Exercise and Weight Loss Challenges

Options

Replies

• gmabethof3
    gmabethof3 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Marney, I agree, I wish the Doctor would have made my follow up appointment earlier, Im trying my best not to stress and going by Docs rules until I see him. In fact I am calling his office Monday and see if possibly I can get in earlier than waiting till the 14th.

Gayles, Thanks for everything, I agree, I should have appointment sooner. I am keeping myself busy, doing light yard work and light house cleaning trying to put all the worry aside. I don't want to stress and end up having this surgery redone.

Have a great day everyone, enjoy your Easter!
    vhtcghn9p7hq.jpg
  • gmabethof3
    Options
    March 4 - May 6 Challenge

March 4 - 178.4
    March 11 - 178.0 -.4
    March 18 - 177.8 -.4
    March 25 - 178.0 -.2
    April 1 - 180.2 -+2.2

Morning Ladies, Not a good week, wish I could say this is an April Fools Joke, but its not.. Not being able to lift anything or going to the gym has kept me from really doing much. I have a checkup on my eye Monday, and hope that I will get the "All Clear" I need to get back to the gym and get back on the diet.

Weather is getting prettier everyday, there is so much I want to do to get my garden ready so I can plant at the end of this month. :)

Hope everyone has had a good week, and hope that you all have a great weekend as well. Take care, and will talk to you all soon.
  • gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    3/04/16: 179.7 Lean into Spring Challenge beginning weight.
    3/12/16: 179.6
    3/19/16: 180.3
    3/26/16: 182.2
    4/02/16: 181.8
    Man, I will take that! Earlier in the week, after the jelly beans were gone and I went to my art group and ate cherry pie and carrot cake, I was at 85.something. Yikes. So, logging into myfitnesspal each day, logging food as many days as I am able which basically, (pun intended) needs to be EVERY day. Experimenting with no carbs every other day but what really, really, works is (so boring) staying within the 1200 calories each day, eating healthy food 80% of the time. Moving my body.
  • MapDancer
    MapDancer Posts: 246 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    March 4 - 132.2
    April 2 - 132.6
    Despite Easter and birthday celebrations (I also made carrot cake!) I'm keeping it level, though it probably helped that for a few days I was engrossed on the treadmill for 90 min - sometimes all at once or divided into two sessions. I checked my calendar and this is how much I weighed last year on April 28th.

Gayle, you make a good point - logging every day is so important. 99.8% of everything that went in my mouth was logged everyday for 18+ months. Nearly everyday I got in 60min. or more of some activity, usually walking on the treadmill. I would eat some of my exercise calories too. For years I would get on the treadmill for 45min. 2-3x/week (I would watch HGTV usually) and I was still up to 180 lbs. To lose, besides logging, I knew I had to increase my activity - I won't run/jog/go to gyms - fortunately my son introduced me to kdramas which motivated me to tread everyday and for longer. And then there is spring cleaning...! That's worth an extra piece of carrot cake!
  • Cclill
    Cclill Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hello my fellow fitness pallers!
    Ive been to my mothers "sugar hell" and back
    And am finally checking in,
    and in so doing hope to start logging again!
    For some reason havent gotten back to the logging habit.

I held on for a few days at moms, then it all went to hell,
    plus no exercise.
    But After two weeks at moms had gained only a pound!
    lost it in a week, as i expected to after getting back on the program
    but then a surpise new low after that!
    My mystery metabolism
    Was Tempted to think i should go on sugar vacations more often but know thats stupid.
    Besides, after new low this friday i immediately bumped up two pounds overnight.
    Must be Water weight from power walking up hills the day before, the first exercise in nearly a month.

This weeks late report :
    2/24/16, 181.8, new low!
    3/4/16, 182.4
    3/11 and 3/18 In CA didnt weigh
    3/26/16, 183.8
    4/1/16, 181.4 new low!
    4/3/16, 182.8
    From now on i will weigh in only on Fridays or saturdays.
    and intend to log daily again!
    Thanks for reading!
    Lill

• Cclill
    Options
    Forgot to say havent caught up with your reports yet
    Will do so when i log in tomorrow
    Thanks for being there!
  • Cclill
    Options
    Turns out im leading a writing retreat this weekend, without a scale so cant weigh in
    Still trying but failing to get back in the habit
  • gmabethof3
    Options

March 4 - 178.4
    March 11 - 178.0 -.4
    March 18 - 177.8 -.4
    March 25 - 178.0 -.2
    April 1 - 180.2 -+2.2
    April 8 - 180.0 - +2.0

Morning Ladies; I am not completely back in the game, but a loss this week is more and incentive for me. I still can not go back to the gym, Docs orders. So I will continue my walks and diet and hope that is enough......

You Ladies have a great week. :)
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I really hope all of you who are waiting on doctors, get to where you want to be shortly!

I am logging again. My month of March away lead to 1 lb up on the month over month total.

One step at a time. Logging is my first step and I am doing it.

It is still snowing every second day here and still cold. Cannot wait until next week when it is over and spring will be here!

