Share Your Savory Treats

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Is it sad that I'm in a hurry to get to work so I can see the pictures in this thread? So far my work computer is unaffected by the ginormous photo issue.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Both pizzas look amazing.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Chipotle puree for sauce. Roasted red pepper, chicken, Monterey Jack cheese and pickled onions and cilantro. Chased with a habenero beer.
    ghxdt63cci85.jpg

The pizza looks awesome! Both of them actUally! Is that the Ska beer? Where's it made?

The pizza and beer are from steamworks brewing in Durango Colorado.. The beer is called prescribed burn.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm on a weekend Girls Trip to the Lake of the Ozarks. It's a huge summer party destination, but my friends inlaws have a condo so we managed to find a weekend that worked now to just be able to get away. There is a super kitschy strip filled with t shirt shops, tattoo parlors, old time photos, arcades, etc. Saw this shirt and I will be damned if I don't need to find a gif of it to use in the forums, not to mention I need to get it for Acrylics! It's a pug wearing a cape riding a mother F-ing unicorn for crying out loud! AND it's a tank top! How awesome and cheesy is that!7q95csgjmvo7.jpg

54gl32feurkz.jpg

We also passed this place. I mean, look at all the things they sell there! What more could you need in life?

For dinner we went out for pizza. We got two kinds to share, one was 4 meat, one was chicken, artichoke, sun dried tomato and basil. c9lgr5ynmk84.jpg

There was also beer with the pizza, and later, back at the condo, there was wine, chocolate, pretzels with dark chocolate peanut butter, some disgusting beef jerky that my friend bought at the gas station, and sesame sticks.

This happened when I was opening the wine...

06n82v6tt65p.jpg

I'm sure I will have more to share as the weekend progresses, just thought this group would be amused....
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Oh THAT t-shirt. Yes. I need one.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    My trip to Playa del Carmen is a bit of a bust so far (but not for the kids). There is a strong and unusual north wind that has closed the harbor to small diving boats, so no ocean dives in the first two days. The alternative is ceynote diving (fresh water underground / exposed to caverns / lagoons), but with my kids' training schedules and needing to be shepparded and picked up, etc. we couldn't make the timing work for my wife and I to dive. But tomorrow for sure, whether in the ceynotes or ocean.

Food, however, has not been a bust, though I haven't been good about taking pictures. Last night I had a tasty huarache with steak, mushrooms, onions and peppers. And then lots of hot sauce. And too many beers.

sdq0tpjtbugp.jpg

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    My trip to Playa del Carmen is a bit of a bust so far (but not for the kids). There is a strong and unusual north wind that has closed the harbor to small diving boats, so no ocean dives in the first two days. The alternative is ceynote diving (fresh water underground / exposed to caverns / lagoons), but with my kids' training schedules and needing to be shepparded and picked up, etc. we couldn't make the timing work for my wife and I to dive. But tomorrow for sure, whether in the ceynotes or ocean.

Food, however, has not been a bust, though I haven't been good about taking pictures. Last night I had a tasty huarache with steak, mushrooms, onions and peppers. And then lots of hot sauce. And too many beers.

sdq0tpjtbugp.jpg

Ooh, that looks delicious!
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Quickie -- the internet is extremely unreliable at the moment.

Chicken enchiladas from lunch yesterday or the day before.

jf94fl8gprjs.jpg

And, as weird as it sounds, I had an excellent falafel-in-pita here in PDC. One of the dive masters working at the dive shop we're using suggested giving it a try -- turns out it is one of the most highly-rated restaurants in PDC on TripAdvisor (which I don't really use, but still). Run by an Israeli family that emigrated. Not the greatest pic but trust me that it was an excellent falafel with very good tahini.

t34lgk4w0f3a.jpg

Finally, my "Mayan" platter lunch - a few small taquitos, a small empenada, some Mayan style tacos, a Mayan style tamale, and a chili relleno. Not so convinced any of these are really "Mayan," but a tasty generic Mexican plate nonetheless after exertions diving.

31amjubky6oy.jpg

Best news of the trip is that all three of my kids are now certified divers, meaning our family vacations just opened up a bit in terms of opportunities!

• WinoGelato
    Options
    I had book club last night which everyone knoWs is just an excuse to drink wine and eat food! I didn't get any good pics of food at book club which included salad, Pesto Pasta with Shrimp, and fancy oatmeal crime pies from a local bakery.

Before book club though a few of us met at a wine bar for MORE wine and food and we ordered these. Smoked turkey leg nachos on homemade sweet potato chips with tomatoes, buttermilk dressing and banana peppers..,. So amazing.

