dough for a taster. Not bad. Not a big chocolate person but it will need further testing tomorrow.
  • Francl27
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My breakfast. Totally worth it and not even sorry. lnsxi5szfaqy.jpg
    iv0sly7j57r2.jpg

They had a bunch of interesting ice cream, like Jenni's, but the cheapskate in me said no.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Is that a danish? It looks awesome.
  • Francl27
    Options
    It had more the dough of a croissant than a danish... chocolate hazelnut filling. They were both fantastic. They're from the Whole Foods bakery... they have delicious stuff here (the one in PA sucked).
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Maybe more like a crostata then-- I've been meaning to make those again.

Here are today's cupcake designs:

Lemon cupcake with lemon buttercream and raspberry sauce:

Hummingbird cake (cinnamon batter with banana, toasted pecans, and pineapple for you northerners) with dried pineapple flower toppers:

I also made s'mores cupcakes and vanilla with spun sugar toppers:

w5lul15iaquf.jpg
  • Francl27
    Options
    Oh they all look delicious.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Those are all beautiful, although so not a fan of hummingbird cake (I'm weird when it comes to fruit and what it's allowed to touch).