Introduce Yourself!

Options
kel7298
kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
Hi. My name is Kelly and this has been my WOE for 2 weeks. I have lost 4lbs so far! Join me!

Replies

• clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi I did this at the begining of the year but it didn't work out to well going out with the kids in the summer. It worked really well when I did it so will give it a go again

My names Clare by the way :)
  • kel7298
    Options
    Hi Clare! I love it. Today is a DD for me. I plan on keeping my caloric intake to 500 but if I go over a tad no worries.
  • clarech82
    Options
    That's how I did it last time tomorrow is going to be my first down day might have to hide my diary as I might get told off for not eating enough by everyone lol

You are the only other person I've met on here who's heard of this
  • cheetosandburritos
    Options
    I've never met anyone else who's heard of this on here either. I imagine most people would have a serious problem with it, but this is the best diet I've ever come across. I lost 10 pounds in the first 6 weeks I did it. I've gotten sidetracked over the summer, but I'm trying to get back on track.
  • kel7298
    Options
    That's how I did it last time tomorrow is going to be my first down day might have to hide my diary as I might get told off for not eating enough by everyone lol

You are the only other person I've met on here who's heard of this

Yea, you will definitely be scolded if you have it open. It sucks tho, cause the more support you get the easier it is. I mean honestly, at the end of the week, the tally should be about the same - 1200 a day average. Just so much easier...IMO!
  • clarech82
    Options
    Hi today is going ok might end up being 600 but still ok for me. Last time i did this the people here accused me of having an eating disorder.

So how's everyone else getting on?
  • kel7298
    Options
    Hi today is going ok might end up being 600 but still ok for me. Last time i did this the people here accused me of having an eating disorder.

So how's everyone else getting on?

Sad isn't it. As for your DD, that isn't so bad. I think I ended the day at 623 yesterday.

Today is an UD. Doing well so far. Trying to be really good..lol
  • clarech82
    Options
    Morning! Went over a bit I'm going to plan better for tomorrow! How was your up day? How many cals do you eat on one?
  • cheetosandburritos
    Options
    Up days for me usually run about 1500. Sometimes it can go up to 2000- I love me some wine ;) Down days I stick to 500. Do you factor your calories burned by exercise in to your daily total? For instance, if you burn 300 calories working out on your down day, do you increase your caloric intake to 800? I did the last time I was on this diet, but I'm not sure if that's the proper way to do it.

As far as people not supporting you on your diet, I saw a group on here for intermittent fasters and warrior diet followers. Those diet plans (especially intermittent fasting) are extremely similar to JUDD. I would imagine you could post in that group without judgement. I meant to join it right when I saw it and I didn't; It may be hard to find again!
  • kel7298
    Options
    Good afternoon!

I have been running around this morning and just now got a chance to really sit at the computer.

My UD was nice yesterday. I hit right at 1498. I always shoot for 1200 but don't worry if I am over (usually am after a DD) My ceiling is 1800 as my DD are usually 600 (average for 2 days is 1200). If I am over my DD I try really hard to make it up the next day, or visa versa. Since I started JUDDD on Oct 26th (UD) I have only went over 1500 on a UD twice. My DD's are averaging about 700 in that time frame.

I do not eat back my exercise calories. I found that doesn't work for me. I try to hold myself accountable for my calories but if I go over, at least the exercise was there to cushion the blow..lol.

Here is the link to IF:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/49-intermittent-fasting
  • clarech82
    Options
    Hi how are you today? It's my dd today and I've eaten 615cals not to bad. Looking forward to seeing if this still works when I weigh in.
  • kel7298
    Options
    Hi. I am doing great, It was my UD. I estimated as we went out to dinner. I hope I wasnt too far off. I am sure it will work fine as long as you dont over eat on your UD's. So far I have lost 7lbs
  • kel7298
    Options
    Today is a DD. I am actually glad as I know I overate yesterday. It feels better to feel hungry than to feel overfull. Weird.
  • clarech82
    Options
    Morning I agree with you about feeling hungry is better but at the moment I get terrible stomach pain when I eat so need to sort that out. My dd is going to be hard today as I have my oh with me who has a go if I don't eat much just going to have to pick low cal things that look big like salads lol enjoy your up day btw
  • kel7298
    Options
    Thanks Clare. Good luck with picking the food choices. I am lucky that my DH is totally supportive of what I am doing. If I had to hide it, I don't think I could do it.
  • clarech82
    Options
    I didn't manage it the other day and this week isn't going well as my oh is off all week. I'm trying to stay under 700 on my down days for the moment. Today is a dd so will see how it goes. How are you getting on?

It is very difficult when your other half doesn't support you mine liked me big so isn't keen on the change lol
  • kel7298
    Options
    I am doing really well. Completed my DD yesterday with 497. I have been averaging 650, so yay for me!

I am sorry you OH doesn't like change. Maybe he will like the idea of you being more healthy tho.
  • raquelena
    raquelena Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Raquel and I've been JUDDD-ing for just over a week. So far I've lost 10lbs! I'm literally so happy. I'm normally ok with the DDs and eat between 400-600 cals. Some days I've been struggling to eat on the UDs cos it feels like such a massive amount of food. At the moment I'm 190lbs and hoping to be around 130lbs by my 21st birthday in May. Fingers crossed!
  • kel7298
    Options
    Hi, I'm Raquel and I've been JUDDD-ing for just over a week. So far I've lost 10lbs! I'm literally so happy. I'm normally ok with the DDs and eat between 400-600 cals. Some days I've been struggling to eat on the UDs cos it feels like such a massive amount of food. At the moment I'm 190lbs and hoping to be around 130lbs by my 21st birthday in May. Fingers crossed!

Hi Raquel! Congrats on the weight loss! Woot! You are doing terrific!

Thursday was a UD and didn't do too bad. I think I was at about 1646. Yesterday was a DD for me and I just struggled thru it. I did keep it below 700, but just barely. Then this morning, official weigh in day, I got on the scale and lost nothing. :sad: I guess I need to tweak my calories a bit more.
  • raquelena
    raquelena Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Raquel! Congrats on the weight loss! Woot! You are doing terrific!

Thursday was a UD and didn't do too bad. I think I was at about 1646. Yesterday was a DD for me and I just struggled thru it. I did keep it below 700, but just barely. Then this morning, official weigh in day, I got on the scale and lost nothing. :sad: I guess I need to tweak my calories a bit more.

Oh no, that sucks! That just doesn't make sense cos your average weekly cals are low. Hopefully next week you'll drop a big number though!

I am a bit confused though as to how many calories we're meant to eat on an UD. Is it 2000, cos none of us seems to be eating that! I'm thinking I should maybe get the book and have a read, but I'm a student and already have to many things to read :P