845tyou86c8m.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Karen I want to join your book club.

Pizza time.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    m8lIjgR.jpg
    I had this today at a baseball game and it was super good. Didn't care too much about the game itself, I mostly came for this. :p
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    m8lIjgR.jpg
    I had this today at a baseball game and it was super good. Didn't care too much about the game itself, I mostly came for this. :p

Is that popcorn chicken in a waffle cone?

@MrM27 Every time you post about going out to eat in NY it makes me happy to live in Georgia.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Went to dinner with my friend tonight and we decided to try Uncle Jack's Steakhouse. First time either of us had gone there. It's one of the top rated in NYC so I've always wanted to eat there. The food was pretty good. The crab cake appetizers were awesome. The $210 bill for dinner and dessert for 2 people was not so awesome.

I476TJP.jpg?1

K6xIm0E.jpg?1

Caramel mouse cake
    In the distance is his chocolate soufflé with vanilla bean Gelato
    I476TJP.jpg?1

That caramel mousse cake looks a little rare for my taste...

Cortelli what is in that cone? I was thinking fried calamari?

• WinoGelato
    Options
    We had a super crazy weekend and I didn't get a lot of food pics, some meals were better than others!

Friday night we made pizzas on the grill and my kids challenged me to cook Cutthroat Kitchen style, they had sabotages and everything. I had to use up leftovers and they made me dribble a soccer ball and stop to bathe them in the middle of cooking.

I made meat lovers pizza with ground beef that really needed to be used up, pesto chicken pizza with shredded slow cooker chicken, and Mac n Cheese n Hotdog pizza from the kids leftovers the night before.

h3jvtfyw2qq9.jpg
    yaps7ar5qm91.jpg

Saturday we had a kid free 24 hours thanks to my father in law! We went to the Cardinals game and had my company seats. No food pics but it was a beautiful day and I did enjoy this lovely barrel cocktail (bourbon, tea, lemonade and bitters) in honor of the Derby later.

0h2tsrcdy7cw.jpg

Later we went to watch the Derby, then met some friends for a very disappointing dinner in the neighborhood. The menu had looked great but the service was not good and my lamb and my friends trout were way under cooked, the server basically told us we didn't know how it was supposed to look. Tiny portions too. Very frustrating!

Did stop for gelato on the wall home, no pics but I had dulce de leche which is my new favorite from the local shop I think!

Home then to watch the fight which was a total dud. I didn't drink that much, but really had to wonder if I was watching the same fight as the judges!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Went to dinner with my friend tonight and we decided to try Uncle Jack's Steakhouse. First time either of us had gone there. It's one of the top rated in NYC so I've always wanted to eat there. The food was pretty good. The crab cake appetizers were awesome. The $210 bill for dinner and dessert for 2 people was not so awesome.

I476TJP.jpg?1

K6xIm0E.jpg?1

Caramel mouse cake
    I476TJP.jpg?1

Same. :laugh:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    @MrM27 Every time you post about going out to eat in NY it makes me happy to live in Georgia.
    I'm sure all the choices I make I can find at a much much cheaper price but with me being a "food snob" and pretentious it seems I always have to go for a higher level. Then with my friend I go to eat with he's the same but maybe even worse than I am. We see each other like once a month due to mostly his work schedule so we try and eat something nice. We're a truly odd couple friend ship, I'm a fool that argues online and he last night showed me his test results for his annual resident exams, #1 in his hospital and like top 20% in the county. Makes me feel like a damn moron.

Caramel mouse cake
    I476TJP.jpg?1

I'm going to assume you meant the steak was too rare?

I think she was commenting on the fact that you labeled the photo "caramel mousse cake" but then the photo itself was a rare steak.

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I'm sure all the choices I make I can find at a much much cheaper price but with me being a "food snob" and pretentious it seems I always have to go for a higher level. Then with my friend I go to eat with he's the same but maybe even worse than I am. We see each other like once a month due to mostly his work schedule so we try and eat something nice. We're a truly odd couple friend ship, I'm a fool that argues online and he last night showed me his test results for his annual resident exams, #1 in his hospital and like top 20% in the county. Makes me feel like a damn moron.

Caramel mouse cake
    I476TJP.jpg?1

I'm going to assume you meant the steak was too rare?

I think she was commenting on the fact that you labeled the photo "caramel mousse cake" but then the photo itself was a rare steak.

Ah crap, I didn't realize I did that.

Fao3Rbw.jpg?1

Ahh that's better. :laugh: Looks amazing. :love: