Introduce Yourself!

Options

Replies

• raquelena
    raquelena Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited, I ordered a dress on the internet the other day that I know won't fit as a motivation and so I can measure how my body is changing (I can't be bothered with a tape measure!) It's just arrived, and I tried it on and it ALMOST fits, it's just tight round the bottom half. It's a size 14 (US 12) which is what i normally buy for a dress, but that's because I always buy styles that go out at the waist. This is a shift dress so everything is on show! It's 36 days til xmas and I think with sticking to JUDDD and upping my exercise i can so fit into it by xmas day! I think I might take a picture now, and then one when I DO fit into it properly. Wish me luck...
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited, I ordered a dress on the internet the other day that I know won't fit as a motivation and so I can measure how my body is changing (I can't be bothered with a tape measure!) It's just arrived, and I tried it on and it ALMOST fits, it's just tight round the bottom half. It's a size 14 (US 12) which is what i normally buy for a dress, but that's because I always buy styles that go out at the waist. This is a shift dress so everything is on show! It's 36 days til xmas and I think with sticking to JUDDD and upping my exercise i can so fit into it by xmas day! I think I might take a picture now, and then one when I DO fit into it properly. Wish me luck...

That so great! I know you will be able to do it, especially with the motivation!

As far as the 2000 calories, I try really hard no to eat that many. I am trying to average 1200 daily at the most. Here is a link to calculate your calories, tho i personally think the website is very generous.

http://www.johnsonupdaydowndaydiet.com/html/how-to-do-the-diet.html
  • raquelena
    Options

As far as the 2000 calories, I try really hard no to eat that many. I am trying to average 1200 daily at the most. Here is a link to calculate your calories, tho i personally think the website is very generous.

http://www.johnsonupdaydowndaydiet.com/html/how-to-do-the-diet.html

Thanks. Hmmm, yea I don't wanna eat 2000 cals either. Well I do obviously :P But for this diet i'd rather not. I'm having 2 up days in a row so I can accommodate my eating out plans (eating out 3 times this week... got to love JUDDD) Went on the scales at the gym today to double check that I had lost 10lbs (i don't trust my ones at home) and it's true! Yayayayay. I can now officially log it. Not expecting anything half as good next week as I'm gonna be eating so much on my up days, but I think I'm gonna start going to the gym every day before class. I've got the motivation of the picture of my tummy bulge in the xmas dress!
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi how's everyone getting on? I haven't dine to well this week but I am feeling ill so everything tastes like cardboard so I'm just tryin to eat something. Will start again when I feel better. Your all doing great by the way
  • raquelena
    Options
    Hi how's everyone getting on? I haven't dine to well this week but I am feeling ill so everything tastes like cardboard so I'm just tryin to eat something. Will start again when I feel better. Your all doing great by the way

Sucks that you're ill. Everyone seems to be getting winter illnesses atm. But i suppose its best to get it out the way before xmas. 2 people asked me today if i've lost weight (i haven't told anyone i'm on a diet) which whilst is meant to be nice just makes me cringed and embarrassed to think they noticed that i'm fat to begin with! Oh well. If this works i'll have to deal with a lot more of these situations.
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options

Sucks that you're ill. Everyone seems to be getting winter illnesses atm. But i suppose its best to get it out the way before xmas. 2 people asked me today if i've lost weight (i haven't told anyone i'm on a diet) which whilst is meant to be nice just makes me cringed and embarrassed to think they noticed that i'm fat to begin with! Oh well. If this works i'll have to deal with a lot more of these situations.

Hi well done on someone noticing I also hate it! Especially when people who told you that your not big say how much better you look lol.

So I'm starting again today. Have a great week everyone
  • kel7298
    Options
    Hi Ladies. Sorry I have been MIA the past couple days. That life thing sure has a way of getting in the way..lol.

Raquel - WTG on the "official" weight loss. That is excellent! Since you are going out to eat so often have you thought about throwing a MD (Mid Day) into the mix. This way you are not doing UD's back to back. If your DD's are 500 and your UD are 1800 perhaps a MD of 1200? Just a thought.

Clare - I hope you get to feeling better. It's no fun to be sick. I had a terrible migraine Sat and basically lost the whole dang day. sure glad I don't have those often. Welcome back!
  • raquelena
    Options
    Hi Ladies. Sorry I have been MIA the past couple days. That life thing sure has a way of getting in the way..lol.

Raquel - WTG on the "official" weight loss. That is excellent! Since you are going out to eat so often have you thought about throwing a MD (Mid Day) into the mix. This way you are not doing UD's back to back. If your DD's are 500 and your UD are 1800 perhaps a MD of 1200? Just a thought.

Clare - I hope you get to feeling better. It's no fun to be sick. I had a terrible migraine Sat and basically lost the whole dang day. sure glad I don't have those often. Welcome back!

Haha, well at least you've still been logging your food, I'm seriously impressed with how long you've stuck at it for! In you don't mind me asking, were you on a different diet before this?/why did you chose JUDDD?

Yea, that's what I ended up doing! Great minds think alike hey ;)

Went to dinner at this pizza place today and had the most amazing pizza that was like 1200 cals... don't even feel guilty about it cos it's an UD :) I really love JUDDD, why don't more people do it?!
  • kel7298
    Options
    Haha, well at least you've still been logging your food, I'm seriously impressed with how long you've stuck at it for! In you don't mind me asking, were you on a different diet before this?/why did you chose JUDDD?

