Introduce Yourself!

Options

Replies

• JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    >just one more question....is this healthy?

I'm going to go with, I _think_so.

If you go to the "official" website or read the book, there is lots of information on studies, etc. And there have been human studies, so it's at least "healthy" enough to not be unethical to do to humans.

And I think that missing from lots of conversations about "healthy" is the question, "healthier than what?" Is it healthier than staying 300#+? I got to believe that it is.

Now, would my doctor or dietitian approve? I think my doctor will as long as my blood tests improve and my weight drops - she is a science person and is focused on results more than method. I think her response will be something along the lines of "Well, it seems to be working". My dietitian? Less so - as a para-professional - she's more of a dogma person.

But overall - it's not that extreme - it only seems extreme since we are not used to going more than a couple hours without food. I still average 1750 cals every 2 days. This is NOT starvation - this is pretty well aligned with normal dieting practices.

At least that is my 2 cents. :)
  • dtban
    dtban Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    you seem to be a very very smart man :-)
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    you seem to be a very very smart man :-)

LOL, opinions vary - widely. :)
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I will simply say, in response the question about whether or not JUDDD is healthy, that I have been doing it for over a year now. I've lost over 100 pounds. My bloodwork is really good. I am now exercising and enjoying it, where I used to loathe the thought of doing anything physical. I don't always make the healthiest choices on my UDs (sometimes even on my DDs), but I am healthier than I've been in the last 20 years. It's healthy. :bigsmile:
  • Chaiross
    Chaiross Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd just like to introduce myself! I'm new here, but I've had great experiences with JUDD before and am back on it. (Only went off before my husband had some health issues and I had dropped everything to deal with those, bad me)...Looking forward to meeting some people who are on it and have had success with it! Getting support from someone who's never tried it is hard, so this place is exciting!

Looking forward to making some new friends and learning some new things!
  • daisydoodo
    Options
    Only done JUDDD two weeks but I've lost 13lb and that was coming from another diet so not water related ( hopefully). I've lost more the second week when I upped my UD calories and now I eat between 1,600- 2,000 on UD's and do alternate days. :smile:
  • Olly2013
    Options
    Hi All,

I am on day 26 and have lost 6lbs so far. I eat whatever I want on my up days (every second day) and on my down days I was eating 350kcal for the first two weeks but I am now eating 500kcal on my downs days. My excema has also completely cleared up! I had it very bad on my hands for the last few months and its gone.

On the down days I eat:

Innocent smoothie (100mls at intervals throughout the day) + 1 small natural yogurt
    OR
    Tuna/crab salad with cucumber, tomatoes, celery + soup (1/2 tin tomatoe, 1/4 tin canellini beans, mushrooms, carrot, herbs)
    OR
    innocent smoothie (100mls at intervals throughout the day) + soup (butternut squash, carrot, leek, herbs)

I also eat Miso soup (sachets you mix with hot water) they are 18kcal each. Today I added 50g mushroom, 50g mixed peppers, 25g carrot, 2 scallions (all chopped) to water and boiled for 10 minutes until everything was cooked and then added the miso sachet - 57Kcal in total - lovely soup.

I read the kcal on ready made foods (yogurt/smoothies) and weigh all the foods I make myself (soup and salads) and use this site to check the calories of these dishes so I can divide into portions for down days.

I tend to divide everything into small portions so that I can eat every few hours, I find this helps.
    I also drink lots of water (sometimes with added fresh lime juice) and herbal teas and black coffee.

I try not to eat for as long as possible each day (until 11am during the week and 12noon at weekends) I find this makes the calories last better during the day.

I think it is getting easier.
  • envbj77
    envbj77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm going to try JUDDD starting tomorrow. I sort of had a 700 cal DD today so tomorrow will be an up day. I've lost 17 lbs at 1200 cal per day. I've tried low carb the past few days and I lost 1 lbs but having stomach issues so here's to JUDDD Andy last 15 to lose.

Please add me as a friend as I can use lots of support from experienced JUDDDers's!!!
  • DcFc1919
    DcFc1919 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey All! Just started JUDDD'ing yesterday and I must say, I'm likin it. Today was my first "down day," and since I was busy at work, it went by like a breeze. Hunger is no match for determination, that's for sure. Anyone else find it strange yet exhilarating that just a few days of eating healthier can literally make you feel like a whole different person? I just find that I am far more cheery these days than I was when I was filling my body with garbage in the form of Taco Bell (but oh it is delicious, haha).
  • mick92627
    mick92627 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    March 4, 2013, Costa Mesa, CA USA

Day one. Starting at 251.6 lbs, 5' 10", BMI 35 and change.

