Share Your Savory Treats

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to do Tapas but haven't ever been able to convince anyone to go with me.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to do Tapas but haven't ever been able to convince anyone to go with me.

I love them. Great way to try a bunch of different things. I usually have better luck going with girlfriends than my husband or couples...
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Yup, tapas is fun because you just taste a bunch of things.
    There was this great one I got at a placein boston.

Milk poached veal sweetbreads, that were then sauteed, and served with some mushrooms and a little wine reduction.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Went to a Tom+Chee restaurant the other day, a chain that has different kinds of grilled cheese and tomato soup. I had the Mac n Cheese grilled cheese. It was just ok, I think I just ordered poorly. It wasn't actually very cheesy, as strange as that sounds, it was like butter noodles with then a slice of cheese on the bread. The creamy tomato soup was very good as were the grilled cheese donuts desserts...
    j0gdlqhp5168.jpg
    qbh0eq0oaawd.jpg
    7jpmjw5bvpju.jpg

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I don't think we have Tom & Chee out my way. Looks like yummy comfort food!

After a large breakfast yesterday at the MIL's (where we spent the night following a cool concert), my wife and I decided to graze for a combo lunch / dinner on the back patio. The rest of the country's horrible weather seems to be offset by unusually warm weather in California, where we are experiencing mid 60s - mid 70s weather in Feb and March. (please don't stab me).

Quasi-Italian spread with the addition of some roast beef (that my wife loves, roasted by a local joint) and some roasted turkey (same joint), because if I've learned anything from MFP, especially recently, those cured meats are unambiguously unhealthy or bad and I need to offset them with some healthy or good stuff like lean turkey breast (and resveratrol-packed red wine of course).

q3xrme23spwg.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I'm not a huge donut person but I kind of want to try that s'more sandwich.

We used to live close to an awesome gourmet grilled cheese place (the Bleu Squid in Mystic, CT) and I kinda miss that. I don't miss the Northeastern weather but I do miss a lot of the food/art/tourist attractions.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    I don't think we have Tom & Chee out my way. Looks like yummy comfort food!

After a large breakfast yesterday at the MIL's (where we spent the night following a cool concert), my wife and I decided to graze for a combo lunch / dinner on the back patio. The rest of the country's horrible weather seems to be offset by unusually warm weather in California, where we are experiencing mid 60s - mid 70s weather in Feb and March. (please don't stab me).

Quasi-Italian spread with the addition of some roast beef (that my wife loves, roasted by a local joint) and some roasted turkey (same joint), because if I've learned anything from MFP, especially recently, those cured meats are unambiguously unhealthy or bad and I need to offset them with some healthy or good stuff like lean turkey breast (and resveratrol-packed red wine of course).

q3xrme23spwg.jpg
    Cortelli that spread looks awesome!
  • WinoGelato
    Options

We used to live close to an awesome gourmet grilled cheese place (the Bleu Squid in Mystic, CT) and I kinda miss that. I don't miss the Northeastern weather but I do miss a lot of the food/art/tourist attractions.

I used to have to go to Groton pretty often for work, there are lots of great places up there!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

I used to have to go to Groton pretty often for work, there are lots of great places up there!

My husband really misses Paul's Pasta in downtown Groton. He still talks about it all the time.

I really miss working at the aquarium and being able to take the train into Manhattan.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    That Donut S'more looks interesting.
  • WinoGelato
    Options

It was pretty good. They had a regular dessert one that was glazed donut and cheddar and it was just ok. The s'mores one seemed more dessertish...

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options

It was pretty good. They had a regular dessert one that was glazed donut and cheddar and it was just ok. The s'mores one seemed more dessertish...

We went to the Tom & Chee in Newport/Cincinnati a couple of years ago, and it was awesome. They opened a chain closer to where I live, so my husband and I went. I don't know if it was just what we ordered, or if it wasn't as good as we remembered, but the food was awful. Greasy and tasteless. We were super bummed.
  • WinoGelato
    Options

We went to the Tom & Chee in Newport/Cincinnati a couple of years ago, and it was awesome. They opened a chain closer to where I live, so my husband and I went. I don't know if it was just what we ordered, or if it wasn't as good as we remembered, but the food was awful. Greasy and tasteless. We were super bummed.

Yeah I was kind of meh on what I ordered. It was Friday during Lent so I was trying to not order meat, but wanted something more than the plain grilled cheese so I tried that mac n cheese grilled cheese. My sister had the BLT Grilled Cheese and it looked good, but really just looked like a BLT with cheese on it. Same with some of the turkey grilled cheese sandwiches I saw other people getting, I would call that a turkey melt, not a grilled cheese. I think I'm too particular though... others seemed to love it. The creamy tomato soup was really good though.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    kpah1kzchcim.jpg
    Big ole chicken , jalapeno bacon, pepper jack sammich.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Easter dinner-- we tried out a new wood-fired pizza place. It was incredible-- we'll be back for sure.

d38a8bcc-e3a3-4aed-9372-b422ae5cddb2_zps6itln6tf.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Wood fire pizza is my favorite. So hard to find though.
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I recently made cheese.
    nsk1isrh6vgl.jpg
  • 970Mikaela1
    Options
    Chipotle puree for sauce. Roasted red pepper, chicken, Monterey Jack cheese and pickled onions and cilantro. Chased with a habenero beer.
    ghxdt63cci85.jpg
  • 970Mikaela1
    Options
    Easter dinner-- we tried out a new wood-fired pizza place. It was incredible-- we'll be back for sure.

d38a8bcc-e3a3-4aed-9372-b422ae5cddb2_zps6itln6tf.jpg

Tasty.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Chipotle puree for sauce. Roasted red pepper, chicken, Monterey Jack cheese and pickled onions and cilantro. Chased with a habenero beer.
    ghxdt63cci85.jpg

The pizza looks awesome! Both of them actUally! Is that the Ska beer? Where's it made?