Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hello Ravenclaw! I have been doing good this week. I've stayed out of the candy bowls at work and am very proud of myself. I've worked my arms 2 out of 3 days and managed to squeak in under carbs today by 6! So it looks like I'm off to a good start this week!

Gotta go do homework now - hope you all are having a great week!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! This is turning out to be a crazy week with work, because I'm leaving for vacation on Sunday, and I really don't want to take work with me, so it's not leaving a lot of time to work out. But, I went ahead and signed up for a speed training running class tonight - I've been thinking about it for awhile, and it has intimidated me in the past, but I decided to go for it. We had to run a 'magic mile' tonight to get our starting time, and so the coach can figure out what our paces should be for different kinds of workouts. We were told to run as hard as we could, and if we felt like puking afterwards, we had done it right. I didn't quite get to that level, but my lungs were on fire and I've been coughing them up all night. But, most importantly, my time was a shocking 8:43 - I never would have believed I could move that fast a few years ago when I started running, so it just goes to show what persistence can do :wink:

Hope everyone is having a great week!
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Enjoy this wednesday! Time to push play
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am seriously, seriously pumped to say that I am now in ONEderland! :D I haven't recorded my weight on here yet, since I only do that on the weekends, but I've had two days in a row in the 199s, so I am counting it.

I can't even BELIEVE I've gotten to this point. I honestly didn't see myself every getting below 200 again, and it's absolutely thrilling to think I've done it. Now I'm off to dance around my house and celebrate before I have to go to work, lol.

YAY!!!!!!

*Oh, oh, oh, I am now letting myself change my username, too, but I need to decide what to change it to. Any suggestions? I'd like to keep the same format if possible. kellyis1drous, kellyishappy- kellyisNOTfat makes me laugh, lol. Any other thoughts?
  • azsuzi
    Options
    I am seriously, seriously pumped to say that I am now in ONEderland! :D I haven't recorded my weight on here yet, since I only do that on the weekends, but I've had two days in a row in the 199s, so I am counting it.

I can't even BELIEVE I've gotten to this point. I honestly didn't see myself every getting below 200 again, and it's absolutely thrilling to think I've done it. Now I'm off to dance around my house and celebrate before I have to go to work, lol.

YAY!!!!!!
    Good for you Kelly! That's a wonderful accomplishment - and a great new pic to boot!! :drinker:
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Hey Ravenclaws!
    Doing well today- run this morning followed by arms and abs (no ripped today, I started but realized I wasn't giving it my all so said screw it!)

I had a conversation with one of my best friends this weekend which led me to thinking on my run this morning (its where my best thinking takes place) I wonder if what I see when I look in the mirror is what other people see when they look at me. I honestly don't think so.
    First- I see myself without clothes so there's nothing camouflaging the less than desirable parts
    Second- I am naturally my own worst and hardest critic, so I see a flaw (or what I perceive as a flaw) and its all I see . . .leading to me not being able to see the good parts
    Third- I still see myself as "fluffy", I would like to think that will stop at some point, but in all honesty I don't think it will . . . I don't have an eating disorder (you can check out my diary) but I just don't think I will ever look at myself and think "I'm skinny/toned/sexy/not"fluffy"

Which leads me to think- do any of us actually see what other people see when they look at us. And I wonder what I would think if I saw my exact body double- would I say "wow she's in great shape" or would I think "she needs to lose some weight?"

BTW- the conversation was me comparing myself to another woman and my friend (who is brutally honest with me- kind of like a sister) saying I was smaller and more toned than the other girl- which I completely didn't see or agree with. I look at the other woman as being in great shape
  • hollyg123
    hollyg123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi Ravenclaws! I am doing well avoiding carbs, but I haven't been logging my food (been on the run for the past couple days!) and working my arms is more of a challenge then I thought it would be.
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody!

As Wednesday slips away, I shake my head and realize that it's already the middle of the week... and I haven't posted since Sunday. I can't believe how much time flies and makes it difficult keep in touch here, but I'm working on it.

I was inspired by someone's idea to reach a certain amount of minutes by the end of the month, and have been doing something similar. With my fitbit, I try to keep my steps above 5,000 for the day. Sometimes that's easy to do, while other days I may only get in 2,000 steps. I've been doing well so far with that, and have been feeling the bounce in my step. When work doesn't naturally let me earn those steps, I turn to the bike or to a walk down the street to keep it up. Working well.