Yea, that's what I ended up doing! Great minds think alike hey ;)

Went to dinner at this pizza place today and had the most amazing pizza that was like 1200 cals... don't even feel guilty about it cos it's an UD :) I really love JUDDD, why don't more people do it?!

R - I have been logging food for so long it's become a habit. Yes, I was trying the "traditional" diet before but it was not working for me. I have to severely reduce my caloric intake for me to lose. One of the best/easiest ways for me is with JUDDD. I ran across it last year, lost a few pounds, then stopped (not sure why). It seems to be working for me right now sooo...

I know! It is amazing what we can do with it. More people don't do it cause they have been brainwashed/conditioned to think it's not good for them.
  • kel7298
    Options
    Hey Clare and Raquel. How are you doing?
  • raquelena
    Options
    Hi! I'm doing fine thanks, you?

In the past week and a half I've lost another 5lbs. Whoop! So that makes 15lbs in 3 weeks :D And I haven't been exercising either cos I had loads of university deadlines. But that's all over now so I'm gonna go to the gym every day in the run up to Christmas as my aim is to lose another 10lbs. Food-wise I'm really getting into the rhythm of it now, and I even managed a DD when I had to be in the library for 15 hours (normally that makes me sooooo hungry).

Oh and BIG NEWS. Today when I weighed in my BMI was 29,9, I'M NO LONGER OBESE. Yayyyyyyyyyyyy! Happyhappyhappy.
  • kel7298
    Options
    Hi! I'm doing fine thanks, you?

In the past week and a half I've lost another 5lbs. Whoop! So that makes 15lbs in 3 weeks :D And I haven't been exercising either cos I had loads of university deadlines. But that's all over now so I'm gonna go to the gym every day in the run up to Christmas as my aim is to lose another 10lbs. Food-wise I'm really getting into the rhythm of it now, and I even managed a DD when I had to be in the library for 15 hours (normally that makes me sooooo hungry).

Oh and BIG NEWS. Today when I weighed in my BMI was 29,9, I'M NO LONGER OBESE. Yayyyyyyyyyyyy! Happyhappyhappy.

Woohoo! That is fantastic news. You are doing so well. Once you get into the gym more, you will get even better results.
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies:

I have been following low carb and slowly losing weight however, I need a bit of a change and watching my friend here, Kelly lose weight faster than me when both of us couldn't lose an ounce before October, I decided to check into her JUDDD. I will admit I had not heard of it before but I could see her fluctuating her caloric intake and wondered just what her formula was. Now I know and I am starting tomorrow, well actually today but it is an UD as it is my birthday and we going out for dinner, however, I plan to get back to recording which I slacked off on when low carbing. I still plan to do low carb as well as I have found that I don't need the high carbs that I was eating before.

Just read the entire thread and congratulations ladies on the wonderful weight losses.

Donna
  • raquelena
    Options
    Hi ladies:

I have been following low carb and slowly losing weight however, I need a bit of a change and watching my friend here, Kelly lose weight faster than me when both of us couldn't lose an ounce before October, I decided to check into her JUDDD. I will admit I had not heard of it before but I could see her fluctuating her caloric intake and wondered just what her formula was. Now I know and I am starting tomorrow, well actually today but it is an UD as it is my birthday and we going out for dinner, however, I plan to get back to recording which I slacked off on when low carbing. I still plan to do low carb as well as I have found that I don't need the high carbs that I was eating before.

Just read the entire thread and congratulations ladies on the wonderful weight losses.

Donna

Hiya Donna!

I think it's quite common for people to switch from low carb to JUDDD when they're stuck in a bit of a rut! Good luck and I hope you have a good time with it. If you don't know already, there is a really good forum for JUDDD on lowcarbfriends.com if you need any advice/have questions/want ideas. Let me know how you first DD goes! Hopefully not too bad :D
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Well. had my first DD and it was a little bit of a challenge as it was a Saturday without work! But I made it through and today I CAN EAT. Man, why does food become so important after one quits smoking! I suppose it's cause I used to smoke instead of eat!! Ugh.........how gross!

Too early to see any change in the scales yet, I usually use the weight on Tuesday mornings but if there is no change, then I won't use it....lol
  • raquelena
    Options
    Yay! Glad it wasn't too bad. And it'll only get easier. I've never smoked but can appreciate how hard it is! I hear lots of people replace food with exercise so you could go from smoking>>food>>exercise! Good luck for Tuesday, Hopefully the scales will be super kind.
  • kel7298
    Options
    Well. had my first DD and it was a little bit of a challenge as it was a Saturday without work! But I made it through and today I CAN EAT. Man, why does food become so important after one quits smoking! I suppose it's cause I used to smoke instead of eat!! Ugh.........how gross!

Too early to see any change in the scales yet, I usually use the weight on Tuesday mornings but if there is no change, then I won't use it....lol

WTG Donna! I knew you could do it. I promise it does get easier. Keeping my fingers crossed for Tuesday!

Raquel - What is your username at lowcarbfriends.com?
  • raquelena
    Options
    Raquel - What is your username at lowcarbfriends.com?

It's the same, Raquelena... are you on there too?!
  • kel7298
    Options
    Yes Ma'am same name as here.
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hi can i join again I was here before but lost my account I'm Clare (formerly clarec82) how's everybody getting on?