Introduce Yourself!

Options

Replies

• raquelena
    raquelena Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi can i join again I was here before but lost my account I'm Clare (formerly clarec82) how's everybody getting on?

Hiya! I'm fine, I think I've now lost about 25lbs in the 5ish weeks I've been JUDDD-ing :D The food I'm eating though is rather bad, can't stop with the chocolate and other sweet treats! How about you, are you well?
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hi can i join again I was here before but lost my account I'm Clare (formerly clarec82) how's everybody getting on?

Hiya! I'm fine, I think I've O. . now lost about 25lbs in the 5ish weeks I've been JUDDD-ing :D The food I'm eating though is rather bad, can't stop with the chocolate and othter sweet treats! How about you, are you well?
    I havent been doing the up and down days lately but been losing very very slowly as like you I can't stop eating sweet things. This time of year has been so hard what with Christmas and the cold dark days.

I hope to speed things up a bit by starting this again.
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Wow Raquel that is an awesome weight loss. Congrats!

Welcome back Clare. Sure glad to see you back. I feel just like you..so ready for the holiday eating to be over with already..lol.
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hey girls, nice to see some activity on the board. You are so right about holidays...nice to have them over. I hate all the chocolates coming into the office nowadays. Chocolate is a bit of a weakness for me and I don't keep it in the house.

I did an aerobic/yoga class last Wed and then I did my regular belly dancing class. It was good...only problem, I forgot my running shoes for the aerobics so did it in bare feet. Well, since then, I have had the sorest calves since I was 20...lol. Anyhow, they are getting better and I won't make the mistake of forgetting my running shoes again. Now, the classes are done till January's session starts so I think I will get the elipcial heated up and pull out the Yoga Meltdown. Did the Meltdown last week (before the calf incident) and wow, Jillian makes you sweat............GREAT STUFF.

My down day yesterday wasn't as down as I wanted it, so today I will make more of a medium day and then tomorrow will be a good 500 down day. I want faster results......am I the only one?
  • kel7298
    Options
    I can completely understand why you would want faster result, human nature :wink: This weekend was a total bust (eating wise). I Did the best I could by keeping my calories at bay, but am so thankful for today being a workday (crazy eh) so I could have a DD. I can do DD's on the weekends (at home) if nothing is going on, but the last few weekends have been endless parties :noway: This too shall pass..:laugh: I really do better with the DD/UD pattern as after 3 days of MD's I am now hungry today.

Girl, I can't believe you did that without shoes! :frown: No doubt you learned your lesson. I know you don't want to wear them doing yoga as I have tried...unfortunately I have never been able to get into it. You really like it? Perhaps I should give it another try. :heart:
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been on MFP since last March and have been really successful - up to the last 7lbs or so. I'm feeling quite happy with the loss I've made already (63lbs) but I'm pretty determined to lose the last 7. I originally set my goal at 140lbs and reached that easily and feel my ideal weight is around 126lbs. I admit to feeling quite nervous about this JUDDD, I'm not sure I have the discipline to do the DD thing?!?!? I'm going to give it a try tomorrow as I've seen the progress Kelly has been making over the past months and this seems to be working! Thanks Kelly, for the inspiration! I'm starting tomorrow but won't weigh in till my regular day on Tuesday, not sure why but;.... :-)) Good luck to all of you and by the way - HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • kel7298
    Options
    Welcome Linda. Just remember the first couple DD's are the hardest after that its smooth sailing. Oh and remember, you can always have tomorrow what you are craving today. Good luck~
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :Hi Kel and everyone! I weighed in after my wild and whacky eating over Christmas etc and beyond...
    I gained only FIVE pounds despite using the add cals more than I should! Kind of cheating, I think but only cheating myself! :-))
    Anyway, I now have 12 lbs to lose to get to my goal of 126 lbs. I have reset my goals and now have 1200 to 1220 cals a day.
    My question is, given that there is no way, realistically, that I will stick to under 25% of this, do you think it's workable that I start with the 500 cals? ( Actually, I think I'll find this difficult). I think it's clear that I don't really have any idea what I'm doing here??? :laugh:
    Today will be my UD as you suggested Kelly - look forward to hearing how everyone is doing! Good luck! Linda
  • kel7298
    Options
    Hi Linda, somehow I missed this post.