All I need to do now is remember to do a round of pushups before bed.

I am very excited I get to eat pistachio cake tomorrow. I've been doing really well with cravings and eating properly... it's about time to celebrate.

Have a good Wednesday! See you tomorrow!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    @momofJandA: I don't think any of us see ourselves the way other people do. I also think that because its human nature to judge others negatively (for our own ego boost?), we assume others are judging us negatively too. In order to not be judged harshly by others, we look for the smallest things that might be used against us and see that as a "flaw" that must be "corrected". It really is a vicious cycle. Learning to let go of that judgmental side of ourselves would probably open us up to be more accepting of ourselves and everyone around us. Great topic for thought!
  • srp2011
    Options

YAY!!!!!!

*Oh, oh, oh, I am now letting myself change my username, too, but I need to decide what to change it to. Any suggestions? I'd like to keep the same format if possible. kellyis1drous, kellyishappy- kellyisNOTfat makes me laugh, lol. Any other thoughts?

That's awesome!! Congrats! Hard work DOES pay off :drinker:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Hi Eagles! I'm just giving you a heads up that April Week 1's results are posted in the Great Hall!

Great work everyone!

PS. Kelly, I really love KellyisNOTfat. It's got a nice ring to it. And CONGRATS, girl!
  • ahubacek
    ahubacek Posts: 135
    Options

YAY!!!!!!

This is amazing! Congrats!

This week has been really challenging for me because of my crazy work schedule and my classes starting up again. I've been under carbs but I haven't had overall healthy food choices because I've been on the go so much. I have some time off this afternoon so hopefully I can catch up on homework and get in a real workout before my epic 18 hour day tomorrow. My lack of healthy food options definitely have me feeling fat and icky this week so I'm pretty much expecting a water-related gain on my weight in.

Hope everyone else is having a great week! It's nearly Friday!
  • brittlynn07
    brittlynn07 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! Today has been an awesome day food wise so far but I'm basically forcing myself to eat because I haven't been hungry! Hopefully that means I'll actually be under my carbs for the day cause the past two days it hasn't happened.

@kelly- Congrats! You have worked really hard!
  • momofJandA
    Options
    @kelly- amazing girl . . . you ARE amazing!!!!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Greetings fellow Ravenclaws! I'm still holding strong against the candy bowls at work. I haven't touched a piece of chocolate all week! And what does my hubby bring home as a surprise? Dark chocolate-covered raisins! :noway: He didn't know my self-imposed goal this week - but really? Why did he choose this week? :ohwell:
  • srp2011
    Options
    Greetings fellow Ravenclaws! I'm still holding strong against the candy bowls at work. I haven't touched a piece of chocolate all week! And what does my hubby bring home as a surprise? Dark chocolate-covered raisins! :noway: He didn't know my self-imposed goal this week - but really? Why did he choose this week? :ohwell:

Because he's a man, and they have a genetic predisposition to doing or saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. It's on the Y chromosome, next to the remote control flipping gene :laugh:
  • momofJandA
    Options

Because he's a man, and they have a genetic predisposition to doing or saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. It's on the Y chromosome, next to the remote control flipping gene :laugh:

I couldn't agree more!!! I swear my husband has this inner switch that goes off that makes him do something stupid at least 3x a week- its like Homer Simpson- doah!

I'm liking the scale this week- she's not always my friend but so far this week she likes me and I like her (of course its a love/hate relationship so that could all change tomorrow)
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the wonderful compliments! I'm so excited about it. And thanks, Bron, for weighing in on the username. :D

Oh man. I couldn't agree more on the topic Sue started ^ I swear it's just part of their nature to somehow know the exact wrong time to do what might otherwise be a right thing (or even just the wrong time for a wrong thing), lol.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    It's Friday!! Happy almost weekend!

I'm certainly glad I'm not the only one struggling with that Y-chromosome defect! :laugh: I hate to say anything to him about the fact that he just bought something that I'm not going to eat because then he'll never buy me anything spontaneously again and use the excuse that I never appreciate anything that he does for me! Ugh!!
  • momofJandA
    Options
    Good morning Ravenclaws! Hoping to get to the walking bridge today to up my exercise minutes for the week (I'm at 290 right now) hopefully the little ones will cooperate!