My 62nd birthday this weekend so I am celebrating with a roast beef dinner, veggies, and sweet potato. Berries and cream for dessert. Probably over the calorie count but not too bad on carb count. My brother and sister in law are coming over.

I bought a new sewing machine for my birthday and it is humbling. I am also watching the lake level rise and I really hope we don't get winds before it falls or our lawn will be a mess!

Lil, good job with the sugar hell! I find it really difficult for a few days to get back to reality.

And, Pam, what an achievement! Perfect!

Friday April 08: 169

Next week there will be less of me!

Stay strong, ladies!

Marney
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    4/09/16: 181.4
    Great to see you all here--I'm just completing my first week of working as an art/crafts instructor at Michael's and there has been some exhaustion/comfort eating going on. Glad I'm down a bit but struggling. Hey Lill, we are neck in neck now--you've lost, I've gained. And Lill and others, you really need to buy a scale to stick in your car--they are small and portable. Your excuse (I've got plenty too) has been exploded! Sorry.
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Yeah! Good point. Food scale for sure. Weight scale over the border? They would think I was very odd indeed!

Logged everything yesterday. My yeast infection has almost completely cleared. Still don't quite believe it so keeping up the treatment so I get it dead completely! But feeling so much better!

We are on flood watch now so my watching the lake is officially sanctioned. Ice over our bay from last night so waves aren't yet an issue.

Off to vacuum up the water in the basement.
  • gmabethof3
    Options

March 4 - 178.4
    March 11 - 178.0 -.4
    March 18 - 177.8 -.4
    March 25 - 178.0 -.2
    April 1 - 180.2 -+2.2
    April 8 - 180.0 - +2.0
    April 15 - 180.0

Morning Ladies, I will take staying the same, better than me gaining again. Its going to be in the 70's for the next 3 days, and I am going to go out and do as much gardening as possible. Going out and get me more yellow knock out roses and plant them in the yard, love my roses....Everyone have a great weekend, and looking forward to seeing you all back on here soon. Beth
  • MapDancer
    MapDancer Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    April 15 - 131.8
    We're also going to have warmer weather this week. Sunday will be doggie spa day for our 2 goldens and 1 beagle - bath, nails, ears, trim...

Last month we had a couple days in the 70s and I started to look at my summer clothes and then we had slushy snow and freezing temps. Since I've been in my goal range (130-133) for a year now last summer's clothes should all fit. No more excuses to go shopping.

Marney, I also just turned 62. In metric years (if there was such a thing) that is only 28!
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Hi Folks,

Warmer here too for the weekend but have to wait a month for the risk of a freezing frost at night to pass. So gardening has too wait but clean up can begin. Today is lovely!

Gained 3 lbs over my birthday but lost them again and a bit more. Logging each day but not completely. Working on that.

168.5 this morning. Like Gayle, I will take that! Chocolate lead to cravings and you don't need the details. Not pretty.

Pam, I'll take 28 thank you!

New week and spring!

Time for exercise.
  • Cclill
    Options
    Crazy week on art deadline bracketed by writing retreats at the coast
    Totally off the program
    Looking forward to getting back onit when i return monday!
    Weigh in april 15:
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    4/16/16: 181.3
    I am so happy to report that I have logged all my food 3 days in a row. My rebellion against being a dieter seems to have passed--has just taken 3 - 4 months. Hopefully I can stay slow but steady and get back to the 170's soon. Had a blood vessel burst in my left eye last week, then it healed and this week it burst again. Went to the doctor and just seems it is from rubbing my eye, due to allergies (the beautiful crab trees this year are worth it). Never happened before these two weeks in a row. Was worried my blood pressure was up, or something, but my BP was actually down. Maybe need more vitamin C? Who knows. Looks like hell but harder on others that have to look at me, not painful.
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Glad to hear it was not serious, Gayle. Eye blood vessels seem more delicate as we age.

And glad you are back on track. I was too until guests brought dinner to us tonight. 2 glasses of wine later .....

Tomorrow is a new start, again. But I am back on track too. I have logged a complete day today and I have logged partial days for about a week. So back on track for both of us!
  • dasher602014
    Options
    thinking of you, Beth. I hope all is OK.
  • gmabethof3
    Options
    Hi Marney, Doc doesn't want me to lift anything heavy, so I am back at the gym doing the treadmill and other light things. I miss the weight training, but since I don't want to go through all of this again, I will do what the doc says.. I will just do the best that I can right now.. Thanks for asking.. Beth
  • gmabethof3
    Options

March 4 - 178.4
    March 11 - 178.0 -.4
    March 18 - 177.8 -.4
    March 25 - 178.0 -.2
    April 1 - 180.2 -+2.2
    April 8 - 180.0 - +2.0
    April 15 - 180.0
    April 22 - 180.0

Good Morning Ladies, I had to take a second look this morning, thought my scale was broke LOL (it's not).. I know I am not exercising as much, but I am doing good on my choices of food. Hope that this weight does change soon, getting a little discouraged being the same week after week. :|