1789101113»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Lunch.9f4tv8f1pfsy.jpg

Yum! We went to Maine for our honeymoon and ate lobster for lunch and dinner so many days that I actually got tired of if and had to order a burger one day....

Once was enough for me I think!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I totally forgot pics of dinner the first two nights, which was unfortunate because all the food we had was delicious. The first night we had sushi and the second night we had seafood. Here are the other three:

This was mac and cheese with smoked gouda, cheddar, and parmesan cheese, prosciutto, bread crumb topping, and pulled pork with sweet barbecue sauce thrown in.

0c591040-5778-468f-acda-533f5b4eb478_zps7cnjduhi.jpg

Then we had our italian night. Like I said in the other thread, this was probably the best meal I've ever had anywhere. I can't stress enough how good it was. I ordered the gnocchi with tomato cream sauce, mushrooms, and gorgonzola cheese. I'll probably be dreaming about the gnocchi for the foreseeable future.

a63f9739-e9b3-4ad0-a681-f2e46bd9ab31_zpszuwm2sej.jpg

Then before we left town on Friday we stopped for Cuban food at what was basically a food stand. I got a fritas burger, which was a beef and pork patty with shoestring potatoes, avocado, and some kind of spicy mayo sauce. It was excellent, as were the black beans.

81f0062d-1872-4fc6-a296-76852d2881ce_zpssobllyv6.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    All that food looks yummy!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Lots of yummy food and wine on a recent girls trip to Central Coast of California... Sorry for the pic dump! Apparently I drank a lot of rose with my meals on this trip, I do love it in the summertime! In putting everything here because we really didn't eat that many sweets (gasp) as we were usually too full and tipsy...

Lunch in Solvang at Fresco Valley Cafe:
    Chicken, avocado and smoked mozerella panini with side salad. Followed by aebelskivers for dessert. n1jgbfzzolom.jpg
    ndkcy2ykj2rn.jpg

Appetizers at our evening cocktail reception at the B&B: Brie, Pear and Apricot Chutney Grilled Cheese with Fennel Roasted Almonds (so addictive)

b62o9fbtznd7.jpg

Morning breakfast at B&B: blackberry pancake and sausage/spinach quiche.

89owfd2yfqvu.jpg

Lunch: Fish Tacos at Sebastian's Store in San Simeon

tdjbvcs4ecqu.jpg

Dinner: Clam Chowder from Splash Cafe in San Luis Obispo and a cheese plate at a local wine shop.
    xaufwz7sqizd.jpg
    mo285qok04fm.jpg

• WinoGelato
    Options
    A few more meals:

Seared Ahi Tuna salad with grapefruit and avocado in sesame wasabi dressing.
    ggqyvya8yiga.jpg

Dinner at Bouchon in Santa Barbara:
    Crab cakes
    Summer Squash Puree
    Pan Seared White Fish with potatoes and fava beansbihibu3khq9o.jpg
    okcitgvml6vt.jpg
    xs3qbn6a0vsv.jpg

Dinner at Olio e Limone in Santa Barbara:
    Ricotta stuffed zucchini blossoms
    Arugula Salad with Shaved Parmesan
    Margherita Pizza
    Fig and Proscuitto Pizza with Grana Padano

jhes8nlf0s21.jpg
    t04jkp5li4au.jpg
    67dhlu5l5iad.jpg
    u6jm6s6jcrnz.jpg

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Looks like you had some great food! I'm particularly jealous of your pizzas-- that was one of the things we didn't do on our vacation.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Looks like you had some great food! I'm particularly jealous of your pizzas-- that was one of the things we didn't do on our vacation.

I don't know Amber, I was drooling over those gnocchi you posted...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't take that many pictures but this was my lunch (yes I ate the whole thing. #notsorry)

lz1c3wd8mnd3.jpg