My 512 calories on down days are comprised of 2 Ensure High Protein Shakes, @ 210 cal. each and a 15oz glass of V8 Low Sodium spicy Hot Veg. Juice for another 95 cals. - total cal. 515.

Plan is M-W-F down, and Tue-Thur and weekends up. And not to go crazy on up days but also not to deny myself too terribly either. If this isn't something I can do for life, it's less attractive to me.

I know Mosley says to go low-protein for the benefits of reduction in IGF-1 and the food listed above results in 52 grams of protein for the day. I'll do some research to see if that's low enough. Am reading his book now. (The FastDiet: Lose Weight, Stay Healthy, and Live Longer with the Simple Secret of Intermittent Fasting). Read Johnson's book yesterday, (The Alternate-Day Diet: Turn on Your "Skinny Gene," Shed the Pounds, and Live a Longer and HealthierLife).
  • hyphenbobbit
    hyphenbobbit Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Be interested to know what your research highlights re the protein. Been doing Juddd now since 2nd week in Jan. Like you am doing M/W/F down days and other up but not going crazy.

Weight loss has slowed but still happy with it - want to lose another 12-14lb.

Also, found it difficult to exercise at first as felt tired but energy levels definately rising and have resumed exercise regime.

Good luck:smile:
  • williakc
    williakc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Been JUDDD since august 2012. i lost 28 pounds and want to lose about 14 more pounds. I have lost 85 pounds(up and down)since 2004. at my biggest i was 225 and this is the lowest weight i have been in 20 years 145 pounds. 31% BF. i would like to be 126 pounds and 24% BF. my current calorie week looks about like this
    sun:480
    Mon: 2500
    tues:500
    wed:1950
    thursday 600
    friday : 2000
    saturday: 2200
    so about 1460 DAILY CALORIE average.
    when i lost the weight i was eating 1180 DAILY CALoRIE average
  • williakc
    williakc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have read the Alternate day diet/the fast diet /and The longevity Diet. i have seen Eat Fast and Live longer twice. and i thing JUDDD is the best for losing weight. also i think Dr Johnson does a better job with the Science bits then the fast diet(which i enjoyed) i am just really amazed that i have done this for 6 months. i could have NEVER CR's at 1100-1450 all the time. but the averaging out has made all the difference. i Also use the 18/6 window fasting method most days by eating my first meal after 2pm and not eating after 7pm.
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    sounds like you know what your doing....nice work!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Hi all, coming off low carb to try JUDDD in hopes of having my cake and my size 4 jeans too (okay, having my cake on alternate days and still within reason!).

I'm going to try the induction part with the killer under 500 calorie down days just in case it really does switch this miracle weight loss, longevity gene on. Skeptical, but eh, I was going to do 600/2000 regardless, what's another 100 less on my down days, especially since I can eat it back on my up days?
  • Lalastarrrr
    Options
    Heyyyy!

I'm new to JUDDD after dabbling with 5:2, I decided to try this. Found the fast days difficult to get used to on 5:2 so hoping because there are more down days with JUDDD, it'll be more consistent and help me get used to fasting. So, the plan is to not eat after 6pm tonight and start tomorrow with my first down day. Planning to stick to soups/shakes for the first 2 weeks then hopefully introduce healthy food options after that.

Anyways, looking for active JUDDDers to get to know and offer each other support. So feel free to add me :)

Lisa x
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Heyyyy!

I'm new to JUDDD after dabbling with 5:2, I decided to try this. Found the fast days difficult to get used to on 5:2 so hoping because there are more down days with JUDDD, it'll be more consistent and help me get used to fasting. So, the plan is to not eat after 6pm tonight and start tomorrow with my first down day. Planning to stick to soups/shakes for the first 2 weeks then hopefully introduce healthy food options after that.

Anyways, looking for active JUDDDers to get to know and offer each other support. So feel free to add me :)

Lisa x

Hi Lisa! Good luck with JUDDD. It's a great program. Remember, if at first you don't succeed, try try again.
  • zuzu72
    zuzu72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new, wondering if there are any active JUDDers on this message board anymore?
    B
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    There are a few of us still around. I'm bad about checking the boards though. ;-)
  • x3na1401
    x3na1401 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm been doing it since January