Introduce Yourself!

Options

Replies

• kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Kristi.

I have been on LCF board and JUDDDing for 17 weeks now. Have lost over 30 pounds on JUDDD, my goal is to lose 30-40 more.
  • itsmeshelly1
    itsmeshelly1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is michelle from the lcf board. I love juddd and have been eating this way since right before Christmas. Loosely at first. I have lost about 3lbs and am tweaking things a little so I can lose about 5lbs. I am loving this woe after eating lowcarb for 7 years. This is a wonderful breath of fresh air. Lowcarb helped me lose over 100 lbs but I was very ready for a change.
    I'm glad to have another forum that is juddd related. Only if more people would figure outs how wonderful it is!
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    and here all along I thought your name was Shelly :blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • itsmeshelly1
    itsmeshelly1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! Shelly is fine. Its my nickname so please dont stop calling me shelly!!!!
  • Kissacottontail
    Kissacottontail Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So glad to see our little band of JUDDDers growing. I want to share JUDDD with the whole world!
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm back as eating in moderation isn't working. I've recalculated my dds now I've reached a healthy range and I can have 695cals I've just got to stick to it. So how's everyone been?
  • roxie_belle85
    Options
    Hi, i would like to join you all if thats ok? I'm carli and i would like to lose 67lbs. I have bought the book on kindle and i am planning on starting monday after i have been shopping tomorrow!
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Welcome Roxie, it works........it truly does! Any questions just ask, lots of helpful people here!
  • kel7298
    Options
    Hi, i would like to join you all if thats ok? I'm carli and i would like to lose 67lbs. I have bought the book on kindle and i am planning on starting monday after i have been shopping tomorrow!

Welcome Carli. Just as Donna said...questions...just ask
  • kel7298
    Options
    Hi I'm back as eating in moderation isn't working. I've recalculated my dds now I've reached a healthy range and I can have 695cals I've just got to stick to it. So how's everyone been?

Wb Clare. I'm in process of doing a reset. Hope to be Judding full force soon.
  • Clarecbear82
    Options

Wb Clare. I'm in process of doing a reset. Hope to be Judding full force soon.
    Nice to be back my first dd didn't go well ended up at f&b where I had half of their 350cal spaghetti then my oh made me pancakes and angel delight for dinner so ended up eating 910cals so now I don't know wheather to eat something else and have a dd tomorrow or just have a ud tomorrow and carry on from there?
  • Clarecbear82
    Options
    I've decided to make tomorrow my dd so ate a bit more today
  • mnlosing
    Options
    Hi my name is Carla and I am starting JUDDD today. I did the calculator on the site. Just confused at what % to start at. The lowest has me consuming DD 410 and UD at 2050. Is that good to start with or should I go to more middle ground % like the 30% or 25%?

I am excited for this journey.
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I personally do not think you should go lower than 500. If you read on the site, it recommends doing 500 on DD for 2 weeks at the start of the diet.

Hope that helps.

Donna
  • mnlosing
    Options
    Donna thanks that does help a lot, I will read some more and do that, 410 seemed really low to me at first.
  • kel7298
    Options
    Hi!

There are some that go lower than 500 but not during the first two weeks. You have to let your body get used to this new WOE. Also, if you can't stick to 500 don't beat yourself up. Try 600/1800 that will still give you a nice spread with the same average caloric intake.

Good Luck!
  • mnlosing
    Options
    Thanks, I am going to try that, so far so good today on DD - a little hungry but it is getting close to lunch. Looking forward to getting into a "groove" with numbers.
  • DryHeet
    DryHeet Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    So glad to find this group! I had a very successful experience with JUDDD in 2009 - I lost 31 pounds in 15 weeks and kept it off until late 2011. My weight has crept up by about 20 pounds. I keep trying to get started on JUDDD again and I hope if I join this group, the accountability will help me stay on track.

I'm also new to MFP and the notion of "eating back" my exercise calories is interesting. But, I think I will stick to the calorie goals I developed the last time I used JUDDD.

My schedule is DD on M,W,F and up days for the rest. I exercise 6 days a week, so I usually target 600 to 700 calories on DD. I also try to keep my UD under 1650. Ideally, I try to have my calories average out to 1200/day over a week long period.

Good luck everyone!
  • Hudd5412
    Hudd5412 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Megan, I am considering trying JUDDD - it sounds like a great plan for me, espeically limiting DDs to one at at time. I can do anything for one day! Today would be day one, but I'm wondering: should I start with UD or DD? Does it matter?
  • kel7298
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Megan, I am considering trying JUDDD - it sounds like a great plan for me, espeically limiting DDs to one at at time. I can do anything for one day! Today would be day one, but I'm wondering: should I start with UD or DD? Does it matter?

I have read that a UD is best since you have something to start with for you DD.