Introduce Yourself!

Replies

• LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    There are a few of us still around. I'm bad about checking the boards though. ;-)
    I'm bad about checking the boards, too.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    I'm still doing it - down 55lbs since January.
  • madamshome
    madamshome Posts: 5
    Starting week 3, the data set up is taking some time.

Is there a way of having 2 calorie goals on MFP, to cater for the low cal days or do we have to just use the low cal number so that the normal day allowance will be a huge calorie blow out & the system will tell you that you are risking starvation etc by trying to get by on 400 calls a day?
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    I use my UD calories for MFP, and then it just gives me the warning that I'm eating too few calories on my DDs. I just ignore it.
  • madamshome
    Thanks KM, I have logged my DD cals so am way over on the UDs but as you say, just ignore.

My issue as a newbie is being right on the limit or slightly over for DDs & not enough cals on UDs so am not getting the max benefit of the distinction. Am usually able to hold out until at least mid morning to break the fast & will now focus on cutting off any food as early as possible on DDs.

Am dealing with mid pm hunger pangs when I get the "I need a snack to keep working" feeling.

Judding, that's a great weight loss achievement.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Hi everyone :)

Just wanted to pop in and cheer you all on-I lost around 40 pounds with JUDDD and transitioned into maintenance in March :) It's an amazing plan that really does work! Now I just do one down day a week, since I've kept losing weight beyond my goal, but I will forever by a JUDDer at heart :)

eta: Hi Dawn! This is Sara (mom23 kids), from lcf :D Very cool to see you here! I just joined mfp yesterday, to track my macro percentages. I switched to primal eating a few weeks ago and that put me back into weight loss mode. Now I'm down to 124lbs-remember when I was freaking out at hitting 135 lol. Still trying to figure out this whole maintenance thing sheesh :)
  • Keiras_Mom
    Howdy!!
  • qtrhrse1
    qtrhrse1 Posts: 19 Member
    Hi my ñame is Keri. I am on my second DD on my first day i drank my caloríes that I has exercised so I ended up drinking 610 calories. Today I will stay at 500 even if I work out. For dinner I had beef broth to have something warm only 20 calories. I added fruit to my shake. I felt like I ate to much yesterday does anyone mfp on up days like may be 1500 calories and eat back any exercise. Thank you

Keri
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Hi my ñame is Keri. I am on my second DD on my first day i drank my caloríes that I has exercised so I ended up drinking 610 calories. Today I will stay at 500 even if I work out. For dinner I had beef broth to have something warm only 20 calories. I added fruit to my shake. I felt like I ate to much yesterday does anyone mfp on up days like may be 1500 calories and eat back any exercise. Thank you

Keri

Welcome! I got your friend request and saw your questions-but after I accepted the request, the questions disappeared? I'll try to answer them here, by memory lol.

Starting out I stuck with 500 calorie down days for several weeks, to get used to the whole thing. Then, after I got comfortable with them, I started following the calculator on Dr. J's website and got my dd calories lower. Some find that they can do this right from the start, others need to do 500 or even 600c dds for a while.

For my up days I did not track calories at all, and ate as I was hungry. Some people can do this, but others find that they need to track everything. You just have to experiment and see what works for you.

I did not exercise at all while I was actively losing weight. Didn't start walking and strength training until I transitioned into maintenance. But, I know other people exercise on their dds with no problem.

If I missed anything, ask away :)
  • knewpaige
    knewpaige Posts: 3 Member
    Hi I am Paige I started on March 18, 2013 so far I have lost 20 lbs. I am amazed, this is the ONLY diet/lifestyle change that has ever worked for me. I am pretty busy so I don't really find it too hard as long as I am drinking lots of water. I just wanted to say hi and hopefully encourage anyone trying this diet out since it worked so well for me =)
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Hi. My name is Jen, and I am brand new to this. My first official down day was this past Saturday. I calculated my numbers on the website, and it has me at 2100 on up days and 500 on down days. Does that seem right? I am 5'3"....136 pounds...and want to get down between 115-120....
  • Keiras_Mom
    Hi Jen,

I can't calculate without your age, but your numbers are much higher than mine and I'm taller and weigh more. Are you calculating with or without exercise? Unless you do very intensive exercise, it seems to work best if you choose the option for no exercise.
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Hi Jen,

I can't calculate without your age, but your numbers are much higher than mine and I'm taller and weigh more. Are you calculating with or without exercise? Unless you do very intensive exercise, it seems to work best if you choose the option for no exercise.

I am 40 and I work out for 30-45 minutes 3-4 times a week. I am starting training for a half marathon in 2 weeks as well....
  • Keiras_Mom
    I'll send you a message in a minute. =)
  • madamshome
    Hi I am Paige I started on March 18, 2013 so far I have lost 20 lbs. I am amazed, this is the ONLY diet/lifestyle change that has ever worked for me. I am pretty busy so I don't really find it too hard as long as I am drinking lots of water. I just wanted to say hi and hopefully encourage anyone trying this diet out since it worked so well for me =)

That's fantastic Paige. Can I ask how long it took before the weight loss kicked in? Also, do you exercise much?
    I have definitely seen some belly fat reduction after a month but not much in the way of weight loss, however, I am reasonably muscly from strength training.
  • littlebutnice
    littlebutnice Posts: 83 Member
    New to juddd. Add meeee :)
  • AndineC
    AndineC Posts: 20 Member
    HI Im claire Im about to start JUDDD :)
  • MsDkis1
    MsDkis1 Posts: 24 Member
    Hello All!! My name is Kalicia bka Kay.

I just started yesterday. Today is my down day and so far I'm good. Just really thirsty so I've been drinking alot of water.

I think I am going to hide my diary so that I don't get the negative feed back.

You do what you think is best especially if you seeing results!!

btw....anyone that's been doing this...how do you do with exercising with it??
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Hi Kalicia!

I exercise on both up and down days.

But I didn't even start exercising until I had been JUDDDing for about a month and a half.

I would think that, for the first couple weeks, I'd concentrate on working out (cardio) on up days. After that, just go with how you feel. If you're feeling especially tired or light-headed, it might not be the best day/time.

I think any more, my favorite time to run is midday on a fast day. I feel energetic and there is no food left bouncing around in my belly and I feel light on my feet.

If you are lifting - IMO - it might be a good idea to keep that mostly on days that you can eat. I feel stronger on days that I eat - and I, whether I completely believe it is necessary or not, like to top up my protein on days I lift - which can be a challenge to fit into a down day.

Good luck!
  • MsDkis1
    MsDkis1 Posts: 24 Member
    Hi Kalicia!

I exercise on both up and down days.

But I didn't even start exercising until I had been JUDDDing for about a month and a half.

I would think that, for the first couple weeks, I'd concentrate on working out (cardio) on up days. After that, just go with how you feel. If you're feeling especially tired or light-headed, it might not be the best day/time.

I think any more, my favorite time to run is midday on a fast day. I feel energetic and there is no food left bouncing around in my belly and I feel light on my feet.

If you are lifting - IMO - it might be a good idea to keep that mostly on days that you can eat. I feel stronger on days that I eat - and I, whether I completely believe it is necessary or not, like to top up my protein on days I lift - which can be a challenge to fit into a down day.

Good luck!