Take the 1200 calories a day out your mind set and focus on DD's (500) and UD's (1800). These figures can fudge a bit one way or the other. When you average the two days together you will still get approx 1200 a day, but with the added bonus of calorie cycling to confuse your metabolism, plus you can treat yourself to some of those things you usually can't eat on a 1200 a day diet.

BTW - your DD looked great yesterday!
  • ondogirl
    ondogirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    This is my first week of JUDDD. 1850/500. Today was a DD for me. So far so good.
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Good for you, I gonna fell off JUDDD but I have been low carbing and watching calories. However, I do plan to get back at it starting tomorrow with a DD of 600.

Donna
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    This is my first week of JUDDD. 1850/500. Today was a DD for me. So far so good.

Welcome! I hope your DD went smoothly. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We'd be glad to help!
  • ondogirl
    ondogirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Welcome! I hope your DD went smoothly. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We'd be glad to help!

Thanks! Will do. On another DD today, feel very good!
  • kel7298
    Options
    Good for you, I gonna fell off JUDDD but I have been low carbing and watching calories. However, I do plan to get back at it starting tomorrow with a DD of 600.

Donna

You go girlie!
    Thanks! Will do. On another DD today, feel very good!

Yay! That is always a good thing.
  • Pami225
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Pami @ LCF, had to add something when I created this account, so added 225 (my birthday- Feb, 25). I'm from Ohio, where we just got a little snow and a cold front- wind chill temps below 0 forecast for most of the day. Anyway, I started on Jan. 1 and looked up my UD and DD calories, but couldn't believe it would work, so I started out with a few high DDs in a row. I still don't get to the JUDDD site's recommended UD calories, but I do manage to get OVER myfitnesspal's recommendations! As of today, I'm going to start trying for 0-calorie DDs, as I just think that would be easier. I'm staying low-er carb when I can (haha yesterday I ate oatmeal, raisins AND steak fries!) because I think (for me) the carb intake sets off cravings that I would rather not deal with on DDs. Will be interesting to see how I fare today after yesterday's carbs. As of this AM I am down 9 lbs. Official weigh-ins are on the weekends, whichever weekend day follows a DD, so this week, Saturday will be the official weigh-in. I'm doing well (I think) and wish you all luck, blessings and FUN!!
  • kel7298
    Options
    Hi Pami! I have seen you post over at LCF. Nice to have you here. Congrats on your 9lbs! That is awesome!
  • Sassy1701
    Options
    Hi - I'm Sharon (but my nickname is Sassy!) - and rightly so - I earned it!.
    I'm in a constant struggle with 20-30 lbs. Lost 20lbs this past spring on the HCG. Cannot live on 500 cals per day. I can however, live with a couple of 500 cal days per week. I am not famililar yet with the Judd plan - how many DD are there per week? Is it alternating 1UD and then 1DD?? Any help getting started is sure appreciated!!
    Thanks!
    Sassy in Surprise, AZ:flowerforyou:
  • Keiras_Mom
    Options
    Hi Sharon. Welcome. JUDDD is an alternating plan, so it is every other day. UD/DD/UD/DD etc. Pretty much all you need to know can be found on Dr. Johnson's website. Just google JUDDD and it will come up. I highly recommend reading all you can on the website and deciding if this is a good fit for you.

I love, love, love it! I eat under 500 calories one day, then 2200 the next (though I have a LOT to lose, so you're numbers will probably be lower on your up days). There are no restrictions on WHAT you can eat, just how many calories. I don't get the sense of deprivation because I know whatever I can't have today, I can have it tomorrow. I mean, really, what other diet allows you to eat pizza and hot wings, wine and chocolate, and still lose! I'm losing almost 3 lbs/week.

There are also a wide variety of healthy benefits from alternating the way we do with JUDDD. So take a look at the website, figure out your numbers, and let us know if you need any help.
  • Sassy1701
    Options
    Thanks! I will definately check it out! When did you start and how much are you trying to loose?
  • Keiras_Mom
    Options
    I switched from Atkins to JUDDD on 12/12/11. I have lost 22 lbs on JUDDD in 7 1/2 weeks. I had roughly 100 lbs to lose, more or less depending on how I feel when I get there. I am 5'10" so my I can carry a little more weight. I'm shooting for 175 and will decide then if I need to lose more.